Mercer Health & Benefits Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercer Health & Benefits Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.8

Health and Benefits Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer Health & Benefits.

Interview

Really difficult process from start to finish. Recruiter was not helpful and often didn't respond to emails or phone calls. It took a very long time to set up interviews and I'd have to send multiple requests to confirm dates and times. I heard at 3:30 on a Friday that I had an interview on Monday. When I met with the people I was interviewing with, none of them were in the role or were doing the role I was interviewing for. There also were 6 interviews in 3 hours so there was a lot of cramming with a lot of people who hadn't bothered to read my resume. The worst was the comment about loyalty-that because I've had 4 jobs since I graduated college over 15 years ago, I wasn't loyal and wasn't deserving of this opportunity. Very disappointing process from start to finish-probably the worst interview process I've ever gone through.

Health & Benefits Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer Health & Benefits.

Interview

I was told to complete a video interview within 48 hours. The questions were not that hard, but the structure of the interview is intimidating. It was a series of 8 questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the implications of making parking meters in LA free for one week?   Answer Question

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer Health & Benefits (Des Moines, IA) in July 2016.

Interview

1st interview was a recruiter interview, couldn't tell much about the company as an employee. 2nd interview was fairly simple but reserved and standoffish. HR would be in contact within a few days, ended up taking 2 weeks to hear anything.

Interview Questions

• If was currently employed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

stressful, was told would hear from them in a few days and then heard nothing for a week. HR didn't return calls, after being requested to contact HR.

Health and Benefits Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer Health & Benefits in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was brief because the position was relatively new to the company. The Interviewer was nice and easy going, but he did not share much information about the position and or what it entailed. We went over the resume and he asked about relevant experiences. After that, straight to questions. Overall, an easy interview, but come prepared to express your interest to this particular position because it is pretty new relative to the other intern positions available.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer Health & Benefits.

Interview

The interview process was not too hard. Usually if you're a target school, they'll first interview you at your school, and if you make it to the next round, you'll meet with 4-5 consultants. You'll have a 30 minute interview with each of them. Just know why you want to work for Mercer and what you want to get out of the experience. Other than that, prepare for it like you would any other interview, and you'll do great.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked was why you wanted to work for Mercer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercer Health & Benefits (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

They just asked basic questions about my resume and told me about the job. They were all very nice and kept the interview casual. I met with seven employees, and only one principal.

Client Service Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer Health & Benefits (Norwood, MA).

Interview

The first interview was cancelled the morning of, with no excuse. The makeup interview was quite boring with two people that seemed to be quite below my experience level. They had nothing to say except specific keywords about their job. They didnt like what I said so they passed me off to another recruiter to interview for this lower level position. On Interview two, the first interviewer had no idea that I had interviewed for a higher position, so they didnt care about me basically. At least three of the interviewers were sky high and didnt really have any good things to make me want to work there. One interviewer said she has been there the longest, currently, 1 year. Everyone acted as if they were looking at my resume and didnt prepare at all. Of the 8 people that I was supposed to interview with, 5 showed up.

Interview Questions

• Ranging from tell me about your history to awkward silence.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mercer Health & Benefits (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It started with an on campus interview that was mostly about company fit. 10 days later I had my super day in Chicago. That consisted of a group lunch with two other students and two employees followed by four back to back 30 minute interviews with employees from the analyst level to senior leadership. The super day questions were mostly behavioral and about work experience and campus involvement.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my experience and basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer Health & Benefits (New Brunswick, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

i applied through college career website. the process took roughly around 3 weeks. my interviewer was very polite and nice. he made me feel comfortable and the whole interview was more like a conversation. mostly behaviorial questions. know the company and a little bit about their services. the interviewer asked me a lot of questions about my past work experiences. it was a good conversational interview. if selected for the next round they call you to their office and there is another interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about mercer?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer Health & Benefits (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Went smoothly. Did one 30 minutes interview with two people. One was from the Dallas office one was from the Houston office. Was asked standard behavioral questions. Heard back within two weeks. Very professional. Very open about answering any questions.