Mentor Graphics Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.8

Associate Rotational Engineer - SVC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

The process took about a month. I applied through my university's job board and I got an email from HR about a week later asking for a phone interview. This interview lasted only about 15 minutes, as the HR person was simply describing the job to me. About a week later I got an email from an Engineer asking to set up a phone interview. In the phone interview, I talked with the Engineer about the projects on my resume, as well as my ideas about the position I was applying for. This lasted about an hour. Later that day they emailed me asking to do an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of three 45 minute interviews. Two with Engineers and one with the same HR lady. The Engineers asked me questions about the projects listed on my resume, and again, my ideas about the position I was applying for. The HR lady asked me some basic behavioral questions. They were super nice and encouraging. I walked out of the interview thinking I nailed it, but I did not receive an offer.

Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

Phone screen first, then an on site interview where they asked for a presentation. They asked questions based on what was on my resume. Gave a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the tools that mentor graphics sells?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job on the website and got a email the very next day about scheduling a phone interview with the recruiter. Almost immediately after, I had a request from the recruiter for another phone interview, this time with the Hiring Manager. The phone interview was set for Monday. After Monday's phone call, I got another almost immediate response from the recruiter for a request for an on-site interview with the Hiring Manager and a few others. I connected with another individual to set up the on-site interview for Thursday.

The on-site interview was roughly an hour and a half long. I met with the Business Partner for the group, then the people I would be working with, and then met the Hiring Manager in person. The interview was relatively easy, and I left the on-site interview on a positive note, and was told I would hear from them early the next week.

And it's true, I did here from them on Monday of the next week. However, their response came in the form of a clearly auto-generated email (with a no reply address) telling me that they had decided to pursue other candidates. Which is all good and fine, I don't want to be in a role, company or group that doesn't feel I'm the right fit. But the way they went about telling me is, in my mind, classless. After I had taken time away from the job I already had to have 2 phone interviews and an hour and a half long in person interview, I couldn't even get a phone call or personal email with an explanation about why I wasn't right for the role.

This definitely has affected my view of Mentor Graphics as a company, one that I held to a pretty high standard before, but now question whether or not I'd even try to apply for any positions again in the future.

Senior Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by four people over three hours: the manager I'd be reporting to, a woman who does the work I would do, and two marketing directors. It was fairly grueling, but all four were thoughtful and knowledgable. The manager and the co-worker were very encouraging and gave me the information I'd need to understand what the job was about and how to manage the more difficult aspects of it.

Interview Questions

• This was a highly technical position: ghostwriting content, such as conference presentations and white papers, for integrated circuit design engineers. The biggest question was "Will you enjoy working on such technical material day in and day out?"   1 Answer

Corporate Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview: It lasted for about 45 minutes. Included behavioral and technical questions.
    Onsite interview: About to happen in a few days.

The interview was really nice. There were two people who interviewed me over the phone, both of whom were working in the same position for which I was interviewing. They made me feel really comfortable despite this being my first ever interview.

Associate Rotation -Design for Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview that lasted for 5 hrs onsite. got mixed reviwes from the interiewers,
    1st Round: HR Telephonic
    2nd Round: Technical Telephonic
    3rd Round: onsite which had 5 rounds. Behavioural and Technical

Interview Questions

• they were very Keen on verification then on Testing   1 Answer

Associate Rotation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

Got a call from career fair. Phone interview followed by onsite interview with four total rounds of 45 minutes each followed by lunch with all of them. Environment was very friendly and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• Gave me a piece of code in System Verilog and expected me to find bugs and write output.   1 Answer

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

One on one interview with the supervisor of the department. The interview was mostly a conversation regarding my past experience and what type of opportunity I was looking for. Be prepared to discuss personal interests and hobbies. Overall the interview was more a conversation than a typical question based interview. I received an offer the day after my interview and was given a month to consider accepting it.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience in the field.   1 Answer

Marketing Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

I was called for an interview for marketing business analyst though. Firstly, they changed the job description and the coordinator sent me a JD which I hadn't even applied for! I reached back to them on this and it was corrected. The interview was very short- They were looking for an IT based skill set which was not described in the JD and was a clear mismatch. Overall a very very unplanned, unorganized disappointing process.

Corporate Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

I was contacted about the opportunity after they selected my resume from a uni career fair. We communicated via email about the position before a phone interview. A week after the phone interview, I was invited on-site for multiple interviews and to give a technical presentation. A very positive experience and it paid off as it has paved the way for further engineering roles within the company.

Interview Questions

• It was one technical question in a topic that I was not that skilled in. It didn't hinder me as I got the other ones correct.   Answer Question