Mercer Interview Questions in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Health and Benefits Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Tampa, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

I applied online at the appropriate location on their website for the intern position. I was offered an interview over the phone and accepted. For the interview, I met with several employees in the H&B group, one principle I would never work with, another employee I would never work with, my "boss" who's title is a principle, and the person directly below him. They are required to ask generalized interview questions which, as far as I can tell, none of the higher-ups read before the interview. Each interview is supposed to last 30 minutes, with my boss's being at the end and extending. The non-principles interviewed me in the conference room and I waited in the lobby of the office between interviews. There must have been little planning for the interview, as I was asked the same pre-written personality questions (from a list of about 50) by each person. The principle I never worked with thought it was funny and asked that I tell her if I answered one already. The principle I worked with told me more about the job and what I would do there. Both of these people interviewed me in their offices.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince someone to do things your way.   Answer Question
    • Do you like to spend time finding the answer to a question yourself, or asking someone to learn the answer quickly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate pay. As an intern my pay was hourly and non-negotiable. I was able to choose a starting date and so I picked the earliest date possible to extend the internship (which cannot last more than 12 weeks).