Mercer Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.9

Health and Benefits Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Took place over approximately 4+ weeks.

Met recruiter at a career fair which led to a video interview and finally an in office interview towards the end of the semester

Interviewed with 3 senior consultants.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of having to meet a deadline and potentially not meeting it   Answer Question

Marketplace Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview with a recruiter. It was just basic behavioral and situational questions. The second round was also the final round. It was in the office. I met with 3 separate people. All of whom I work with now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your manager/supervisor   Answer Question

Mercer Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your offer!

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume online. I received a call 3 months after submitting resume from a recruiter that appeared not be interested in me or my questions. I assumed I was not a good candidate for the role. One week later I received another call from a different Recruiter that received my resume from the original Recruiter. Had a telephone interview with a recruiter and a couple weeks later with one of the Principals. The telephone interview with the Principal was great and provided a lot of details about the role and the company. A month later I was scheduled for a 4 hour interview with potential peers and managers. I was placed in a conference room with a bottle of water and each individual was scheduled 30 minutes each. My preference would be a panel as they all asked basically the same questions. Most questions were behavioral questions and reviewing my resume. After meeting with the first four individuals I was mentally exhausted and felt the questions were repetitive. One of the consultants made a statement that let me know I would not be interested in the positon. She stated: “I will be honest with you, this role will do the “grunt” work. You will be doing tasks that no one else want to do.” I am not sure if she wanted to see my reaction or not interested in me working on her team. I do not feel that was a good piece of information to share with a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...? Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this role? Tell me about yourself? What made you apply for this role?   Answer Question

Talent Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

The lower level employees, who interviewed me were extremely knowledgeable, helpful and seemed to have a genuine interest in getting to know me. The executive, who interviewed did not even bring a pen to take notes. She did not even glance over my resume before sitting down for the interview.

Interview Questions

• The difficult part was not the questions, but my inability to connect with the executive conducting my last interview. She seemed so uninterested that I left unsure of why I ever had an interview to begin with.   1 Answer

Talent Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

I initially applied through Mercer's career page online as a college hire after being invited to an information session at their office. After applying, I received a call 2 months later asking me to come in for an interview. The on-site interview was 2 hours long, with four 30 minute behavioral interviews. Most questions revolved around my resume (education, how my previous experience relates to the job, etc.). One interviewer asked me common behavioral questions (tell me about a time when ...). I received a call two days later to take the writing test (I believe this is mainly for the communication practice). The test took me the entire 3 hours and it was very exhaustive.

Interview Questions

• No truly difficult questions. They are trying to figure out if you're a good fit for their organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They met my requested salary range. Not much negotiation needed since this was my top choice.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Lengthy process. Much vetting. They like to expose you to a wide array of people. Quite picky on hires. Had to present to a small panel and get feedback - kind of like business school followed by a focus group. Pretty collegial though - not as stressful as it may sound. Also, had to meet potential subordinates that may have to report into me. Thought that was a nice step and made sense.

Interview Questions

• Describe an internal hurdle at your last company and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Senior Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

One preliminary interview - either on campus or over the phone. Those who make it past that round are called into an office interview with only a few others.

Interview Questions

• No questions seemed unexpected at all, fairly typical interview. I did not encounter any specific questions like "solve this problem" "do this in excel" or "craft a response to this business case"   Answer Question

Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

Have lunch with partner, come back for a round of four separate interviews...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Worked with internal recruiter on negotiating salary...

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

Initial phone screening with a HR rep who asked very basic questions around my interest and experience. Within week, I was asked to come in for a in-person interviews with 5-6 employees. Behavioral and case study questions were asked. The hiring manager got back to me in a few weeks to let me know that I got job.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

Real easy, met with two people and got an offer within two days

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mercer?   1 Answer
    • How soon can you start?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the first offer they gave, but have heard about other employees negotiating a higher salary