Mentor Graphics Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mentor Graphics Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in October 2008.

Interview

From technology question to behaviors question. Long time interviews. Finally get the offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mentor Graphics

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Probably one the worst interviewing experience I've ever had. The interview itself and the local manager were quite unprofessional. The manager seemed more interested in bragging about himself, his exploits while working for Google and the exclusivity of the interview process, than discussing any of the projects from my CV/portfolio.

The technical interview, seemed more like a collection of random C/Linux obscurities than an assessment of any particular skill set. In addition, I haven't received any feedback on the interview performance either on-site from the interviewer or in the following two months from the recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Lahore (Pakistan)).

Interview

It's a very long process spanning over 4 days. There was delay of weeks and no communication at all between interviews. There should be time constraints. Sometimes, an interview schedules for 1.30 hour is prolonged to 3+ hours.

Interview Questions

• Programming Fundamentals, C/C++ Fundamentals, Computer Architecture   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview

They take 2 Technical 1 HR. First technical interview is preliminary assessment of basic concepts and understanding of the job as per requirement. Second technical interview as complete panel interview it included verbal questions and written queries, numeric and coding. HR interview was not though. It was a comfortable one.

Interview Questions

• Though technical questions. In-depth concept testing to practical implementation on different scenarios. Interviewers give ques to help you if you grasp the understanding   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't need to negotiate they offer competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Lahore (Pakistan)) in May 2016.

Interview

I received a call for the interview. And on the day of an interview, they gave me a surprise by handing over the written test (90min) related to a programming language (C/C++). After this, they interviewed. They asked questions related to what was written in my CV (experience and projects) and other than that; they also asked questions from basic programming, OOP, OS, and compiler.

Interview Questions

• what is the size of pointer?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in December 2015.

Interview

There were 2 technical interviews in C language, I had to introduce myself and tell about a projects I've done before, I was introduced to a company platforms,projects and tools they work with.

Interview Questions

• Print all permutations of an integer set, say {1,..n} for a fixed n.   1 Answer
    • Say you have an 64KB stack and a very recursive function that causes a segmentation fault. Add several lines to the function code to inform the user if a seg. fault is going to occur.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lahore (Pakistan)

Interview

The interview was based on OS, embedded systems and hardware architecture and compilers. I was asked a lot of memory based questions and a lot of questions about computer architecture with respect to embedded systems. A lot of questions about compilation of the code were asked and a lot questions about the operating systems were asked too.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

3 - 4 cycles of interviews, you contacted by telephone to arrange for an interview , at first you got a technical exam for an hour and depending on the result you got another phone call to determine a technical interview (verbal) and depending on the result you got another phone call to determine a personal interview with the managers and the hr

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Lahore (Pakistan)) in August 2014.

Interview

2 Interviews 1 for Technical assessment and the other with HR. HR interview was pretty basic with standard questions no stupid HR questions. Technical interview was interesting and in the end quite informative.

Interview Questions

• Technical Assessment: C related questions emphasis on micro controller programming. Pointers, Compilers, Linkers, build process e.t.c   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Mentor mainly asks about the concepts in the technical exam interview, they tell you about the exam.
    After passing the technical exam, you will sit with a team leader for discussing some of the concepts you learned and may be you will be asked to write some piece of code.
    Then you will sit with the HR team and the team manager for discussing your CV and goals.
    Only 3 interview phases. Dont be so nasty in any of them. They are not that easy, and they are so tricky.

Interview Questions

• Writing the code you discussed on a paper, programming concepts, some HW architecture   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, you will get the offer by mail.