Mentor Graphics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mentor Graphics Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

Corporate Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone screen followed by in-person interview. Phone screen is about 30-45 minutes mostly questions out of your resume. In-person is a presentation followed by 2-3 rounds of interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions on DC drop, split planes, crosstalk. How do you solve crosstalk issues in split planes? What are split planes? What is crosstalk?   Answer Question

Corporate Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

Phone Screen....Talked about job and possible advancements. Explained to me that he got my resume from my university careers department....

Interview Questions

• What interested you in this role?   1 Answer

Don't offer Engineering student a telemarketing job....really what a waste of time!

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Mobile, AL) in October 2012.

Interview

Got a phone call from the company's HR to set up phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by one of their team member. Questions about C, memory management, executable file format and some questions about resume. I passed and got the onsite. The interview lasted about 5 hours including talking with different team members. Questions about embedded system concepts, C compiler and preprocessor, interrupt handling, cache ...
    The interview was quite informal and the interviewers seemed not ready to ask questions. But they were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Given a continuous block of memory, design a fifo data cache with the interface get_data() and put_data().   1 Answer

Data Center Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics in September 2012.

Interview

Two stage interview with the Hiring manager and tour of applicable facility areas as well as interview with the team leaders for the data center and IT groups. Interview setting was relaxed compared to most with a general sense that the team is strait-forward and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Not much in the way of the unexpected, they are very to the point, friendly but also professional. The hiring manager might throw behavioral questions in mix.   Answer Question

Associate Rotation Engineer-DVT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics in August 2012.

Interview

I had two rounds of interview . The first round was basic and they gave me information on what they do. It was mostly based on PCB design.

Interview Questions

• I didnt have much PCB design and were mostly interested in it   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Huntsville, AL) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview was unorganized and my interviewers didn't seem ready to give an interview. After an introduction, a random employee was asked to interview me with no preparation. He asked questions and got the terminology wrong, then wondered how I didn't know the answer. I was also asked what my dream company to work for is, as if it would be this one rather than a Silicon Valley company.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of abstract data types?   1 Answer

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Fremont, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Very fast and superficial. I could tell that there wasn't a lot of depth, and after being hired, I encountered the results in management. Job opening come and go so fast that there's a scramble to fill them with warm bodies before they get closed or reassigned.

Interview Questions

• Draw a wired NAND circuit.   1 Answer

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in February 2012.

Interview

One on one interview with all team members

QA Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Mobile, AL) in June 2011.

Interview

I had a few phone calls. The first call was mainly to setup a second call in a conference with manager and engineers. Only some basic questions about my experience were asked with emphasis on software development experience.
    I came in for a 1 to 1 interview with manager and discussed in more detailed previous work and future aspirations and the description of the work I would be doing.
    I had a few other calls dealing with salary and finally came to an agreement and job acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Type of work I previously did
      Software related experience
      References
      Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Good folks, friendly and polite