Mercer Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.7

IT Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with both my immediate manager and one level up as well as a peer. The process was well organized and allowed me to ask a lot of questions. It was very give and take.

Interview Questions

Mercer Response

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your positive experience.

Senior Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I filled out the application online after finding the job posting on their company site in late October, completed a digital interview in early November, spoke with a talent specialist on the phone after that, then had a lunch interview in late November and a final, round-robin style interview in mid December. The digital interview was a bit intimidating since I've never done one before, but the app gives plenty of practice time to get used to recording yourself answering questions. Overall, the process was very positive.

Interview Questions

• What is something different you can bring to Mercer based upon your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Talent Consulting Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

three step process. Started with a video interview where you get a series of prompts and then record a video of yourself responding to them. It was pretty awkward talking to a webcam, but I think most people make it through. Next was an on campus 30-minute case interview. The case was HR related so make sure you know some terms for that. Finally, there's a superday. I did mine in chicago, and it breaks down into one 20-minute quantitative test, 4 behavioral interviews, and 1 case study. The Case wasn't that bad, they just give you a packet of information and have you look it over for 15 minutes then make a recommendation. The test questions were not bad at all but there's too many to finish in 20 minutes, and then the behavioral interviews were a lot of "tell me a time when..."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you got into a disagreement with a superior on your team   Answer Question

Health & Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. The next day I received an invitation to submit a video interview. Completed that and about a week later I got a call from HR saying they wanted to set up a lunch or coffee interview. 2 weeks later I had lunch with a principal consultant. Interview went well and after a week I followed up with HR. HR left a message saying they wanted to bring me in for a coffee interview with another analyst. Unfortunately, the day before my interview I pulled a muscle and was forced to work from home. I emailed the contacts in the Chicago office and explained my situation, apologized, and asked to re-schedule for the following week. TWO WEEKS LATER I finally heard back from the admin assistant and we re-scheduled my interview for another week out. The day of, 2 hours before my interview, I received a VM from the admin saying she found out they had filled all the positions and they would not be moving forward with any more interviews. I was disappointed in the way the entire process was handled. The majority of my communication with anyone at Mercer was with the admin assistant, not HR. I thought it was very unprofessional that HR was not more involved throughout, but mostly that they were not the ones to contact me about the hiring update. It was a very long process just to end the way that it did.

Human Capital Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks long. Two rounds for interview - first round consisted of two interviews, one behavioral and the other case. The case was fairly simple, it was interviewer-led and I was handed two charts to analyze and provide insight on. The second round was four hours long at the actual branch consisting of 6 interviews. 4 were behavioral and then there were two cases - one technical and one business. Overall, a pretty smooth process - everyone was very cordial and welcoming and I did not feel stressed at all.

Health & Benefits Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercer (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus interview and then there is a "super day" where you go to an office and have 3-4 interviews with questions that are both technical and behavioral. Overall, standard interview.

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

Applied in June and didn't hear anything. Applied again in September and got a c/b about 2wks later to schedule an in person interview. Interviewed w/4ppl, 2 separately with the last 2ppl sitting in together. Interview was very comfortable. I was asked general/fairly easy questions about systems I had used and about my experience. The interviewers talked about half the time answering my questions in great detail.

Interview Questions

Mercer Response

Oct 30, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your offer and Welcome to Mercer! Thank you for your feedback on the interview process. We strive to provide an excellent candidate experience to all our candidates and this ... More

Mercer Marketplace Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Had first round 30 minute on campus interview on a Monday. Mostly conversational/informational with a couple standard questions. Had a great experience and it was really laid back. Got an email Friday I was invited to superday at the office the following Friday. At superday had 6 back to back interviews then lunch with the other candidates and younger analysts. Got an email the following Monday saying I got an offer which I will be accepting. All the interviews were really laid back only a few behavioral questions here and there but everything else was just completely conversational. I could they were really looking for a personality match and I actually enjoyed myself in the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Mercer
      Why Health & Benefits
      Some standard behavioral questions--working in teams, etc.
      Biggest accomplishment & biggest challenge from past internship
      Answer Question

Nov 13, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your offer and welcome to Mercer!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

First round interview with one person on campus, then final round a few weeks later at office. Questions were all behavioral, no technical questions. Nothing too unexpected. Just prepare beforehand and you will be fine

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online (after never getting past the initial resume screening process for 20 previous positions) and finally got an email inquiring if I was available for a phone interview. The first woman I interviewed with was professional and polite. The next phone interview I had with a woman on the East Coast, well she was rude and cut me off often. I've applied to Mercer (per my submission page) at least 30 times and clearly they have no interest in hiring outside the company, I'm grateful for AON and Mesirow who at least give in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had a difficult client and what you did improve the relationship   Answer Question

Feb 26, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear about your experience. We would like everyone involved in the interview process to treat our candidates with respect. Thank you for providing the feedback so that we can try to ... More