Mercer Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Health Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews- one video interview and one on-site interview. Pretty straightforward as comparison to other consulting firms. The HR team is really responsive and gets back to you in a really efficient manner.

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Very informative, it really helps you understand the structure of the company and how to be successful. Mercers interview process was extremely helpful when sitting down with the 5 panelist and current employee in that specific role, it helped to answer any questions and curved any doubt I originally had about the duties of the role and how to be sucessful.

Interview Questions

• Sales process its very important to have an action plan   Answer Question

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

After applying I was asked to complete an online interview with prerecorded questions. I was then contacted to visit the Atlanta office for a second interview. The interview took about 4 hours. I was contacted with an offer later that day.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my prior experience, knowledge of the company, and future goals.   Answer Question

Talent Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Resume drop with recruiters at a university job fair.
    Video interview including behavioral and case questions.
    Six short in-person interviews at the office that were mostly behavioral.
    The whole process probably took about a month.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite class you have taken so far and why?   Answer Question

Health and Benefits Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Took place over approximately 4+ weeks.

Met recruiter at a career fair which led to a video interview and finally an in office interview towards the end of the semester

Interviewed with 3 senior consultants.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of having to meet a deadline and potentially not meeting it   Answer Question

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Very long, multiple people to meet individually. Same questions each time. It would have been easier to meet everyone at the same time. Was helpful to meet with individuals in the same position to compare details of position

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mercer?
      Describe what you are doing now?
      Are you familiar with how Mercer works?
      Can you work across teams?   Answer Question

Marketplace Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview with a recruiter. It was just basic behavioral and situational questions. The second round was also the final round. It was in the office. I met with 3 separate people. All of whom I work with now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your manager/supervisor   Answer Question

Mercer Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your offer!

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume online. I received a call 3 months after submitting resume from a recruiter that appeared not be interested in me or my questions. I assumed I was not a good candidate for the role. One week later I received another call from a different Recruiter that received my resume from the original Recruiter. Had a telephone interview with a recruiter and a couple weeks later with one of the Principals. The telephone interview with the Principal was great and provided a lot of details about the role and the company. A month later I was scheduled for a 4 hour interview with potential peers and managers. I was placed in a conference room with a bottle of water and each individual was scheduled 30 minutes each. My preference would be a panel as they all asked basically the same questions. Most questions were behavioral questions and reviewing my resume. After meeting with the first four individuals I was mentally exhausted and felt the questions were repetitive. One of the consultants made a statement that let me know I would not be interested in the positon. She stated: “I will be honest with you, this role will do the “grunt” work. You will be doing tasks that no one else want to do.” I am not sure if she wanted to see my reaction or not interested in me working on her team. I do not feel that was a good piece of information to share with a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...? Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this role? Tell me about yourself? What made you apply for this role?   Answer Question

Talent Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

The lower level employees, who interviewed me were extremely knowledgeable, helpful and seemed to have a genuine interest in getting to know me. The executive, who interviewed did not even bring a pen to take notes. She did not even glance over my resume before sitting down for the interview.

Interview Questions

• The difficult part was not the questions, but my inability to connect with the executive conducting my last interview. She seemed so uninterested that I left unsure of why I ever had an interview to begin with.   1 Answer

Talent Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

I initially applied through Mercer's career page online as a college hire after being invited to an information session at their office. After applying, I received a call 2 months later asking me to come in for an interview. The on-site interview was 2 hours long, with four 30 minute behavioral interviews. Most questions revolved around my resume (education, how my previous experience relates to the job, etc.). One interviewer asked me common behavioral questions (tell me about a time when ...). I received a call two days later to take the writing test (I believe this is mainly for the communication practice). The test took me the entire 3 hours and it was very exhaustive.

Interview Questions

• No truly difficult questions. They are trying to figure out if you're a good fit for their organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They met my requested salary range. Not much negotiation needed since this was my top choice.