Mercer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.9

Benefits Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercer (Urbandale, IA) in April 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with a recruiter from Mercer, then another phone interview with a third party. The second interview was really awkward. The interviewer didn't know anything about the position, so I kind of ended up explaining it to him. Strange. Had an in person interview at the Urbandale location with two people, one of whom is a supervisor for he role I applied for. Both were very nice. I got a call from the recruiter later in the day with the job offer. I appreciate that the process wasn't tedious and drawn out.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is an appropriate number of absences per year?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in/qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (Urbandale, IA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up the interview for later that week. The interview itself went well and I was very pleased with the company and the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation I had to deal with a difficult caller.   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR manager in March and was told that the hiring team is moving pretty quickly and that it's only one round of interviews and asked me questions based on my resume/experience. I got scheduled to come in for an in-person interview a week later. I got asked questions based on a case study which went well and spoke to two individuals on the hiring team. I touched base with the HR manager the following day who said they wanted me to come in again and meet with two other individuals. I felt like I should have been told this from the start. I did go in the following week for an in-person. I had to keep reaching out to the HR manager and the coordinator to see when they are going to schedule the second-round and they took 4-5 days to get me a confirmation. After this second-round, I reached out to the HR manager once a week for the following three weeks. I was told that a decision has not been made yet and that I was still being considered. Eventually in mid-May, I was finally told that I did not get the position due to another candidate having a closer background. I felt there was a disconnect between HR and the hiring team throughout the interview process because HR did not seem to know why a decision was taking so long to be made and the HR process was not smooth.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked on any projects similar to what this role would be doing and do you have any examples?   Answer Question

Participant Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercer (Vernon Hills, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call to set up a in person interview about 2 weeks later. I had a 1 on 1 interview received offer the next day. The back ground process took several weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• name a time you and a coworker didn't agree on a project and how it was resolved?   Answer Question
    • what would your previous supervisor say about you?   Answer Question

Health & Benefits Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

HireVue online recorded interview- 8 questions with 30 seconds to 2 minutes to prepare and then 3 minutes to answer each question. Also got in-person interview for another position around the same time.

Interview Questions

• What are some implications if all the parking meters in LA are free for a day?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you used Excel for problem solving   1 Answer
    • Why Mercer?   Answer Question
    • You are in a client meeting and notice that something is incorrect on the presentation; how do you proceed?   Answer Question
    • You have 6 deliverables to finish with a tight deadline and you are not sure that you will be able to finish in time, how do you handle this?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Urbandale, IA).

Interview

Lasted 3 months. Phone interview with HR, in person situational interview with hiring manager and their boss. Then delay of 1-2 months before they finally contact you. Offer was low and they negotiated well. However, no room to move on vacation and the benefit is only 2
    Weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to fire an employee.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle managing a team who has a lot of animosity towards each other.   Answer Question

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Happy to hear that the process resulted in your joining the team. Welcome to Mercer!

Client Service Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Was asked to participate in the initial Hirevue Webcam Interview. It seems to me to be nothing more than a screen test. A quick way to eliminate people based on superficial traits without wasting the time of anyone at the company. I can think of no other purpose for it. And here is a question I would have for any company doing this. Would you put your best sales person in front of a camera and have them answer canned questions about your services or products in an attempt to sell them?

If the answer is no, how would they expect candidates to sell themselves using such a format? It's the same thing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercer in March 2017.

Interview

The process moved very quickly and efficiently. I met with the person that would be reporting to first. Over the next few weeks, I met with the remainder of the local/regional leadership team.

Interview Questions

• What intrigues you about joining Mercer and how do you think Mercer can help you with your client base?   Answer Question

Call Center Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercer (Urbandale, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

The entire process was very punctual. The company is a very easy going company. The recruiters are very helpful as well. The staff was energetic and uplifting. Overall, I believe that this was a very accomplishing thing in my life. I am very excited to see what the future has in store.

Interview Questions

Mercer Response

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your positive experience and Welcome to Mercer!

Senior Health & Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to complete a short online video interview with only a few questions. Then, I was invited to interview in the office two separate times. Each time, I met with several team members. Everyone was friendly and welcoming, upbeat, and excited to meet me. I felt that everyone was trying to get to know ME, rather than asking me to regurgitate the information in my application or on my resumé, and that they were also concerned with making sure I knew exactly what the company was like and that I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How do your personal values align with the values of the company?   Answer Question

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your feedback and happy to see that you have accepted your offer!