Mercer India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercer India Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.1

Process Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mercer India (Noida (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied throught a consultant. First round was telephonic which was technical which was moderately difficult, details questions eelated to bonds, sharpe ratio , latest happening in US stock market and its impact and also other technical questions related to portfolio mgmt. overall very professional and best intervier. Second was held in office -Managerial round again one to judge candidates on various parameters.

Interview Questions

• How would you decide upto best mutual fund amongst all?
      Situatuonal questions.
      What is effective duration?
      Difference between MSCI ACWI and MSCI World index
      Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercer India (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

Interview process consist of 1 HR screening round, 1 written round, 1 telephonic round, 1 face to face, 1 client round. Questions asked are as published on various inteview sites mostly. In written round you will have sufficient time to attempt all the questions and revise your answers. In telephonic and F2F rounds similar quetions are asked.

Lead Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercer India (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

1. First round was a written test with questions from MS Excel, Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Mathematics at the time of my interview the criteria was of 65% marks.

2. Introduction round with HR and other candidates - You have to introduce yourself.

3. Manager round(s) - Number of rounds can vary, I had 4 rounds with different levels.

4. Final Round with HR. - Negotiation etc.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience, accomplishment and contribution to previous job profile   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mercer India in July 2015.

Interview

Before starting the interview, they give me a glimpse of what Mercer is, Mercer's history, their presence in worldwide, their dominance in industry, their revenue, top management of Mercer and Marsh&McLennan (the parent company of Mercer).
    Then the interview started with one HR round, followed by a test of 50 mins, then one more round (HR + technical round), after 2 rounds they ask me to meet their AVP for their final round in gurgaon office after two days, the final round goes for atleast 40 mins.

Interview Questions

• Common question for an experience candidate, why did you want to quit from your present company?   Answer Question
    • what is the best and worst thing about you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since the negotiation doesn't happen face to face, they have a procedure of having salary negotiations through emails, or you can say they do not negotiate, they will give you the best as per market standard (which is actually below standard what they offerd me, but since the brand name is nice and employee friendly culture in mercer, I accept it.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer India (New Delhi (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Two management rounds in India followed up with another management round with senior leader in USA

Hr round which is mainly for checking fitment into the organisation in terms of stability, ethics and salary.

Senior Software Engineer(SharePoint) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mercer India (Gurgaon, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted through Linked-In, by the company HR. Had 2 rounds of technical interview over phone and Skype. There was a mangerial round whch lasted for more than a hour. It was difficult answering some questions as I hadnot expected the difficulty level. Read throughly for the process.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical questions. Both interviews lasted for around 1 hour.   Answer Question

Interview

I had 3 sets of interviews. First was a telephonic one. Second and third were face to face with regional leaders. Basic questions and no discrimination at all. Very fair.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in case of an ethical dilemma at the workplace?   Answer Question

Interview Interview

Interview

There was a written test followed by interview....Interview was good and comfortable being my first interview, interview duration was around 30 minutes... It was mix of both HR questions and technical round related to actuarial exams.

Negotiation

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercer India (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

First is written test which have some basic syntax question and rest of all related to framework. And after that technical is conducted and then HR. if you are ready to accept all terms and conditions then you have more chances to be selected.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to leave previous company and and they are also looking for those kind of candidate who know most of the technologies   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer India.

Interview

What have you learned from your past jobs that related to HR training manager?

Interview Questions

• What is the most recent skill you have learned that related to your HR training manager position?   Answer Question