Mercer Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

HR Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard behavioral interviews, nothing more or less. Mercer / MMC like you to meet with a lot of different people so be prepared for a few rounds of interviews.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR manager in March and was told that the hiring team is moving pretty quickly and that it's only one round of interviews and asked me questions based on my resume/experience. I got scheduled to come in for an in-person interview a week later. I got asked questions based on a case study which went well and spoke to two individuals on the hiring team. I touched base with the HR manager the following day who said they wanted me to come in again and meet with two other individuals. I felt like I should have been told this from the start. I did go in the following week for an in-person. I had to keep reaching out to the HR manager and the coordinator to see when they are going to schedule the second-round and they took 4-5 days to get me a confirmation. After this second-round, I reached out to the HR manager once a week for the following three weeks. I was told that a decision has not been made yet and that I was still being considered. Eventually in mid-May, I was finally told that I did not get the position due to another candidate having a closer background. I felt there was a disconnect between HR and the hiring team throughout the interview process because HR did not seem to know why a decision was taking so long to be made and the HR process was not smooth.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked on any projects similar to what this role would be doing and do you have any examples?   Answer Question

Retirement Summer Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was a three phase process. First, I had a phone interview. Then, a video interview with premade questions. Last, a "superday" in New York at the main office with 5 different people all around 30 minutes each. Everyone was super nice and friendly from the moment you walk in. None of the questions were extremely technical or difficult. More behavioral style questions with the interviewers talking about some of their experiences as well. If you are prepared you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interest in actuarial work, particularly consulting?   1 Answer

Talent Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Submitted resume through university career center then moved onto HireVue video interview with 8 questions. I have done a few of these in the past but it always feels weird to talk into a camera

Interview Questions

• -why Mercer
      -favorite job
      -time analyzed data, interpreted it, and communicated it
      -do you get satisfaction from helping others
      -case: moving a factory to a different state. what are the implications
      -time learned something from someone
      -most important thing about you not on resume/cover letter   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercer (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

Applied through University Career Services, pretty simple interview on campus. Basic behavioral questions, such as, why actuary, why consulting, favorite class you've taken. Didn't get an offer because I didn't have any exams passed and I was a sophomore.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercer (Morristown, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Unable to offer when I first interviewed . To interview it was quick after submission. People were very nice and professional. I was able to interview with all levels including my own peers.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions, off your resume, and knowledge of the field   Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY).

Interview

I came in an acquisition so no employment interview. There was a rather intimidating round of meetings with various executives in which they were clearly evaluating each of us to decide if they wanted to keep us.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone screen then a phone interview with the hiring manager. It was all very positive until the interview with the Social Strategist. My understanding of the role was that she would set strategy, this individual would implement. However all of her questions were suspiciously about what strategies I would use, and she even wrapped up saying she was taking notes. The whole process left me feeling that she was purposefully stealing my ideas and this wasn't a real interview. Sure enough, after a very positive interview, I didn't hear a word from anyone at Mercer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what strategy you would use to increase our social reach.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Received an email from the Mercer recruiter inviting me to conduct a video interview on HireVue. Was given 48 hours to complete the interview. Depending how I did on the HireVue interview, next steps will be decided.

Interview Questions

• Please introduce yourself and tell us why you are interested in Mercer.   Answer Question
    • Are you currently employed? If so, please tell me why you are in the market for a new position.   Answer Question
    • Please tell me about your most recent position, including your duties, responsibilities, and how they might apply to this position.   Answer Question
    • Please discuss your way of ensuring excellent service delivery and describe a time when you put this into action.   Answer Question
    • What is your current salary? What is your desired salary for this position?   Answer Question

Summer Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and also forwarded my resume through a connection. First I had a 30 minute phone interview. A few days later I was invited to the office for an interview. There were 2 back-to-back 30 minute interviews. The interviews were pleasant, more like having a conversation where they were trying to get to know me. They also gave me a lot of time to ask questions about them.