Mentor Graphics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 1, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Associate Rotational Engineer - SVC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

The process took about a month. I applied through my university's job board and I got an email from HR about a week later asking for a phone interview. This interview lasted only about 15 minutes, as the HR person was simply describing the job to me. About a week later I got an email from an Engineer asking to set up a phone interview. In the phone interview, I talked with the Engineer about the projects on my resume, as well as my ideas about the position I was applying for. This lasted about an hour. Later that day they emailed me asking to do an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of three 45 minute interviews. Two with Engineers and one with the same HR lady. The Engineers asked me questions about the projects listed on my resume, and again, my ideas about the position I was applying for. The HR lady asked me some basic behavioral questions. They were super nice and encouraging. I walked out of the interview thinking I nailed it, but I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

Interview

Basic 2 phone interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview

First interview with HR about English proficiency then with several senior engineer and manager. Tests might be given for coding proficiency. Previous employer or relative experience helps a lot. And of course referral will help a lot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The person taking the interview was really helpful. He tried to make me feel as comfortable as possible and drop in hints whenever possible. Spoke a lot about the company and the team

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in January 2018.

Interview

Online test followed by an onsite interview. The onsite lasts about 90 mins with a group of engineers. On the onsite, expect to code on a white board. I'm absolutely disappointed with the recruiting process. After my onsite, I had to reach out to the recruiter weekly to get some updates. At this point, I don't even know if I'm still being considered (every-time I email the recruiter, I find out that I'm still being considered).

When a candidate makes it onsite, I expect a rejection or an offer. How would you like it if you gave me an offer and I disappeared? Sounds unprofessional to me. Respect your candidates time. After this experience, I don't want to apply or work for them.

Interview Questions

• Basic programming/design questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

after i applied online, hr called me and set up a telephone coding interview. on the interview they briefly asked me some general questions, and moved on to the collaborative part of the interview. there were three coding tasks, all of them were regarding linked list in c++.

Interview Questions

• modify the piece of code in c++, so that the function add would add an item to the front of the linked list.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Huntsville, AL) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview was unorganized and my interviewers didn't seem ready to give an interview. After an introduction, a random employee was asked to interview me with no preparation. He asked questions and got the terminology wrong, then wondered how I didn't know the answer. I was also asked what my dream company to work for is, as if it would be this one rather than a Silicon Valley company.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of abstract data types?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Portland, OR) in March 2008.

Interview

This actually is an intern phone interview. It went through pretty well as companies are eager to get whatever they can get at that time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics in May 2015.

Interview

Coding questions. Interview was really simple. Lasted for hardly 10 min. They didn't ask any questions from resume. They gave me few days to prepare. The job description was web development but no questions were asked.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in February 2012.

Interview

One on one interview with all team members

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Marlborough, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

I was already an employee that was there through acquisition. We didn't have to interview really for our jobs. The "away team" was sent from the division to check us all out though but they didn't listen to anything we had to say about how we did business. We spent the next nine months waiting for them to figure it out while they completely destroyed everything we had done for the past 10 years and then came back and told us we were right but made it sound like it was their idea.