Mercer Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.9

Graduate Talent Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Online interview process
    6 questions to be answered. Not very unpredictable questions. HireView online video interview platform.

After two weeks time I was called for an assessment center where there were presentations, group discussions, client meeting exercise, written exercises, verbal and numerical tests as well as another interview 1:1 with two analysts from the department.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Online application with cover letter and CV, online tests including numerical and verbal reasoning, digital interview with 6 questions, You get 1 minute to prepare for each question and 3 minutes to respond. What do you know about the company? What do you think your daily role will be? What achievements have you got? When have you showed initiative?

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

After submitting the online application, I got a reply in about 2 days telling me I have got a video interview to set up within 48 hours. Initially, I thought this meant I had to set up a time slot. Wrong on that account. So I had to quickly change out of my pyjamas to something business-appropriate. The practice questions did not really help, but the questions asked were quite expected. However, it was not a face-to-face interview. So it felt really weird that I had to constantly try to look at my webcam as I spoke. Actually still waiting for a reply, but I'm sure I did not get it if I were to judge my own performance.

Interview Questions

• Describe the professional examination I plan on taking.   Answer Question

Retirement Actuarial Analyst (Summer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I went through an automated video interview, then got invited to an assessment centre a month later. The assessment centre was supervised by one HR representative, and involved solving different tasks and carrying out discussions and doing a presentation. Then another month later I got invited to have an interview with 2 supervisors in the team in the London office - the interview was like an informal chat and very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where you worked as a team.
      What are your career plans?
      Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Submit the application, do the tests, invited to video interview (30min), invited to AC which is a 7 hour assessment process (presentation, tests, group exercise, written exercise), final round interview (2 interview 2 on 1). It is a lengthy process but the internship is quite rewarding.

Interview Questions

• Impact on QE on UK DC pensions   1 Answer

Mercer Response

Jan 25, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your offer acceptance and thank you for the feedback!

Financial Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

application form and online video interview with 6 questions, after that I was asked to attend an interviews with hiring managers. a numerical test was required on the site.

Managers asked questions based on CV and also some technical question to test your financial knowledge.

interviewers are nice and kind. I feel relax during the interview.

In-house Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very casual chat with really nice management. Described my experience and had a great chat! I got offered the role the following week, unfortunately the HR department couldn't get their act together for about 2 months. But i got there in the end!

Graduate Fiduciary Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

There were 4 different stages: Online Application, including Cover Letter, Video Interview, Assessment Centre, Final Round Interview. The video interview used the Hirevue platform, for basic motivation questions to test your understanding about the company, your applied business line and your daily role. As a graduate trainee, you are expected to know the detail about the professional qualifications Mercer will support you to study towards. Only 1-2 questions regarding competency in the video interview stage. During the assessment centre, you would be grouped with 3-4 other candidates and given a folder containing a to-do-list for individual tasks, a time table and all the related materials. You will be given a reference handbook for the basic investment terms. It is useful if you don't have a finance background. You would allocate time and priority to the tasks on the list to your discretion, but would be asked to record the order, timing and reasons for your prioritisation. The individual tasks included a peer review (30 mistakes to pick up), an e-mail replying to an unhappy client, an SHL paper verbal test, a comment on an investment plan for a company's pension fund (this involves some knowledge about investment, like different asset classes, duration matching, etc.; but this part wouldn't matter too much for your total performance score, so don't worry too much if you don;t have enough knowledge to cope with) and an individual presentation related to the group discussion. The group discussion was for selecting a pension plan for a company out of 3 given plans, discussing their pros and cons. The individual presentation was to present all 3 plans in 10 minutes, followed by questions such as describing DB and DC schemes.
    Lunch was provided by Mercer in its nice cafe, you can pick up whatever you like for free. During the lunch time, you can also have a chat with the team in the area you applied for. HR ladies are friendly and helpful and other candidates in my group friendly as well.

Interview Questions

• UWhat is your idea of what the investment division and fiduciary management do?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

When I went, I discovered it was the usual interview process, same as most other companies. Had two separate interviews, with two different people each time.
    They asked the usual questions. Nothing too technical, and didn't seem to have any curveballs

Annony Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Pros – collegiate team working environment with colleagues

Cons – failed promises from senior management and below ave compensation