Mercer Human Capital Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercer Human Capital Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2017

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It started off well. I had a recruiter contact me for the position and she followed up with an email link to do a video interview. The next week I heard back from the coordinator to set up an hour phone interview with two members of my team. I was given a conference line and dialed in 5 minutes before I was scheduled. I waited at least 15 for the interviewer to dial in before I sent an email to the coordinator. The coordinator responded to me that the 1st interviewer had an "emergency" and could not make the call and to wait for the 2nd interviewer. I wish I had known this ahead of time. But I spoke with the second interviewer on time and it went pretty well I'm assuming. The coordinator then reached back out to me to reschedule the interview that the first interviewer missed. So the day comes for me to interview with the other interviewer and guess what... she arrives late for that interview as well! At this point I questioned if I even wanted to work for this company because of just the unprofessionalism. Very disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mercer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied through university website. Was selected for an interview the following week. It was a face to face interview for 30 minutes. The interviewer was very nice and respectful. The interview itself was pretty easy, mostly behavioral with a few brainteasers and mini case questions. He was really interested in seeing how I described my thought process rather than if I came up with the exact answer he had come up with.

Interview Questions

• How many coins could you lay end to end from here to your favorite restaurant?   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

It was half an hour of behavioral interview, followed by half an hour of case interview. The case interview was a business strategy case, it was not a human capital case. It was basically a market entry/ growth strategy case, not numerical more qualitative, although they asked me how I would approach the question if I had related numbers.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a time when I had to prioritize things to do and what I did. This questions is pretty difficult because technically all you can say is: I prioritized them, but they are asking you how.   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Behavioral and case interview about strategy and declining profits. Typical behavioral interview about group situations, personal strengths and weaknesses, resume experience. Very conversational. Case interview was a little tougher as the guy did not answer many questions when asked so you are essentially working with no information. Case interviewer was a little more unpleasant and did not pay attention the majority of the time.

Interview Questions

• Strategy case interview was about declining profits and revenue   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was asked all the usual questions. The person who interviewed me was very nice. he told me about his experience at Mercer. The first thing we did was to go over my resume and talk about my experience. A huge part of the interview was me asking questions. It seems that their strategy at least in that interview was to see how you can perform in asking questions that are relevant.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in November 2007.

Interview

The interview was done in 2 rounds. The first round was a personality test, basic questions to determine if you were the right fit. The second round consisted of an all day interview, with 1 case study and 2:1 interview. There was also a required evening social event at a restaurant in Midtown Manhattan. The case study was fairly straightforward, with a few graphs that needed to be used to analyze the question.

Interview Questions

• Describe the riskiest decision you've ever made   Answer Question
    • Describe a group project where you experienced some form of difficulty   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in April 2017.

Interview

This is for the Dubai office.

August 2016: a friend working at Mercer Dubai sent in my resume to Talent Management and Information Solutions department

October 2016: received LinkedIn invite from HR manager; later in the month: first interview with Principal of department - both agreed that it went very well.

After some following up with HR...

February 2017: HR manager told me that there will be a final round of interviews + excel exercise

April 2017: second interview with consultant; decision makers asked him to test my thinking process; missed some key steps but consultant assured me that he would write a great review for me. Went well overall

After some following up with HR...

Rejected! I was disappointed because the interviews went well. Even more disheartened and irritated because as an HR consulting firm that provides their clients with best practices Mercer Dubai should have been more considerate with their expectations and correspondance with candidates. Hypocritical that they led me on when their goal is to improve employees' morale and attrition rates.

Interview Questions

• First round with principal: personality, experience and FIT questions

Online personal test

Second and final round with consultant: business case study   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercer (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I attended a mingler where I was able to meet some of the representatives. Then two weeks later I received a 15-minute phone call.

What was difficult was that I wasn't notified about whether or not I advanced to the next round, until the day before the full interview. So I booked the time off and yet didn't receive the interview.

From a conversation I had with an employee of the company afterwards I suspect the phone interviews were done by a junior employee, who wasn't very knowledgeable. This more senior employee was surprised that I didn't advance to the next round but the position had already been filled.

Interview Questions

• What are the things that you like about Mercer?
      What do you think an average day would look like?   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mercer in May 2014.

Interview

Screening CV and 1:1 interview invitation via email
    The posting comes up on the website of target college and having a 1:1 40 min interview with director
    During the interview, interviewer may ask some questions like why did you choose mercer? walk me through your resume.
    In addition, tell about the previous internship experience and other school activities which is relevant with the position.
    The atmosphere of interview was alright but it was tough because the position number is only one.

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Interview

There are two interviews. The first one was more intense, it was about three-hour long followed by an Excel assessment. The first person I met was from HR, followed by staff from the department that was hiring. The Excel assessment was fairly easy for students come out from business school. The second-round interview was more relaxing as they picked two from the first-round and it was interviewing with partners.

Interview Questions

• They expect you to have some basic knowledge on proxy statement and the rest part was about fit.   Answer Question