Mentor Graphics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mentor Graphics Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

Associate Rotational Engineer - SVC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

The process took about a month. I applied through my university's job board and I got an email from HR about a week later asking for a phone interview. This interview lasted only about 15 minutes, as the HR person was simply describing the job to me. About a week later I got an email from an Engineer asking to set up a phone interview. In the phone interview, I talked with the Engineer about the projects on my resume, as well as my ideas about the position I was applying for. This lasted about an hour. Later that day they emailed me asking to do an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of three 45 minute interviews. Two with Engineers and one with the same HR lady. The Engineers asked me questions about the projects listed on my resume, and again, my ideas about the position I was applying for. The HR lady asked me some basic behavioral questions. They were super nice and encouraging. I walked out of the interview thinking I nailed it, but I did not receive an offer.

Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

Phone screen first, then an on site interview where they asked for a presentation. They asked questions based on what was on my resume. Gave a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the tools that mentor graphics sells?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job on the website and got a email the very next day about scheduling a phone interview with the recruiter. Almost immediately after, I had a request from the recruiter for another phone interview, this time with the Hiring Manager. The phone interview was set for Monday. After Monday's phone call, I got another almost immediate response from the recruiter for a request for an on-site interview with the Hiring Manager and a few others. I connected with another individual to set up the on-site interview for Thursday.

The on-site interview was roughly an hour and a half long. I met with the Business Partner for the group, then the people I would be working with, and then met the Hiring Manager in person. The interview was relatively easy, and I left the on-site interview on a positive note, and was told I would hear from them early the next week.

And it's true, I did here from them on Monday of the next week. However, their response came in the form of a clearly auto-generated email (with a no reply address) telling me that they had decided to pursue other candidates. Which is all good and fine, I don't want to be in a role, company or group that doesn't feel I'm the right fit. But the way they went about telling me is, in my mind, classless. After I had taken time away from the job I already had to have 2 phone interviews and an hour and a half long in person interview, I couldn't even get a phone call or personal email with an explanation about why I wasn't right for the role.

This definitely has affected my view of Mentor Graphics as a company, one that I held to a pretty high standard before, but now question whether or not I'd even try to apply for any positions again in the future.

Associate Rotation Engineer-Med Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview

I had applied online on the portal. Got an HR call which lasted for about 20 mins. Asked general questions about my resume and gave a brief description of the job profile.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The person taking the interview was really helpful. He tried to make me feel as comfortable as possible and drop in hints whenever possible. Spoke a lot about the company and the team

Associate Rotation Engineer-Med Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

it's phone interview. I thought it was a technical interview. But they asked something about my resume and it was the only part that I didn't prepare before!!! Those review sessions were held a year a ago!!!!So I failed

Interview Questions

• tell me about your review session in Computational Fluid Dynamics.   Answer Question

Senior Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by four people over three hours: the manager I'd be reporting to, a woman who does the work I would do, and two marketing directors. It was fairly grueling, but all four were thoughtful and knowledgable. The manager and the co-worker were very encouraging and gave me the information I'd need to understand what the job was about and how to manage the more difficult aspects of it.

Interview Questions

• This was a highly technical position: ghostwriting content, such as conference presentations and white papers, for integrated circuit design engineers. The biggest question was "Will you enjoy working on such technical material day in and day out?"   1 Answer

Automotive Embedded Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview

I applied the position few months ago. After 2 months, the HR staff in headquarter sent a e-mail to schedule the interview. I went to the local branch for the on-site interview. The interview is kind of casual and somewhat unorganized. Several people supposed to interview with me, but after interviewing second employee, the principal engineer said that other interviews are not able to interview because they are tied with meetings.
    Each interview are just reviewing resume and asking the detail and related technical questions.

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Telephone, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with someone that wasn't so clear about this job. The job description appeared to be something non-technical, when in fact I found out through other sources that it was actually technical. Needless to say, initially I showed little interest in the job.

I had to reach out to the hiring manager through a reference and I was called back. But I think the one that interviewed me still was quite unclear. He said it was a highly technical job, but then he wanted to know I would not miss being hands-on as I am right now. That seemed to me to be quite confusing.

Anyway, they wanted to meet me onsite. But then I was traveling for my work the week they wanted me over. This caused a conflict and they decided to go with the candidates they currently had.

The position was closed quickly - I think they wanted to hire very fast and couldn't wait. This wasn't so well suited for my timelines at that moment.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer makes a particular request for some specific functionality? How would you proceed?   Answer Question
    • You seem to be very hands-on and very in - depth in your technical knowledge. Would you miss your current job upon joining here?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics in May 2015.

Interview

Coding questions. Interview was really simple. Lasted for hardly 10 min. They didn't ask any questions from resume. They gave me few days to prepare. The job description was web development but no questions were asked.