Mercer Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.9

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Excellent interview. Very well presented and even had someone else in the room to spectate and ask any other questions for the possible candidate. Very smooth and very thorough interview for a company as big as this.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you dealt with a difficult customer and how you dealt with the situation?   1 Answer
    • How well are you with dealing with customers?   1 Answer

Benefit Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I went to a job fair in their Norwood, MA location. After an initial screening of my resume and qualifications, I was told about the position and the benefits that are included with the company. After I was taken then to be interviewed by someone in HR. It was a very good interview, the questions were very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a customer service role in the past?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview process. Initially spoke with recruiter by phone about current position what type of role I was interested in. Recruiter scheduled in person interviews with a few hiring managers and was provided an offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes you a strong candidate and what is something that you feel you will be able to contribute to if hired for the role?   Answer Question

Pension Data Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Originally applied online and had a phone interview near the end of January. As I have since been told, the hiring process can move a bit slow at Mercer. I contacted them near the end of February as I had received another offer but wanted to know if I was still a candidate. After a few more phone interviews I was brought in for a couple in person interviews with the team. Things went well and an offer was made. They made sure to move quickly as I mentioned that I was pressed for time due to having another offer on the table. Everyone I talked with was very friendly and informative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

1 30 minute phone interview, followed by an in-office, 4-30 minute interview session with 2 employees per session. Mostly Senior Client Services Analysts or Team Leads or Managers of the dept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview before being asked to come to the Norwood office. I interviewed with four different groups of people. It was about two hours long. Questions were not too bad but they kept asking for further explanation. I interviewed in January and am STILL waiting for a response. I spoke to the recruiter a month after the interview and they said they would get back to be in the next couple weeks.. I still have not gotten back to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the position and next day got an email from a recruiter for a HireVue interview. This interview process is online or viamobile app. Questions appear on screen and you have 30 seconds to review/think about the question, and then have 3 minutes to record your answer. You can take a break between each interview question and do the interview whenever you would like. Application allows for you to do practice questions before launching actual interview as well. Did interview over the weekend and heard back on Tuesday requesting on-site interviews that will be scheduled next week.

Interview Questions

• What is your Excel knowledge from 1-10, and what are some of the functions you use? What is your SQL knowledge 1-10? How well do you know MS Access?   Answer Question
    • What are some of your strengths? What is an area you can improve upon? (weaknesses)   Answer Question
    • Text box asking what desired salary is.   Answer Question
    • What makes you interested in this role and Mercer?   Answer Question
    • What are your current responsibilities at work and why do you want to leave?   Answer Question

Mercer Response

Nov 20, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback on our digital interview process. I am glad to hear that it was a positive experience for you. Good luck in your next rounds!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very Lengthy but was organized through HR which was in a different location so there was a lot of back and forth. Had to meet with a number of people but team was collegial and professional. Had to meet with each person individually and they all asked different questions so that was interesting to hear how everyone was looking for different skills/experience.

Interview Questions

• Help me understanding tracking error and how would you explain that to a client   1 Answer

Implementation Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Since the hiring managers were from another site the interview was conducted 100% over the phone. I never met the hiring managers face to face. I actually interviewed for three different managers within implementation services as there were three different departments hiring for the same position. Two were very technical positions and wanted someone with a deep level of system knowledge and one was more process knowledge. Since these roles were very different it would have been a better interview process to separate these roles rather than lumping them all into one category.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience with benefit administration.   1 Answer
    • What is your skill level with Microsoft Office products?   Answer Question
    • What is your skill level sql, the Oracle program Data Integrator, writing java script and xml code?   Answer Question

Mercer Response

Jan 29, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Great feedback that I will pass on to the team. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was lacking in substance. Everything was delayed and took longer than they said it would. There were good people there however. They interviewed in sets of 2 and asked good questions. They took weeks to get back to me at many different points throughout the process. I got the interview through my university.