Mercer Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.5

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Health & Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mercer (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed in November 2016. Invited to a first round phone interview after I sent my resume to a campus recruiter. Interview was with two Senior Health & Benefits Analysts (just a couple years in) and was primarily behavioral and very easygoing. Be sure to have questions to ask them as well. Heard back about 3 days later that I was invited to complete an on-site final-round interview at the end of the month. There were three 30-minute interviews with pairs of H&B team employees of various positions. Again mostly behavioral and very pleasant. Be able to express why you want to work at Mercer and why you are a good fit. Afterwards, there was dinner with all the interviewers, interviewees, and other members of the Mercer H&B team. Just be yourself and be engaging. I heard back one week later that I had been awarded the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Mercer, tell us about a time you lead a team, etc.   Answer Question

Talent Rewards Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Overall it was a good process. After applying I was accepted for an on-campus interview. I was later invited to the DC office for two hours of one-on-one interviews. Very nice people, and the interviews were mostly enjoyable. Only negative is that it took them a long time to get back with their final decision.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was very informal. They ask for your work history and the size groups that you work on. Mercer tends to mid in the mid-market space, but does have some large groups.

Interview Questions

• Size groups that I work on.   1 Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mercer (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Corporate Recruiting contacted me about the position and after a review of my most current resume, etc they requested a phone interview with the recruiter. Phone interview lasted about an hour. We shared the time equally covering the general overview of the position, the company, and my background. No difficult questions - just basic review of my background and experience. Recruiter said I was an excellent candidate and would recommend I move on to an in-person interview, which I completed a week later. Hiring manager seemed very capable and knowledgeable. In the interview she utilized results from the personality test that was administered via email/web from corporate HR. Interview lasted an hour and a half with typical how would you handle this type of scenario questions, what are the qualities of your preferred manager, and why do you want to work here. Overall process was positive except they never bothered to let me know they hired someone else, which I hear is typical these days, but unprofessional and rude, in my opinion so I rated the process as negative.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

The entire hiring process took about 2 months from 1st round interview, 2nd round interview (phone) to the final onsite. Yet the hiring manager said it would take 3-4 weeks for the result to come out, I checked upon around that time, got the reply `` maybe another 3-4 weeks", that's the whole email. no hi, no thank you, then completely no hearing-back. Definitely one of the worst interview experience I have.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (College Park, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

Received a request for on-campus interviewing. I thought it went well, and took 20 of the allotted minutes. There were 2 recruiters, both nice, standard behavioral questions and "why Mercer."
    After a few weeks of waiting, I heard they hired their intern on the spot in a different university.

Interview Questions

• When was a difficult time you had to get along with someone   Answer Question

Health and Benefits Consulting Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercer (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

I had my first round on campus with only 1 person. I was asked to walk through my resume, how I thought the health care bill will affect employers, why Mercer, why consulting, what I thought consulting was about, team work, biggest challenge etc.

I was notified of my second round much much later, but it was 1 day about 2.5 hours with 6 people, two at a time. I was asked about my biggest challenge, a time that I failed, missed a deadline, examples of teamwork, etc. Really great people!

No cases or problems!

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you volunteered to do a really difficult job?   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercer (Washington, DC) in January 2009.

Interview

After submitting my resume I had a panel interview with 2 employees. They were very kind, informative, and made the processes very comfortable. Within a few weeks they notified me that I would progress to a second round interview. They arranged for my stay in a very nice hotel suite adjacent to the office building since I was traveling several hours for a half day of interviews. I interviewed with three separate individuals, and a panel of two employees over a lunch that they covered. I wasn't asked any skills testing questions, but instead they asked personality questions and allowed me to ask a lot of questions.