Mercer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.9

Health & Benefits Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

HireVue online recorded interview- 8 questions with 30 seconds to 2 minutes to prepare and then 3 minutes to answer each question. Also got in-person interview for another position around the same time.

Interview Questions

• What are some implications if all the parking meters in LA are free for a day?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you used Excel for problem solving   1 Answer
    • Why Mercer?   Answer Question
    • You are in a client meeting and notice that something is incorrect on the presentation; how do you proceed?   Answer Question
    • You have 6 deliverables to finish with a tight deadline and you are not sure that you will be able to finish in time, how do you handle this?   Answer Question

Client Service Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Was asked to participate in the initial Hirevue Webcam Interview. It seems to me to be nothing more than a screen test. A quick way to eliminate people based on superficial traits without wasting the time of anyone at the company. I can think of no other purpose for it. And here is a question I would have for any company doing this. Would you put your best sales person in front of a camera and have them answer canned questions about your services or products in an attempt to sell them?

If the answer is no, how would they expect candidates to sell themselves using such a format? It's the same thing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercer in March 2017.

Interview

The process moved very quickly and efficiently. I met with the person that would be reporting to first. Over the next few weeks, I met with the remainder of the local/regional leadership team.

Interview Questions

• What intrigues you about joining Mercer and how do you think Mercer can help you with your client base?   Answer Question

Talent Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Prerecorded video interview. Most prompts gave 30 seconds of prep for a two minute answer. One question focused on an approach to a given scenario about a company moving, prep time and answer time were longer for that.

Call Center Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercer (Urbandale, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

The entire process was very punctual. The company is a very easy going company. The recruiters are very helpful as well. The staff was energetic and uplifting. Overall, I believe that this was a very accomplishing thing in my life. I am very excited to see what the future has in store.

Interview Questions

Mercer Response

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your positive experience and Welcome to Mercer!

Senior Health & Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to complete a short online video interview with only a few questions. Then, I was invited to interview in the office two separate times. Each time, I met with several team members. Everyone was friendly and welcoming, upbeat, and excited to meet me. I felt that everyone was trying to get to know ME, rather than asking me to regurgitate the information in my application or on my resumé, and that they were also concerned with making sure I knew exactly what the company was like and that I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How do your personal values align with the values of the company?   Answer Question

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your feedback and happy to see that you have accepted your offer!

Benefits Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Urbandale, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was asked about my background of my career and experience. It went very smooth and was able to answer every question I was asked. We also went over how the job functions and the team environment. The two people who interviewed me seem cery passionate about the job and company, it was what sold me on thr position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I worked in a team environment.   1 Answer

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am happy to hear that you had a great interview experience. Thanks for sharing.

Call Center Representatvie Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (Des Moines, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process went quickly. First phone contact, then skill tests and last a one on one. There were informative emails exchanged, and additional phone calls so we could keep everything on track.

Interview Questions

• What would be the most difficult obstacle I would face if I were hired.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercer in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through the company website. A HR representative contacted me to set up phone interviews with 2 managers. Each interview lasted 30 minutes. The conversations and questions covered my skill sets as well as if I would be a good fit into their corporate culture. The entire process was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your skills are relevant to this role.   Answer Question
    • What are 2 things you are looking for and 2 things you are not looking for in a company?   Answer Question

Health & Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwalk, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

I did an online video interview with prerecorded questions, and then I was asked to come into the office where I met with 5 people for half an hour each. The in person meetings were not easy, but the questions were fair. It took a long time for them to get back to me, however, so I ended up losing interest.

Interview Questions

• Considering your resume shows so many varied interests and activities, why did you choose to focus on health care?   Answer Question