Mental Health Center of Denver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mental Health Center of Denver Interview Questions

Interviews at Mental Health Center of Denver

2.6

Interview

The interview process took quite a while. I came back for a second interview. That's was nice because they had some of the people I would be working with in the interview and I was able to get more of a realistic feel for things.

Mental Health Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mental Health Center of Denver (Denver, CO) in November 2018.

Interview

2 interviews, and after you finish the interview process you begin the paperwork. The whole process took 2.5 months, I don't think this is normal so I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but it was a very disorganized process, some of the paperwork I turned in went missing and I had to resubmit it extending the process even more. They use a third party company for references which makes things more complicated.
    After the long process, I was offered a very low wage they couldn't negotiate.
    A long and disappointing process for me as I was really looking forward to the job, but I hear so many good things about the company, maybe it was an isolated incident.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student was continually struggling with math? How would you integrate a new student to the school? What is most important when working with a team?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mental Health Center of Denver (Denver, CO).

Interview

It was ok.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mental Health Center of Denver (Denver, CO).

Interview

I received in-person interview invitation. I asked for the interview details and they interviewer asked to call her. I called her and she started her conversation with company information. The interviewer tried to scare me by giving me the history of the budget for the position. The person (interviewer) kept trying to tell me that don't worry...this is a safe position....although there are some layoffs, you don't need to worry. I didn't feel right. I was wondering that why she was talking about the budget of the position instead of giving me some useful information such their expectations.
    I still went for the in person interview. The interview started 10 minutes late. I met the person who I spoke with. She was not very nice. She started her intro speech with the same information she gave me over the phone regarding the budget of the positions and some layoffs at Denver Health that happend recently. I got a feeling that she is trying to scare me. The interviewers asked me only one question and looked very uninterested. However they answered my all questions but with very less interest. I went home after my interview and after few hours Inhave received their rejection. Overall it looks like that they do the interviews for the sake of the company or HR rules that they have to atleast certain no of candidates outside of the organization who applied for the position. Just for the dam rules they do this....and simply reject the candidated. My experience was not good. I would not recommend this department to anyone.

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mental Health Center of Denver (Denver, CO) in May 2018.

Interview

I met with the director and one other staff member. They took turns asking questions about my past work history, etc.. got an email saying they wanted to begin the background check

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mental Health Center of Denver (Denver, CO).

Interview

The communication for my employment was wonderful. I received a call back in the same day as my first interview for a second interview.The Second interview was quickly administered, and I was hired within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• This business is geared more towards the clients, but the technical part of the job was very organized. Mostly through computers daily business was completed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told what the job entailed, and I complied.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mental Health Center of Denver (Denver, CO) in September 2010.

Interview

Normally a panel interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not willing to negotiate on offered salary even when I stated I had experience.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mental Health Center of Denver (Denver, CO).

Interview

Was called several weeks after applying for job. Office manager gave me a description of MHCD mission, expected hours/job description, and scheduled an interview time for the following week.
    I was interviewed by one of the supervisors who was very nice, conversational. Supervisor told me about the client base, responsibilities, and work culture which is centered on wellness - physical and mental health. No office backstabbing or drama - they get enough of that in the field.
    We discussed my resume, past work experience, and I was asked about 7 questions that were pretty general: do you have a valid CO driver's license, describe a time when you resolved a conflict, what was your most/least favorite part about your workplace. The interview was about 30-45 minutes long.
    Afterwards I did a very lengthy background check - consisted of something like an IQ test and a sample of clinical notes.

Interview Questions

• How would you interact with a consumer who is having a lot of trouble w/ recovery?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the offer without negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mental Health Center of Denver (Denver, CO).

Interview

I submitted my resume via someone I knew working there and also applied online. I received a call within a couple of days of applying. Very basic interview experience with a panel of a couple of current case managers and a program manager. I was offered a job within 3 days and started the following week, so the hiring process, once it begins, is usually very quick due to the high turnover of case management positions.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my experience with diversity, how I work with others, etc.   Answer Question

Procurement Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mental Health Center of Denver (Denver, CO) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for in person interview after a month. 1st interview went very well. After a week later I received another email for second interview. 2nd interview went very well too. Next day I received an email to start background check. After two interviews, completing background check and wait of 2+ months I received an email saying they decided to go with someone else. I saw my background report and there was nothing wrong with it. I do not know what made them made this decision but please be aware with their process. It is very disappointing to be not selected after completing all the process and left with no reason. If you are applying here be very careful!

Interview Questions

• Average interview questions and nothing difficult. At the end of the interview I asked few questions and they seems to be little incompetent to answer some of my questions. So you can take a guess! If you know your field than the interview is easy.   Answer Question