Mercer Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercer Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2016

2.8

Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone interview led by HR, then proceeded to interviews with consultants. A lot of behavioral questions that was pretty straight forward. When you get the final round be prepared to do a case study on the sector or industry you are applying for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mercer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Sent in by head hunter and interviewed in both 1 on 1 and group setting with team leaders. Reviewed structure of organization (always evolving) and reviewed my qualifications. Nice people though not entirely engaged in the conversation. No difficult questions or testing of knowledge of industry.

Interview Questions

• How do you think that the skills and knowledge you have gained in your career will translate into success here?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Zürich (Switzerland)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview started with a short company presentation given by the HR representative followed by CV related questions. Throughout the interview there was a very friendly and professional atmosphere. I’ve always had the impression that the interviewer showed a genuine interest in me as a person and was really interested in hiring me. Overall an excellent interview experience.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Five rounds of interviews, including questions on core concepts of HR, group discussion, pannel discussion, written round etc. Also had an extempore speaking round introduced. The process was lengthy but not very difficult. It took a lot of time for the same to end.

Consultant Interview

Interview

We met for a "Super Saturday" interview process. We met with 8 people that day and rotated through all the interviews. Each interview was different - case study interview, excel interview, past performance / behavioral interview, an interview for us to ask questions of Mercer and an interview to learn more about the company.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Bangkok (Thailand)) in November 2010.

Interview

Nothing particular...2 interviews, one with PM and one with project team

Negotiation

There was none. I was looking forward to get a job

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercer in May 2010.

Interview

Scenario questions include:
    Describe your experience of overcoming an obstacle.
    Describe your experience of encountering a sudden change.

General questions include:
    Are you considering further education?
    Where do u see yourself in a team?

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in August 2012.

Interview

Telefoninterview gefolgt von zwei Interviewrunden an zwei verschiedenen Standorten in Deutschland, dazu zwei vor Ort auszuführende Arbeitspakete. Die Interviewrunden waren sehr offen und sympathisch. Die Arbeitspakete waren ein Auszug aus dem späteren Doing in dem Bereich, keine klassischen "Berater-Cases" à la "Wieviel Golfbälle passen in einen VW-Golf." Das fand ich sehr positiv, Letztere können ja häufig schlicht auswendig bzw. vorbereitet werden und haben damit im Grunde kaum Aussagekraft. Zusätzlich wurden ein paar fachliche Basics aus dem Bereich abgefragt.

Interview Questions

• Es wurden fachbezogene Fragen gestellt, ohne "Hintertürchen" oder "Fallen", die jeder beantworten können sollte, der in dem Bereich arbeiten möchte.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Es gab wenig Verhandlungsspielraum