Mercer Actuary Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

96 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retirement Summer Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was a three phase process. First, I had a phone interview. Then, a video interview with premade questions. Last, a "superday" in New York at the main office with 5 different people all around 30 minutes each. Everyone was super nice and friendly from the moment you walk in. None of the questions were extremely technical or difficult. More behavioral style questions with the interviewers talking about some of their experiences as well. If you are prepared you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interest in actuarial work, particularly consulting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I met the recruiters at an on campus career fair and traded contact info with one of them.

A few weeks later I was contacted for a video interview. The video interview has questions that automatically queue up and you get an allotted amount of time to answer them.

I was a little thrown off for the first question because this was a new style of interviewing for me, but I got into the swing of it by the second and subsequent questions.

A couple weeks later I was contacted for an in-office interview. I live about 2 hours away from the office so I woke up the morning of and drove down. I was a little late but they were very understanding due to the nature of the drive. I was really impressed by the team and the building.

The interview was pretty laidback and consisted of 4 different interviews. They just wanted to get to know me and see if I was a good fit or not. I ended up getting the offer and was very pleased with the experience so I rescinded my other offer(s) and accepted theirs.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer in November 2016.

Interview

It was an interview process through a system called HireVue. It has pre set video questions, you have around 30 seconds - a few minutes to prepare (it is up to them how much time you are given). Then, you are recorded answering the question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercer (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

Applied through University Career Services, pretty simple interview on campus. Basic behavioral questions, such as, why actuary, why consulting, favorite class you've taken. Didn't get an offer because I didn't have any exams passed and I was a sophomore.

Retirement Service Center Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mercer (Louisville, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

From college recruiting I was invited to an interview weekend comprising of a cocktail party and a second day lunch. In the afternoon, I met with HR, an analyst, and two supervisors for the team, all individually. They were all very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions, a lot had to do with teamwork, only the HR guy asked typical "interview" questions. Conversational.   Answer Question

Retirement Summer Actuary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mercer (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus. Had an on campus interview. Had an on site interview a few weeks later. Was briefed, taken to lunch, then had a series of three interviews each with two actuaries of various rank in the company. Make sure you follow up after the interview!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercer (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I did not even really apply for the job. They got my resume through a resume book at a career fair. They had me come in for a on-site interview where I met with three groups of two people each. Most of the questions were behavioral, but they ask you some odd questions that make you think.

Interview Questions

• What one company would you want to consult for and why?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer in September 2016.

Interview

Video interview first where you respond to automatically prompted questions - entirely behavioral. Then an in person interview at the office where you meet with 4 or 5 people to talk more about yourself in terms of problem solving skills or past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Video interview contains questions like: introduce yourself. when have you struggled in a group project? when have you used Excel to accomplish a task?
      In person interview is more about past experiences, how you can contribute to the company, what your goals are and what kind of things you want to work on.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview over 2 sessions. Was originally to be a phone interview and then a final in person interview, but travel arrangement hiccups turned the second one into a phone interview as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle a problem with a coworker.   Answer Question

Retirement Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercer (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online through website.

Emailed 1.5 weeks later to set up a phone interview

Had phone interview a few days letter, overall a positive experience. Interviewed by associate and more experience employee, questions mainly asked by associate who was very friendly and personable. Felt comfortable throughout the interview.

Called two days later by interviewer letting me know they would be extending an offer and was emailed offer two more days later.

Interview Questions

Mercer Response

Feb 26, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your offer and welcome to Mercer!