Mercer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2017

2.9

Analyst Interview

Interview

Went through rounds of interviews with several senior and mid level people I would be working with. They all seemed really nice and mentioned a lot of growth opportunities for analysts.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about the job you are currently at?   1 Answer

Mercer Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am happy to hear that you had such a positive experience. Welcome aboard!

Other Interview Reviews for Mercer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Phone interview + in person interview. Straightforward reasonable questions. Worst part was filling out a job application online in which you are asked to enter EVERY SINGLE JOB YOU HAVE EVER HAD and what you were paid for it. Becomes ridiculous trying to remember what you made during your irrelevant high school job in the last century.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time a co-worker wasn't pulling his or her weight.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

- phone screener (no done via computer directed video interview - computer asks you questions, gives you time to practice a response, then you record a response).
    - final round = super day: roughly 6 interviews. This comprises a math test, 2-3 behavioral interviews, a case interview (focused on HR/compensation), a PowerPoint interview (you walk through a deck and identify key points that you would want to share with a client)

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in HR consulting (vs. other consulting, vs. in-house HR)?   Answer Question

Mercer Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing your experience. We are constantly evolving our approach to interviews and feedback from our prior applicants helps us to do this successfully.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was typical of any interview process. I was interviewed by the senior analyst who had just been promoted from his current position and was now the lead of the team I would have been joining. He asked me the typical interview questions such as Tell me about yourself, Walk me through your resume, What is one major strength and weakness you have. Then I was interviewed by his boss who was the VP and the same types of questions were asked of me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. Explain your current role. Tell me a little bit more about the role you had at your previous company. Pick one strength and one weakness.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Fairly standard interviewing process. The process started with a 30 minute phone interview with two of the senior analysts from the group. Heard back a few days later that I was moving on in the process. Had a 4 hour "super day" where I met several members of the team. Overall, a fairly relaxed process.

Interview Questions

• Two situation "case" questions that were somewhat of a surprise since it isn't a consulting position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very Lengthy but was organized through HR which was in a different location so there was a lot of back and forth. Had to meet with a number of people but team was collegial and professional. Had to meet with each person individually and they all asked different questions so that was interesting to hear how everyone was looking for different skills/experience.

Interview Questions

• Help me understanding tracking error and how would you explain that to a client   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Very rigorous process. Three behavioral interviews, three case interviews, and a lunch. With this group, best to have informational interviews in advance to get to know the people. Hiring decisions were made collectively by the group of interviewers. Tough interview process, not what you'd typically expect for HR consulting.

Interview Questions

• Technical case about human capital related issues and strategy.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

After a few weeks of applying, I had an initial phone interview and then was contacted a few weeks later to come into the office. There were about 5 other candidates and each of us were placed in a room and had 5-6 different one-on-one interviews, ranging from senior level to analysts.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were the typical interview questions: "Describe a time you encountered a conflict. What is your greatest achievement."   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Great experience. Had 3 phone interviews, mostly behavioral questions and probing into my resume and trying to find out everything I have done.

Interview with 5 different staff members, lots of questions based on my resume, and lost of scenario based questions were asked.

Negotiation

None, it was non negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercer (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

1st round interviews consist of 1 behavioral and 1 case.The interviewer was very chill, and just wanted to ask more about you.