Mercer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercer (Morristown, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Unable to offer when I first interviewed . To interview it was quick after submission. People were very nice and professional. I was able to interview with all levels including my own peers.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions, off your resume, and knowledge of the field   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mercer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I initially applied online and heard back from an internal recruiter about two weeks later to set up a phone screen. After the initial phone screen with the recruiter, I had a few more phone interviews with various employees (associate --> partner) and then was invited to a half day of interviews with four people from the practice in the NYC office (Sr. Associate --> Sr. Partner). I received an official offer a few days after the in-person interviews.

Overall, the process was very straightforward. One interviewer went really in-depth with one of my previous work experiences, so make sure you're familiar with your resume and can speak to specific examples of how your past work relates to the role you're interviewing for. All the standard questions were there:

Behavioral questions (Tell me about a time when...)
    Strengths & weaknesses
    Walk me through your resume
    Why Mercer?

Additionally, I worked through a (what I'm calling) mini case with one of my interviewers. It wasn't a full case study, but I was presented with some internal labor market data and asked to walk through my thought process about what I was seeing, what it could mean, what other data I would want to see in conjunction with it, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

The entire hiring process took about 2 months from 1st round interview, 2nd round interview (phone) to the final onsite. Yet the hiring manager said it would take 3-4 weeks for the result to come out, I checked upon around that time, got the reply `` maybe another 3-4 weeks", that's the whole email. no hi, no thank you, then completely no hearing-back. Definitely one of the worst interview experience I have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

This was through campus recruiting. First round interview was 1 behavioral and 1 case. Behavioral was very conversational, interviewer posed hypothetical situations and asked for responses, nothing like "tell me about a time when..." Second Round included 2 behavioral, 2 cases, and 1 project walk through. Behaviorials was heavy on personal story. 1 technical case very finance heavy, other case higher level strategy. Most cases revolve around healthcare.

Interview Questions

• Technical case revolved entirely around finance concepts: capm, wacc, cost of capital/debt, beta, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

Initial phone screening with a HR rep who asked very basic questions around my interest and experience. Within week, I was asked to come in for a in-person interviews with 5-6 employees. Behavioral and case study questions were asked. The hiring manager got back to me in a few weeks to let me know that I got job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercer (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone (30 min) inc. basic behavioral questions that aims to understand what type of person you are & how well you can communicate. "Walk me through your resume" so be concise and be prepared to tell them what you did and the results you achieved.
    Final In-Person: Spoke w/5 people who did 1:1 with me. Great office culture & team environment. Each interviewer comes to you versus you having to go around from person to person. Be prepared for a case study on the company's line of work, strategy case study and emphasize WHY you want to work for Mercer (this came up over & over again). Overall, really intelligent group of people who want to make sure you want MMC and aren't considering them as 2nd choice. Ask smart questions, so be sure to read their published books.

Interview Questions

• Based on these charts on executive compensation, what is the recommendation you'd make to the firm?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Typically Mercer uses case studies for Analyst and Associate hires, but I didn't have to do this because I came from one of their clients

Interview Questions

• I assume case study questions are harder than anything I had to answer. The hardest questions I was asked were related to my specific excel abilities   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mercer in April 2012.

Interview

My first round was telephonic followed by HR round then 2 technical rounds, and finally the Client round.The entire porocess took abount a month or so . My both technical rounds did not take place on the same day . I was informed later by the consultant that It was positive .

Interview Questions

• 1)Sql questions 2)session management in asp.net 3) generics 4) oops concepts 5) agile 6) wcf   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercer in February 2010.

Interview

The firm only asked you form predetermined questions. Very easy, but not a good way to get to know their candidates.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to reasearch something   Answer Question