Mentor Graphics Technical Marketing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mentor Graphics Technical Marketing Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Telephone, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with someone that wasn't so clear about this job. The job description appeared to be something non-technical, when in fact I found out through other sources that it was actually technical. Needless to say, initially I showed little interest in the job.

I had to reach out to the hiring manager through a reference and I was called back. But I think the one that interviewed me still was quite unclear. He said it was a highly technical job, but then he wanted to know I would not miss being hands-on as I am right now. That seemed to me to be quite confusing.

Anyway, they wanted to meet me onsite. But then I was traveling for my work the week they wanted me over. This caused a conflict and they decided to go with the candidates they currently had.

The position was closed quickly - I think they wanted to hire very fast and couldn't wait. This wasn't so well suited for my timelines at that moment.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer makes a particular request for some specific functionality? How would you proceed?   Answer Question
  • You seem to be very hands-on and very in - depth in your technical knowledge. Would you miss your current job upon joining here?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mentor Graphics

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (San Jose, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

Since I was already working in Mentor with a different product group. It was an easy migration withing the company. The interview lasted only for about half a day where I was interviewed by my future manager and couple of team members. The questions were mainly to see how my previous experience and education background could fit the new position with a different product.

Interview Questions

• Explain your work done with a particular set of tools in your current position.   1 Answer

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview

I was contacted by Mentor through a referral. I had an informal conversation with the hiring manager via phone and then was invited to visit onsite.

It was a very positive interview experience. Interview schedule was a full day. I did interviews with engineering as well as marketing. Most of the interviews were conversational but some were technical for the product area I was going to be working in. I also gave a presentation to the team.

Interview Questions

• I had to prepare a presentation on the spot and delivering it to the interview team. This was challenging but I thought it was actually a pretty good idea.   Answer Question

Negotiation

pretty straight forward. I was able to negotiate a little on salary but I was getting a good bump up already. Benefits were better than what I had....

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics in October 2010.

Interview

Proficiency in Verilog, synthesis and C++ expected, with basic VLSI knowledge. It was a good experience

Interview Questions

• Difference between blocking n non-blocking/ latch n flipflop   Answer Question