Mercer Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Administrative Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

A friend of mine put forward my interview to someone who works at Mercer. The woman phoned me that same day and asked me to come down in person for an interview.
    I travelled to the building the following week and had my interview with 2 interviewers. They were very lovely and made me feel very welcome and comfortable. They asked me a series of questions, however it felt like more of a conversation. The interview lasted roughly 40 minutes.
    I was called again about 3 hours after my interview, where the woman offered me the job and of course, I accepted.
    I am pleased to say I will be joining Mercer within 2 weeks, which I am very excited about.

Interview Questions

• Name one or two things you have learned in the past 6 months which help you today.   Answer Question

Talent Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview had a group component, a client-facing component, an individual interview and a written task. The interviewers were all very friendly and the tasks were interesting.

The only con was the fact that the process lasted from early morning till about 1 pm without a break or lunch. This meant that many of us were tired and hungry in the last activity.

Interview Questions

• Standard competency questions for individual interview.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter.
    Found out about a week or two after chatting with the recruiter that they wanted to interview.
    Interviewed using Hirevue. Got feedback the next day.
    Then interviewed in person at the offices in London, got feedback within 3 working days with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What were 2 things that strike you as being undesirable / that worry you about the role.   1 Answer

Global Mobility Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

A very professional process, with interesting questions and conversations and a very good atmosphere. I was impressed by the detailed feedback both from hiring Manager and also from the HR department. Everyone I was in contact with at Mercer expressed genuine interest and had good questions. This is the best recruitment process, which I have had in my entire career so far. I appreciated the constructive approach and positivity which was present even when I was to present my case at the second interview round.
    The whole process has been very straightforward with a good dialogue through the process. Starting my new job will be a continuation of our talks and I am so excited to get started.

Interview Questions

• My conversations and questions with clients, my networking skills. My sales experience. My background. V   1 Answer

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, after completing an online video interview (which was really odd as I wasn't actually speaking to someone, just giving pre recorded answers to set questions), i was then invited to do 2 online tests. Then I was invited to the assessment centre where I think there were 5 of us applying for the same office. Prior to attending the AC i had to prepare a 3 minute presentation. The whole day was relaxed but still challenging. Everyone was very friendly, they were more concentred with trying to determine how well you would fit within the company rather than asking really tough questions to try and throw you off. My advice would be to do your research on the company, read the job description and be friendly and confident .

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I attended an assessment centre in London which consisted of an interview, a group discussion, a presentation, a role play assessment and a written task. The day was structured well and was finished roughly within five hours. The team that was in charge of the day was really welcoming and friendly which made for an enjoyable day. The only negative I had was the 8:30 start; as I was travelling from the North West it meant I had to stay overnight in a hotel prior to the assessment day.

Interview Questions

• When have I experienced failure and how did I respond to it   Answer Question

Communications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

A phone screen occurred first before any in person interviews. The first round interview was mainly background and competency based questions which were fairly straight forward to answer. The second round consisted of a communications activity and an interview with the head of the practice.
    Everyone from the recruiter to the interviewers were very pleasant and helpful during the process.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage multiple tasks with the same deadline when you have limited time to complete them?   Answer Question

Graduate Talent Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Online interview process
    6 questions to be answered. Not very unpredictable questions. HireView online video interview platform.

After two weeks time I was called for an assessment center where there were presentations, group discussions, client meeting exercise, written exercises, verbal and numerical tests as well as another interview 1:1 with two analysts from the department.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Online application with cover letter and CV, online tests including numerical and verbal reasoning, digital interview with 6 questions, You get 1 minute to prepare for each question and 3 minutes to respond. What do you know about the company? What do you think your daily role will be? What achievements have you got? When have you showed initiative?

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

After submitting the online application, I got a reply in about 2 days telling me I have got a video interview to set up within 48 hours. Initially, I thought this meant I had to set up a time slot. Wrong on that account. So I had to quickly change out of my pyjamas to something business-appropriate. The practice questions did not really help, but the questions asked were quite expected. However, it was not a face-to-face interview. So it felt really weird that I had to constantly try to look at my webcam as I spoke. Actually still waiting for a reply, but I'm sure I did not get it if I were to judge my own performance.

Interview Questions

• Describe the professional examination I plan on taking.   Answer Question