Mercadolibre Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.8

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mercadolibre (Buenos Aires (Argentina)).

Interview

Looked from a global perspective the process was great (different stages, different hierarchy interviewing, assessing a variety of qualifications each).
    From a company perspective they were really direct towards the type of candidate they wanted for the role. Overall everybody seemed to be cohesive with the expectations.

The reason why I think this process was horrible was because my experience with the crappy staffing agency you meet at the beggining. All they did was coming up with what it appeared to be "disrupting" recruiting, asking random questions completely out of the bllue (like, do you have boyfriend?)- They were really concerned about dig in on my current professional network rather than assesing my capabilities in depth. Lack of professionalism - psycholgist-aspirational little spoiled girls.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions, way too much focus on narrating how difficult the role was to be.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

Interview

I was contacted by an agency through LinkedIn. I interviewed with a woman from HR. I arrived 10 mins prior to my interview. Got kept waiting for half an hour without any explanations. The interview was very informal "get to know the candidate" type. She asked couple of questions about my current job. I didn't get ANY feedback and wasn't reached out again even though I was told I would. Mercado Libre should focus a bit more on their interviewing process.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Córdoba (Argentina)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercadolibre (Córdoba (Argentina)) in August 2016.

Interview

They contacted me through linkedin to offer me a position, I accepted, and then they called me two days later to set an interview with an HR person, interview was ok, so they send me via email a HackerRank exam with 30 questions, after that I recived a practical project where the finality was build a mercadolibre's like product webpage using their libraries and stuff, then a technical interview with the Front End Lead, and finally they made an offer.

Customer Experience Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercadolibre in June 2016.

Interview

Recruiter interview followed by 2 managers interview. After that 2 months and no response or process status. At the beggining Recruiters was very thoughtful but after all interviews seems too busy to reply emails or send at least how is the process going.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barueri (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercadolibre (Barueri (Brazil)) in July 2013.

Interview

Initial communications through Head Hunting. Later, 1st interview with HR regional Manager, 2nd interview with HR LatAM Diretor, 3rd interview with Business Executives: Marketing and Products Latam Director, Latam Marketing Manager, Head of Business Director; and the last interview with the Senior VP of Business Unit.

All interviews were demanding, asking questions about my last 5 years background. Questions were about business scenarios of my past history, understanding tradeoff, resultas and decisions. HR interviews were all about background to understand interpersonal qualities. Business interviews were focused on background but driven for the future challenges from the new position.

Interview Questions

• Difficult - a Series o questions, may be 30-40 questions, in sequence, discussing an strategy behind consumer segmentation, trade marketing, Digital Marketing, Consumer engagement and business growth. Very challenging and interesting though.   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I interviewed at Mercadolibre (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in May 2013.

Interview

An HR person contacted me via mail for a two-hour duration Assessment Center for the followings days. We were supposed to be 10 guys, but only 7 of us showed up. The meeting was conducted by this HR person but the hiring manager was also present and made some questions whenever she felt it was important. We all had the chance to introduce ourselves and were asked some basic questions such as what are your responsbilities in your current job?, Why do you want to change?, Why MercadoLibre?. After this AC, 2 or 3 people would be invited to an individual interview. I didn´t got that invitation. I guess it was because I didn´t (and don´t) have some requirements that were "desirable" for the position (SQL, database marketing, etc). All in all, the HR people were very nice and communicative. Good experience.

Interview Questions

• If you have to choose to be one animal, what animal would you like to be?   1 Answer

Lider De Qualidade Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Mercadolibre (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in April 2015.

Interview

O primeiro passo foi uma entrevista por telefone, onde contei minha experiência profissional e o motivo do desejo de um novo emprego. Depois seguiu os seguintes passos: entrevista pessoal, teste de personalidade, entrevista com Rh, com gestor da área e com o diretor.

Interview Questions

• Plano de Carreira, motivo do desejo de mudança de emprego, experiência profissional.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercadolibre (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in September 2012.

Interview

Primero una entrevista con RRHH, luego un examen tecnico bastante completo que pasa desde preguntas simples de java hasta preguntas de algoritmia y sql, tercero una entrevista tecnica y por ultimo una entrevista con un manager.