Mercer Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercer Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercer (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I did not even really apply for the job. They got my resume through a resume book at a career fair. They had me come in for a on-site interview where I met with three groups of two people each. Most of the questions were behavioral, but they ask you some odd questions that make you think.

Interview Questions

• What one company would you want to consult for and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mercer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I'm glad I found out that this is an unprofessional company before I made the mistake of working with them! They invited me for a second round interview but cancelled my eligibility due to rescheduling on their end.

Interview Questions

Mercer Response

Nov 13, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear that you had a poor experience during the interview process. We do strive to provide every candidate with a positive experience and a true reflection of our company culture. We ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercer (Richmond, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Brief HR Screening interview followed by a full day of individual, 45-minute interviews with 5 members of the Actuarial Team. The day included lunch. Most of the questions asked were about items on my resume. The on-site interview was mainly for the employees to gauge my fit within the company and whether or not they could see themselves working with me. Little to no situational or critical thinking questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied via Taleo online. Four days later I was called by a recruiter about the position and we talked about the position (interview format) for about an hour. A week later I talked with one of the heads of the company at the site I'd be working at and we interviewed for about an hour. I then was flown out for an interview at their Phoenix location. I interviewed with 9 people back to back over lunch. The time in the interview was from 8am-12:30pm and then I flew home. Such a shame I wasn't selected - their company was very professional and I would have liked (and still would like) to work for them. Luckily the recruiter told me he's looking to put me in other positions - very professional of him.

Interview Questions

• 1. How many gallons are contained in all the swimming pools in Phoenix?
      2. What does a Vlookup do?
      3. What macros have you made?
      4. Would you see yourself in a team environment like this one? Use evidence.
      5. Would you see yourself in a dynamic workplace? Use evidence.
      6. What is your proficiency in Excel?
      7. Tell me more about your past mathematical modeling positions.
      8. Tell us about actuarial exams.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

applied through college career website. got an on campus interview.
    They ask all behavioral questions
    I think they ended up taking the intern so the position is closed.
    One of the hardest question was : What did you learn from the client meeting?

Interview Questions

• Why do you like Mercer?
      Why should we hire you?
      What did you learn from the client meeting?
      1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

I applied through the school website and get the interview on campus. Around 15 students at our school get the interview, and I think the process goes well. Not many difficult problems and it is a conversational format. Received notification after a while to say result comes out in a week. The second round is on site interview. But did not get it.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Detroit, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two separate interviews with various behavioral and critical thinking based questions and a lunch with a few of the business associates within the firm. The first interview was with one individual from the company, and the second was with multiple employees at the location where I was applying to work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an Actuary?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer (Southfield, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Communications from Mercer were a little slow. The final round interview was a half day of interviews followed by a lunch. The interviews were just them getting to know you to see if you fit.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through the university career website and was invited for an on campus interview. It was a 1 on 1 interview that lasted 30 minutes. The interviewer just went through my resume and had me talk about my experiences. There weren't any particularly difficult questions.

I found out that I was invited back for an on-site interview just 2 days later along with 5 other people. That was a half day of 1 on 1 interviews which ended with a group lunch. Those interviews were rather informal and were mostly similar to the on campus one. The interview really depended on the person doing the interviewing so the difficulty varied. They didn't ask me any technical questions. It seemed like they were trying to assess your work ethic and competence but also your personality to see if you would fit in.

I believe that between 20-25 of us were invited to the 1st interview and 6 were selected.

Interview Questions

• Give me 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses. You have 30 seconds. Go!   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through school career center. Process did not take long. I interview at the school career center building. Interview was relaxing, however the interviewer looked really tired and stressed out. There was only one person interviewing. I interviewed for about 30 mins or so. Most of the questions were ordinary behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How would check if the light in the refrigerator is on while keeping its door closed?   1 Answer