Mercer Client Services Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercer Client Services Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Mercer

2.4

Client Service Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer in June 2013.

Interview

Initially communicated with recruiter and set up an interview. I interviewed with three different teams in one day. I heard back a few weeks later and was offered the position

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest regret so far career or schooling wise?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate salary - good starting base pay and benefits

Other Interview Reviews for Mercer

Client Service Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

This was a long process that started in March and I received the offer in late May of that year. Interviewing with Mercer requires great patience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was good and right in line with the expectation I had set.

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by 1-2 people (senior CSA, TL, manager, etc.) in the dept. from 3 teams who were looking to hire a new CSA. They mostly asked the same questions about my background and why I was looking to be a CSA at Mercer.

Interview Questions

• * Describe a time you made a mistake and how the situation was resolved.
      * How would you react if you were on a client call and the client was angry or yelling?
      * Do you work better individually or as part of team? Why?
      * What about Mercer made you apply for this position?   Answer Question

Client Service Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Was asked to participate in the initial Hirevue Webcam Interview. It seems to me to be nothing more than a screen test. A quick way to eliminate people based on superficial traits without wasting the time of anyone at the company. I can think of no other purpose for it. And here is a question I would have for any company doing this. Would you put your best sales person in front of a camera and have them answer canned questions about your services or products in an attempt to sell them?

If the answer is no, how would they expect candidates to sell themselves using such a format? It's the same thing.

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

It was brief i was an internal candidate. The manager who interviewed me talk a lot about herself her book of business. She was mostly concerned with bodies and the ability to be there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA).

Interview

Step 1: Online video interview. It was a skype-esque setup in a location of my choosing (I was just in my bedroom, dressed up of course) and I log into a server where a question would appear and then give me 30 seconds to prepare, and then the video answer would begin to record. I would press a finish option on the screen when I was done with the interview.

Step 2: I was invited for an in person interview with three rounds of people. It began with 3 people of assorted hierarchies within the department I was interviewing for, then 2 more people, and then a third wave of 2 interviewers that were closer to recent college grads and a younger crowd.

Note:

I applied for several positions with similar sounding titles and wasnt even sure what the position was when I interviewed. I also didn't do as in depth of a check on the people interviewing me.

Tips to people interviewing here or anywhereL
    -bust out the pen and pad
    -take the time before hand to review what the position youre going to be interviewing for and the company itself. its ok to not be perfectly knowledgable of the position or company as they wouldnt expect a college grad to know exactly what the position entails, but the more you know about the company and at least what the position deals with the better it looks.
    -take the time to go through linkedin and some google searches to find out about your interviewers. they tell you their names on purpose to instigate this kind of behavior. in my experience, i found it helpful to write out the names, schools and titles of each person and then some other noteworthy topics. once you bring up that one little random thing about them, or ask them how they got into that first job they had listed on linkedin, thats a good sign that you came prepared.

I am now employed, however I regret that when interviewing for Mercer I wasnt as prepared. Who knows what my future would have been had I been prepared! Do your homework!

Interview Questions

• Talk about your internship.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

The local hiring manager reached out to me after coming across my online resume (Monster, I believe).

There was an initial phone interview: It covered the basics of my educational/work background. It seemed to be a get-to-know-you rather than an intense confrontation. It was pleasant, after which the determination was made that I should come in and sit for 1:1 interviews.

1:1 Interviews - I came in the next week for my interviews. I was pleasantly guided to a conference room where the interviews took place. 3 different interviewers, one at a time, 30 minute interviews each. The interviews were 75-100% Behavioral. This is your chance to ask questions, and you should. Ask for rundown of the day-to-day activities and taskings of a CSA at Mercer.

After this session, an offer was extended less than a week later. I accepted. .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you didn't get along with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a challenge you had to overcome, and how you resolved the situation?   Answer Question
    • Describe your teaching process?   Answer Question

Negotiation

**You can/should try to negotiate if you have any kind of a leg to stand on that enables you to do so (past experiences, amazing qualifications), you could potentially secure an extra week of annual vacation, and a small bump in starting base salary. It's worth the risk.

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Deerfield, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

Phone screen, onsite interview with multiple managers

Interview Questions

• What you like least about other employers and dealing with difficult situations   1 Answer

Negotiation

for entry level position just accepted offer

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

One phone interview and then an in-office interview with groups of two or three managers over several hours. Very laid back interview process. They really just want to get to know you and see if you would be a good fit for their team.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked questions designed to get to know you. No logic questions or anything really difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was lacking in substance. Everything was delayed and took longer than they said it would. There were good people there however. They interviewed in sets of 2 and asked good questions. They took weeks to get back to me at many different points throughout the process. I got the interview through my university.