Meraki Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meraki Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with Inside Sales Manager, in person interview with 2 Sales Managers and 2 Sales Directors, and then offer. Each in person interview covered separate topics - culture fit and adaptability; relationship building; sales process and quota achievement; and Meraki history, products and competition. All interviews were 30 minutes and the interviewers were punctual to start and end.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Meraki

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The recruitment team was informative and responsive. They made a positive impact on my decision to move forward with Meraki. The interview panel was professional and fair.

Overall it's the best interview experience I've had in my professional career and I'm very excited to join the company!

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The whole experience was amazing! The Meraki recruiting team is as professional and responsive as it gets. Shout-out to my Recruiter Katy and my Coordinator Amanda, they are the kind of people that set candidates up for success.

The process for me was as follows:

- Recruiting Event (happy hour): you meet with recruiters, hiring managers and team members. Bring your A game. People are very approachable, be ready to answer: why sales and why Meraki?

- Final 2hr On-Site interview with 4 segments divided by topic: Sales Aptitude, Relationship Building, Culture Fit and Technical Aptitude. Close every single interview, you are in sales after all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Received an email via a Meraki Recruiter because my information was sent via a recruiting agency. We talked for 15-20 minutes and she let me know about a happy hour event Meraki was hosting the next day. The neworking event is at a bar and both Merkai along with Webex employees are there. Make sure to speak with the employees, hiring managers and get their insights. Speak about the products along with why you would be a great fit.
    100% deals are closed via partner and 70-80% are hitting their quota, which is great. It is an easy sell once in, since the products are amazing.
    After that step, you are notified within a few days whether an in-person meeting will follow. Interview 1 for Coachability /Adaptability /Culture Fit, Interview #2: Relationship building, Interview #3: Sales, and Interview #4: Technical Aptitude. Both Meraki's and agency recruiter will help you prepare. Make sure to prepare fully. Know competitors for each individual product that Merkai has and make sure to know each of them.
    Speak about your numbers, sales process.
    At the end they will check past 2 years of W2, recent paycheck, have you fill out a huge form and get references.
    Overall great communication and best of luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your sales process.
      What's your quota?
      Why Meraki? What do you know about our products?
      What do you know about how Meraki came about?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter to determine you meet minimum requirements then call with sales manager. Know your #s, process and be able to give a spiel on your product knowledge. Based on that he decides whether to move you forward or not. The onsite was with 4 managers 30 mins each. The recruiter is super concise and helpful in prepping you. Literally prepare for what she tells you bec that will be covered. This was the hardest interview I've had among the 4 interviews I've done in sales. I was drained and exhausted by the end. But it was worth it bec I ended up getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Favorite manager type, what do you know about our products   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

i relied on my recruiter and the employee who referred me to help prep for the interviews. initial interview was a phone screen and then I had an interview with a hiring manager before they brought me in for a 4 hour panel interview. Each interviewer on the panel addressed something different...culture fit, sales process, technical aptitude, what do i know about meraki and our competition.

Interview Questions

• asked about my engineering technical aptitude and how I have been successful in working with partners before   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very complete and easy going interview process. Very thorough quetions both technical and business oriented. I was interviewed both by phone and in person. The recruiting team is excellent and their advice for the interview process was very helpful. Well organized, they completed the interview and hiring process very quickly.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Basic phone interviews with recruiter, than a sales manager, then in-person interview with a panel that covers, culture, sales achievement, and product. Each interviewer covered one of the items, though the questions were fairly easy for anyone that spent a few hours reviewing their own resume and Meraki as an organization.

Interview Questions

• What does Meraki do and what value does it bring to the market?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Meraki.

Interview

The interview process was as follows:
    1. Phone Interview with Recruiter
    2. 2nd Phone interview with another recruiter
    3. In-person interview with a panel of four people
    4. Offer made

Everything was very exciting while the interview process was occurring. The main thing is to be prepared and know your current sales process.

Interview Questions

• They wanted very specific information about current sales successes I had- Be very detailed, nothing was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations took 2 days

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was invited to a recruiting cocktail party by my awesome friend who works for Cisco Meraki. The cocktail party was a blast -but be warned! This party is the first round of your interview. They are testing for soft skills that are critical for sales success (i.e relationship-building, conversational abilities, establishing rapport etc.). After the cocktail party, I was immediately called in for an in-person interview. I had four consecutive one-on one interviews in one afternoon onsite - 2 with sales directors and 2 with sales team managers. Each interview asked questions pertaining to a distinct skill set (i.e, sales process questions, technical/product questions etc.). I "hard closed" at the end of each interview, so I was not surprised that I was reached out to by the recruiter two days later with an offer. It took me a longer time, however, to come on board because I was negotiating my base/OTE. I was already in a good situation and was not willing to take a pay cut. Negotiation took several months. After learning more about available overtime and the culture of quota over-achievement, I decided to come on board. Cisco Meraki has an amazing product, an amazing culture and an amazing office and I feel so excited to get started!

Interview Questions

• Explain a technical skill or ability that you have.   1 Answer