Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2016

2.8

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Video conversation, we talked about my future tasks and about the company and the projects they work on. I asked questions about benefits, salary and other things. I was asked a lot of about my previous experience and projects I was working on. We discussed technologies I should potentially learn in order to prepare for this internship

Interview Questions

• 1. Qualifications
      2. Previous experience
      3. Motivation
      4. Why MBRDNA
      Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America.

Interview

They are quite welcoming and nice. They will begin by explaining more in detail what you will be doing in your position, then proceed to ask you questions. The questions were primarily behavioral with an exception to a couple that looked to be answered with more technical terms and language.

Contact Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America in August 2015.

Interview

Amazingly moved quick. Vendor called me to submit. Recd response within 30 minutes on Thursday, scheduled 2 phone interviews Friday, then onsite set for Monday and offer end of day. People are very welcoming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great opportunity! Worked with vendor on rate negotiation and they were flexible.

Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Recruiter phone screening, manager phone interview, design excercise and then on-site interview and presentation as well as getting to know teams and people.

Very polite, clear and transparent. Everybody that I interacted with was extremely supportive and nice, from recruiter to manager level. The people that I spoke with during the on-site interview phase seemed to be very happy with the work & culture at mbrdna.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why Mercedes Benz RDNA?
      Q: Working client-site vs. agency, what do you prefer?
      Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone call with a panel. They were keen on putting me down with all deep dive technical questions on skills not mentioned in my resume and that are irrelevant to the position. Makes me believe that there is truth in the reviews about company. I would have declined the offer even if they extended me one.

Interview Questions

• Why were you switching jobs so frequently (every 3 years) ???   Answer Question

Electric Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Was contacted, run through a phone interview, and finally an in-person interview. Interview process took place relatively quickly and a decision was made within a month. Overall it was a very standard process, no surprises, loop holes, or abnormalities that showed up. Have seen some relatively poor interview processes in my past and was relieved that this didn't fit into that category

Interview Questions

• Tell us one of your weaknesses   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America.

Interview

One Phone interview.

Mechanical Engineering Temp, Powertrain, Lakewood, CA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (Lakewood, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

3 on 1 interview (three engineers) asking about resume, past projects/experiences, technical questions about Mechanical Engineering (torque on a four combustion engine..).
    (I am EE)

Fuel Cell Diagnostics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America.

Interview

Skype interview, camera was set up in a conference room and two interviewers were using a conference telephone. Due to this, I couldn't really see the interviewers and it was difficult to hear the one lady. I had to keep asking her to repeat herself and she never made an effort to speak louder or move closer to the phone. Did not ask anything related to fuel cells.

Interview Questions

• Were particularly interested in the statistics class I was taking, asked me what it was about and if I liked it.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America.

Interview

Phone call with a recruiter asking general questions followed by interview call with a panel. The panel asked technical questions and simple coding exercises. Never heard anything back from them.

Interview Questions

• The panel interview felt like the person was going through a checklist. The interviewer also focused on an area of research I had not worked in before even though I made it clear which area I worked in.   Answer Question