Mercer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.8

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Interview

Super day interview, met with 6 employees for 30 minutes each. I was a qualified candidate and strong with interviews, they did not let me know if I got the job or not and told me they will get back to me in 6 weeks. They never did.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mercer

Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Mercer in May 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by outside recruiter firm. Provided my information and they submitted resume to Mercer. One week later I was scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of a basic run down through my resume. I'm pretty sure there was a third party on the line. The interview went okay and was asked if I wanted to proceed with the next step which would be a video conference interview. I agreed. Video interview was set up between four different interviewers, all Client Leads and managers. Half hour for each of the 4. Split between two days. Interview was very, very relaxed. One of the interviewers appeared to be read questions off a script. Very friendly, but just going through the motions. The next interviewer asked more interesting questions, not trying to trip you up, just to get a better understanding of your skills. Straight forward. Last interview was actually split between two people for one half hour. The guy that did the interview was very laid back, Client Services Manager. Typical "Tell me about a time" or name a time where you positively impacted the team". Typical STAR type interviews. After the interview stated that I would make a good fit, but they had to debrief. I was told I would hear something at the end of the week as the interview was Monday....didn't get an offer until three weeks later. I thought I didn't get it. Oh, I also was sent a rejection email, but the next day they called me and said that I was offered the position just at a hire role so they closed the lower role.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with excel?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you turned a negative into a positive   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer in January 2017.

Interview

Easy yet lengthy. Kept my answers concise and to the point. Interview was conversation-based. Met with two associates, two principals, and was phone screened by a manager. Highly recommend reading job description for the position and finding relevant past work experience for comparables.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Went through rounds of interviews with several senior and mid level people I would be working with. They all seemed really nice and mentioned a lot of growth opportunities for analysts.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about the job you are currently at?   1 Answer

Mercer Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am happy to hear that you had such a positive experience. Welcome aboard!

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Phone interview + in person interview. Straightforward reasonable questions. Worst part was filling out a job application online in which you are asked to enter EVERY SINGLE JOB YOU HAVE EVER HAD and what you were paid for it. Becomes ridiculous trying to remember what you made during your irrelevant high school job in the last century.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time a co-worker wasn't pulling his or her weight.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

- phone screener (no done via computer directed video interview - computer asks you questions, gives you time to practice a response, then you record a response).
    - final round = super day: roughly 6 interviews. This comprises a math test, 2-3 behavioral interviews, a case interview (focused on HR/compensation), a PowerPoint interview (you walk through a deck and identify key points that you would want to share with a client)

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in HR consulting (vs. other consulting, vs. in-house HR)?   Answer Question

Mercer Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing your experience. We are constantly evolving our approach to interviews and feedback from our prior applicants helps us to do this successfully.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was typical of any interview process. I was interviewed by the senior analyst who had just been promoted from his current position and was now the lead of the team I would have been joining. He asked me the typical interview questions such as Tell me about yourself, Walk me through your resume, What is one major strength and weakness you have. Then I was interviewed by his boss who was the VP and the same types of questions were asked of me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. Explain your current role. Tell me a little bit more about the role you had at your previous company. Pick one strength and one weakness.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Fairly standard interviewing process. The process started with a 30 minute phone interview with two of the senior analysts from the group. Heard back a few days later that I was moving on in the process. Had a 4 hour "super day" where I met several members of the team. Overall, a fairly relaxed process.

Interview Questions

• Two situation "case" questions that were somewhat of a surprise since it isn't a consulting position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very Lengthy but was organized through HR which was in a different location so there was a lot of back and forth. Had to meet with a number of people but team was collegial and professional. Had to meet with each person individually and they all asked different questions so that was interesting to hear how everyone was looking for different skills/experience.

Interview Questions

• Help me understanding tracking error and how would you explain that to a client   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Very rigorous process. Three behavioral interviews, three case interviews, and a lunch. With this group, best to have informational interviews in advance to get to know the people. Hiring decisions were made collectively by the group of interviewers. Tough interview process, not what you'd typically expect for HR consulting.

Interview Questions

• Technical case about human capital related issues and strategy.   Answer Question