Mercer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.9

Health Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews- one video interview and one on-site interview. Pretty straightforward as comparison to other consulting firms. The HR team is really responsive and gets back to you in a really efficient manner.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer in October 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, first round was on campus, second round was web-based. Interview process was very smooth and timely. Mostly asked about behavioral questions and a few technical questions. Interviewers are very friendly, overall a great experience.

Career Consulting Rewards Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I'm a bit disappointed with Mercer on this one. I applied through a university job board and was selected to interview on campus. I received an email from an HR rep inviting me and saying that I would receive an email about the interview itself beforehand, but I never did. I figured it was just copy that they forgot to delete and didn't worry about it. The interview itself wasn't particularly hard (behavioral, basic case), but the interviewers, who were friendly, didn't seem that prepared. They kept looking at each other while coming up with a case idea while I sat there for about half a minute. The case was simple (no problem there). I was then told that the same HR rep would reach out to me very soon.
    Here's the most unprofessional bit: in the original email Mercer wanted us to keep two days of our calendar virtually clear of other things so that if we were selected for a final round we could go to their office. This is understandable, but I waited for a response and kept trying to keep those days clear for a week after the interview. I never received a decision, reached out to the rep the day before the final rounds, and never got a response (much like how I didn't receive the promised email regarding the first interview). Normally I would say, "maybe they entered my email wrong," but I received the initial invitation. All-in-all my most negative experience with a company. I know they are "elite" but it didn't show here.

Executive Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on campus then proceed to the final round office visit. First round consisted of typical behavioral questions with a few brain teasers and the final round was more fit interviews with a 45 minute case interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked with a group and implemented a unique solution.   Answer Question

Senior Client Account Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to submit a video interview. The video interview was then forwarded to the hiring manager for review. I was then scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager and two department managers.

Interview Questions

• If employment is offered, what are the first three things you are going to do in your position?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The first round is one way video conference. The questions are timed. They can see you but you don't see anyone on the other side. it is important prepare in a way that you are ready to answer questions in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• If you have the wrong information on the presentation you are giving to clients, what do you do?   Answer Question

Health Actuary Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very nice interview process. Everyone was friendly and relaxed. They ask very generic personality and behavioral questions and really open up the interview to a great conversation about what it is like to work at the company. Come prepared with lots of questions about the work environment. Be friendly and be yourself and the interview will go nicely.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Louisville, KY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied beginning in the beginning of October 2017. The first round of the interview process was an on-campus one-on-one interview. The interview was pretty laid back and seemed more of a conversation that an interview.

I heard back the next day and was invited to an on-site interview. I live a couple hours away and Mercer provided a hotel and hosted a cocktail hour/dinner the night before to get to meet some of the staff. This was very relaxed and it was very beneficial to meet the staff in an non-office setting.

The on-site interview consisted of four 30 minute interviews and an hour lunch in-between interviews. Again the interviews were fairly relaxed and laid back. There were no odd questions that caught me off guard like some questions that companies ask.

Interview Questions

• Why Mercer?
      Why actuarial science?
      Will you be able to handle a 40+ hour work week?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

"he HireVue digital interview is a one way video interview that will take you approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. You will have a number of questions to answer. You will get 30 seconds and up to 2 minutes of prep time before recording begins for each answer. Once the prep time is over or as soon as you click begin, it will be begin recording and you will have up to 3 minutes to answer. You can stop recording your answer at any time if you have finished before the 3 minutes expires and move on to the next question. When you first log in, you will have the option to complete some practice questions to familiarize yourself with the tool. I suggest taking advantage of those practice questions to put yourself at ease. Do your best not to focus on the time and simply focusing on delivering a clear and concise answer."

Did not like this way of interviewing - probably a weed-out process
    Also took a excel aptitude test

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are a Mercer consultant and have 6 client accounts. You have deliverables due for all 6 of your clients during the same week. You have 5 days to get the assignments done, and you’re concerned you might not have enough time. What steps would you take to ensure you deliver on time?   Answer Question
    • Los Angeles has thousands of parking meters in the city. What would some impacts / consequences be if all of the meters were free for an entire week?   Answer Question
    • Describe what teamwork means to you. Share an example of a time when you were working in a team and you experienced a challenge with a team member. What was the challenge, how did you confront it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA).

Interview

Step 1: Online video interview. It was a skype-esque setup in a location of my choosing (I was just in my bedroom, dressed up of course) and I log into a server where a question would appear and then give me 30 seconds to prepare, and then the video answer would begin to record. I would press a finish option on the screen when I was done with the interview.

Step 2: I was invited for an in person interview with three rounds of people. It began with 3 people of assorted hierarchies within the department I was interviewing for, then 2 more people, and then a third wave of 2 interviewers that were closer to recent college grads and a younger crowd.

Note:

I applied for several positions with similar sounding titles and wasnt even sure what the position was when I interviewed. I also didn't do as in depth of a check on the people interviewing me.

Tips to people interviewing here or anywhereL
    -bust out the pen and pad
    -take the time before hand to review what the position youre going to be interviewing for and the company itself. its ok to not be perfectly knowledgable of the position or company as they wouldnt expect a college grad to know exactly what the position entails, but the more you know about the company and at least what the position deals with the better it looks.
    -take the time to go through linkedin and some google searches to find out about your interviewers. they tell you their names on purpose to instigate this kind of behavior. in my experience, i found it helpful to write out the names, schools and titles of each person and then some other noteworthy topics. once you bring up that one little random thing about them, or ask them how they got into that first job they had listed on linkedin, thats a good sign that you came prepared.

I am now employed, however I regret that when interviewing for Mercer I wasnt as prepared. Who knows what my future would have been had I been prepared! Do your homework!

Interview Questions

• Talk about your internship.   1 Answer