Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.9

UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with hiring manager then on-site with the team. Present take home exercise and portfolio review onsite follow with two 1 on 1 with team members.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the future of mobility will be like? What is your view on future in-car experience?   Answer Question

Principal Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Got a response soon and schedule for the initial discussion. After initial discussion with recruiter, I was told to receive a communication on the next round by same day EOD or by the next day. I tried to follow up with the recruiter after not getting any response even after a week or so. Then I received a communication that the next round will be a coding challenge powered by HackersRank. In the coding challenge I was surprised that the only option to code was java while I've been working on python from last 7 years and the same I communicated to the recruiter as well and clearly mentioned that I don't have any working experience with Java. He was fine with that. Also Java is nowhere mentioned in my resume. I quit the test and wrote to the recruiter about this. I got a single line response that Java is absolutely mandatory for this position. surprised!!! Huh!

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with head of a design team for freightliner and other large vehicles. General hypothetical questions were asked. Interviewer was very friendly and understanding. They were looking for someone quickly to join their team.

Interview Questions

• how I would implement my design process into their project.   Answer Question

Senior Architect Connected Vehicles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Rather slow process, a month or more, but they apologize all along for it, recruiter reached out from linked in, responded after a reminder from me, a phone screen focusing on real time systems followed by an in person with three panels. Interview tested for analytic and algorithmic thinking for real time connected car architecture, general discussion of technologies on resume, organizational situations with peers, supervisors and reports. They like long tenures, if you are from a rapid pace tech space with 2-4 years, you will be questioned rather thoroughly about it. Company is legacy, seems hesitant to change, tech stack and direction comes from Germany, you only implement and upkeep in the US. Seemingly has not yet embraced cloud and open source. Technical interviewers were from Germany, who were great to vibe with, US counterparts, not so much.

Interview Questions

• Phone and in person interview tested for analytic and algorithmic thinking for real time connected car architecture, general discussion of technologies on resume, organizational situations with peers, supervisors and reports.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was in multiple stages. I received a C coding test which I submitted and got a follow up interview call. My possible senior was really impressed and scheduled a follow up FINAL interview with his BOSS.. On that particular day. The HR told me that they will have to shift the interview date. After I replied asking what day of the week they replied within one hour saying interview process was halted for that position although it seems to be still open in their job portal.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Video conversation, we talked about my future tasks and about the company and the projects they work on. I asked questions about benefits, salary and other things. I was asked a lot of about my previous experience and projects I was working on. We discussed technologies I should potentially learn in order to prepare for this internship

Interview Questions

• 1. Qualifications
      2. Previous experience
      3. Motivation
      4. Why MBRDNA   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

Interview

They are quite welcoming and nice. They will begin by explaining more in detail what you will be doing in your position, then proceed to ask you questions. The questions were primarily behavioral with an exception to a couple that looked to be answered with more technical terms and language.

Contact Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America in August 2015.

Interview

Amazingly moved quick. Vendor called me to submit. Recd response within 30 minutes on Thursday, scheduled 2 phone interviews Friday, then onsite set for Monday and offer end of day. People are very welcoming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great opportunity! Worked with vendor on rate negotiation and they were flexible.

Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Recruiter phone screening, manager phone interview, design excercise and then on-site interview and presentation as well as getting to know teams and people.

Very polite, clear and transparent. Everybody that I interacted with was extremely supportive and nice, from recruiter to manager level. The people that I spoke with during the on-site interview phase seemed to be very happy with the work & culture at mbrdna.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why Mercedes Benz RDNA?
      Q: Working client-site vs. agency, what do you prefer?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone call with a panel. They were keen on putting me down with all deep dive technical questions on skills not mentioned in my resume and that are irrelevant to the position. Makes me believe that there is truth in the reviews about company. I would have declined the offer even if they extended me one.

Interview Questions

• Why were you switching jobs so frequently (every 3 years) ???   Answer Question