Mercer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2017

2.9

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (Urbandale, IA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted in the lunch room and was very professional. I've not been in the corporate world for many years, and can't say that I'm a big fan of the corporate environment. However, my attitude may have changed. I'm looking forward to starting with Mercer and hope to be there for a long time.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you knew you could not make it toe work on time?   1 Answer

Proposal Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Hoboken, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and seamless. I applied online and was contacted by the internal recruiter who shared very helpful information about the position and the company. Shortly following our conversation, a phone interview was scheduled with the head of the team. After a few additional conversations with members of the team, an offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• I was asked various questions about my previous experience as a proposal writer, processes I've followed and programs I've used.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

There was an initial online interview, where we answer a given set of questions - they use a website that records your video and audio. It's similar to a video call interview, but without the other person. A few weeks later, I interviewed on-site - met with employees of different positions within the Health & Benefits group. There was a short case study at the end of the interview. It was very practical and was a glimpse of what I would be doing in the position. I spoke to someone else at Mercer the week after, and received the offer call that same week. Everyone was friendly, easy to talk to, humble, and clearly knowledgeable about what they were talking about.

Interview Questions

Interview

Met with several senior leaders in Atlanta and New York. Went through the usual HR screening . The recruiter was good in communication and moving the process forward.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

First step required an online video recording which was a fairly easy process. Less than a week after, I was asked for a follow up interview over the phone. This phone interview included 4 30-minute interviews with different employees from the office I would be interning at. It was a quick and smooth experience.

Interview Questions

• What would be some effects of getting rid of parking meters in Los Angeles?   Answer Question

Benefit Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I went to a job fair in their Norwood, MA location. After an initial screening of my resume and qualifications, I was told about the position and the benefits that are included with the company. After I was taken then to be interviewed by someone in HR. It was a very good interview, the questions were very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a customer service role in the past?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mercer in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very personal and efficient. I found that the hiring manager and supporting team asked good questions about my experience and made it clear what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with handling tight deadlines and urgent client requests?   1 Answer

Benefits Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first interview was a video interview. It was self-explanatory with a series of different questions. My second interview was in person. Both managers were very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the strengths in which you've shown at your previous jobs?   1 Answer

Benefits Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercer (Urbandale, IA) in June 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview and a one on one interview. In the one on one interview was able to get a very good understanding of the culture and of some of the expectations for my position.

Interview Questions

• How would my retail experiences help me with being a good person for the position of benefits counselor.   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer in June 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position in Jan. Received a VideoVue video invite in May, recruiter scheduled a final in person interview for second week of June. Met with 4 different Mercer employees and had to complete a case study during the interview. Was told by the recruiter that I would hear back within 2 weeks but it has been over a month and I have not heard back. I have sent follow up emails to the recruiters which have gone unanswered. I've always believed that Mercer is a professional company but this past interview experience has definitely changed my opinion of them. I understand that if you don't hear back within a month after the last interview, you can just assume that you did not get the position and that rejection is part and parcel of interview processes. But in my years of interviewing, I have yet to experience a case where a recruiter would just go radio silent which is honestly very unprofessional and disrespectful especially when someone puts in the time and effort to show up for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience and how it fits in the position offered   Answer Question