Mercer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.9

Investment Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening with a recruiter. I was actually interviewed for the wrong position initially. The recruiter interviewed me for a Health and Benefits analyst. During the interview process it became clear i was better suited for the Investment Consulting position.

I was asked to come in and interview in person with the Investment Consulting Team. It was 2 panel interviews with team members and consultants, and then one interview with the team manager.

Interview process was straight forward, but the part that was disappointing was the poor recruiter i had. Two weeks after the interview i received an automated email telling me i had not received the position. Generally if you take the time to come in and interview in person, a phone call or personal email would be common courtesy. But then again considering the initial interaction I had with her, it seemed par for the course.

Interview Questions

• Standard tell me about yourself. Tell me about supporting team members above you.   Answer Question

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear that your experience with our recruiting team was disappointing. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to improve our candidate interactions moving forward.

Health and Benefits Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Took place over approximately 4+ weeks.

Met recruiter at a career fair which led to a video interview and finally an in office interview towards the end of the semester

Interviewed with 3 senior consultants.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of having to meet a deadline and potentially not meeting it   Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY).

Interview

I came in an acquisition so no employment interview. There was a rather intimidating round of meetings with various executives in which they were clearly evaluating each of us to decide if they wanted to keep us.

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer in September 2016.

Interview

Get to know you type of interview. Video screen, then had an interview with the team the position would be working with.

A lot of fit questions with some base logic tied in.

Third interview was with CFO, who was super cool.

Interview Questions

Mercer Response

Dec 19, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am happy to hear that you had a positive experience.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercer (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I did not even really apply for the job. They got my resume through a resume book at a career fair. They had me come in for a on-site interview where I met with three groups of two people each. Most of the questions were behavioral, but they ask you some odd questions that make you think.

Interview Questions

• What one company would you want to consult for and why?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer in August 2016.

Interview

Good. I interviewed with several people from the team who all had great things to say about the company. After my interviews, I received an offer in a timely manner. The onboarding process was long but very organized and many people were helpful.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone screen then a phone interview with the hiring manager. It was all very positive until the interview with the Social Strategist. My understanding of the role was that she would set strategy, this individual would implement. However all of her questions were suspiciously about what strategies I would use, and she even wrapped up saying she was taking notes. The whole process left me feeling that she was purposefully stealing my ideas and this wasn't a real interview. Sure enough, after a very positive interview, I didn't hear a word from anyone at Mercer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what strategy you would use to increase our social reach.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Went through rounds of interviews with several senior and mid level people I would be working with. They all seemed really nice and mentioned a lot of growth opportunities for analysts.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about the job you are currently at?   1 Answer

Jul 13, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am happy to hear that you had such a positive experience. Welcome aboard!

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Phone interview + in person interview. Straightforward reasonable questions. Worst part was filling out a job application online in which you are asked to enter EVERY SINGLE JOB YOU HAVE EVER HAD and what you were paid for it. Becomes ridiculous trying to remember what you made during your irrelevant high school job in the last century.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time a co-worker wasn't pulling his or her weight.   Answer Question

Health & Benefits Analyst Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Irvine, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Technical interview, just looking through a presentation and finding errors followed by 3 one on one interviews. Not a very difficult interview but tiresome. Seemed like they were nice people though, but of course they seemed to want someone who was in it for the long run.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years.   1 Answer