Mercer Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 2, 2017

2.6

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I met the recruiters at an on campus career fair and traded contact info with one of them.

A few weeks later I was contacted for a video interview. The video interview has questions that automatically queue up and you get an allotted amount of time to answer them.

I was a little thrown off for the first question because this was a new style of interviewing for me, but I got into the swing of it by the second and subsequent questions.

A couple weeks later I was contacted for an in-office interview. I live about 2 hours away from the office so I woke up the morning of and drove down. I was a little late but they were very understanding due to the nature of the drive. I was really impressed by the team and the building.

The interview was pretty laidback and consisted of 4 different interviews. They just wanted to get to know me and see if I was a good fit or not. I ended up getting the offer and was very pleased with the experience so I rescinded my other offer(s) and accepted theirs.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mercer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer in November 2016.

Interview

It was an interview process through a system called HireVue. It has pre set video questions, you have around 30 seconds - a few minutes to prepare (it is up to them how much time you are given). Then, you are recorded answering the question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercer (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I did not even really apply for the job. They got my resume through a resume book at a career fair. They had me come in for a on-site interview where I met with three groups of two people each. Most of the questions were behavioral, but they ask you some odd questions that make you think.

Interview Questions

• What one company would you want to consult for and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I'm glad I found out that this is an unprofessional company before I made the mistake of working with them! They invited me for a second round interview but cancelled my eligibility due to rescheduling on their end.

Interview Questions

Mercer Response

Nov 13, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear that you had a poor experience during the interview process. We do strive to provide every candidate with a positive experience and a true reflection of our company culture. We... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercer (Richmond, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Brief HR Screening interview followed by a full day of individual, 45-minute interviews with 5 members of the Actuarial Team. The day included lunch. Most of the questions asked were about items on my resume. The on-site interview was mainly for the employees to gauge my fit within the company and whether or not they could see themselves working with me. Little to no situational or critical thinking questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied via Taleo online. Four days later I was called by a recruiter about the position and we talked about the position (interview format) for about an hour. A week later I talked with one of the heads of the company at the site I'd be working at and we interviewed for about an hour. I then was flown out for an interview at their Phoenix location. I interviewed with 9 people back to back over lunch. The time in the interview was from 8am-12:30pm and then I flew home. Such a shame I wasn't selected - their company was very professional and I would have liked (and still would like) to work for them. Luckily the recruiter told me he's looking to put me in other positions - very professional of him.

Interview Questions

• 1. How many gallons are contained in all the swimming pools in Phoenix?
      2. What does a Vlookup do?
      3. What macros have you made?
      4. Would you see yourself in a team environment like this one? Use evidence.
      5. Would you see yourself in a dynamic workplace? Use evidence.
      6. What is your proficiency in Excel?
      7. Tell me more about your past mathematical modeling positions.
      8. Tell us about actuarial exams.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

applied through college career website. got an on campus interview.
    They ask all behavioral questions
    I think they ended up taking the intern so the position is closed.
    One of the hardest question was : What did you learn from the client meeting?

Interview Questions

• Why do you like Mercer?
      Why should we hire you?
      What did you learn from the client meeting?   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

I applied through the school website and get the interview on campus. Around 15 students at our school get the interview, and I think the process goes well. Not many difficult problems and it is a conversational format. Received notification after a while to say result comes out in a week. The second round is on site interview. But did not get it.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Detroit, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two separate interviews with various behavioral and critical thinking based questions and a lunch with a few of the business associates within the firm. The first interview was with one individual from the company, and the second was with multiple employees at the location where I was applying to work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an Actuary?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer (Southfield, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Communications from Mercer were a little slow. The final round interview was a half day of interviews followed by a lunch. The interviews were just them getting to know you to see if you fit.