Mentor Graphics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mentor Graphics Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics in May 2015.

Interview

Coding questions. Interview was really simple. Lasted for hardly 10 min. They didn't ask any questions from resume. They gave me few days to prepare. The job description was web development but no questions were asked.

ASIC Verification Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a one hour telephonic round for the position in Oregon. They focused on grilling me over a relevant Project and System Verilog particularly. They checked my knowledge in various phases of ASIC Design and also asked me about the corresponding tools. Power,Timing and Area optimization was also a focus of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you synthesize a part of code again after your entire systhesis for the whole design has taken a day?   2 Answers

Corporate Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview: It lasted for about 45 minutes. Included behavioral and technical questions.
    Onsite interview: About to happen in a few days.

The interview was really nice. There were two people who interviewed me over the phone, both of whom were working in the same position for which I was interviewing. They made me feel really comfortable despite this being my first ever interview.

Associate Rotation Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. First interview was a HR and it was very friendly. Second was a tech phone screen. It was not tough or easy. No response after that. Did not go through.

Associate Rotation -Design for Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview that lasted for 5 hrs onsite. got mixed reviwes from the interiewers,
    1st Round: HR Telephonic
    2nd Round: Technical Telephonic
    3rd Round: onsite which had 5 rounds. Behavioural and Technical

Interview Questions

• they were very Keen on verification then on Testing   1 Answer

MECOP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Corvallis, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

This position directly came from the collaboration of the MECOP program at Oregon State University and several technical companies within Oregon and Southern Washington - the interview took place at the Winter 2015 Selection Event at OSU as a mass interview with several companies. Unfortunately that means that this position is unlikely to be available to someone on glassdoor, but I've heard from colleagues that their later interview processes are similar.

Interview Questions

• "I noticed here that you've taken ECE 391 - electromagnetics. How well did you do in the class, and why did you list it/enjoy about it?"   1 Answer

Associate Rotation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

Got a call from career fair. Phone interview followed by onsite interview with four total rounds of 45 minutes each followed by lunch with all of them. Environment was very friendly and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• Gave me a piece of code in System Verilog and expected me to find bugs and write output.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics in December 2014.

Interview

Interview was fairly simple. General screening about background in college projects and courses taken. Was asked about my experience with the toolset I would be working with in the new job.

Interview Questions

• Describe activities you've taken part in in a team environment.   1 Answer

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

One on one interview with the supervisor of the department. The interview was mostly a conversation regarding my past experience and what type of opportunity I was looking for. Be prepared to discuss personal interests and hobbies. Overall the interview was more a conversation than a typical question based interview. I received an offer the day after my interview and was given a month to consider accepting it.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience in the field.   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics in July 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by HR. He was polite and explained that the job would be based in Fremont, CA. I was asked to write a cover letter explaining my interest and background with respect to the job and send it to the HR within 24 hours of the phone call.