Merchant e-Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merchant e-Solutions Interview Questions

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merchant e-Solutions in July 2015.

Interview

It was short and my interviewer made the process very comfortable. I arrived a few minutes early and then met with my interviewer in a separate office and discussed the position.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merchant e-Solutions (Redwood City, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Not unusual, but more innovative than most. The process sought to quickly validate my resume and experience, but quickly moved on to learning about my approach to problem solving, interpersonal relations and creative focus. The process began with a 1:1 discussion of the position with a recruiter. I then met with the department head, in person. Finally, I met with several members of the hiring team.

The department head was inquisitive and intelligent. Too many interviews tend to be a drag. The HR and team portion of this interview were standard. The department head dug deep and really wanted to find out who I was, as a person and a contributor. I felt that he did a good job breaking through the façade and discovering how my personality would translate into both a fit and success.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a problem for which there is more than one solution and for which the chosen approach must be accepted by several people?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merchant e-Solutions (Redwood City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized and focused. I was introduced to MeS through a recruiter and there was a seamless hand-off between the recruiting agency and the MeS HR team. My interviews were scheduled in advance and occurred on time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked many job specific and relevant questions which demonstrated their desire to screen and hire qualified candidates   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merchant e-Solutions (Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was excellent. I was interviewed initially by an HR representative and then passed on to my eventual new boss. The process was handled very professionally and it was a comfortable process throughout.

Interview Questions

• What type of previous experience i had that would qualify me as an experienced Customer Service professional.   1 Answer

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merchant e-Solutions.

Interview

My interview was set up by a recruiter, but the entire process was quick and easy. The company is very fast moving if you are a strong candidate for the position.

The recruiter scheduled a phone interview the day before, and I was invited in for an in-person interview later that day.

I met with the Engineering Team Lead and two of their Senior Developers, and the conversations went as you would expect for a basic interview: a few basic technical questions from the engineers confirming you know what you say you know, and some talk about your past accomplishments and skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a past experience where your customer demanded a feature you couldn't deliver   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merchant e-Solutions in July 2014.

Interview

Presented by an agency, 1 phone and 1 Skype interview with Agency, then on site with company, HR Leader and 2 other HR people all together in conf room. Good conversation and questions, I brought up negative Glassdoor reviews, they indicated they let go a number of people after acquisition, it was them. Then a couple follow up phone interviews with remote HR people. Given lots of encouragement from agency and HR (let us know if you have other offers, etc), then they went completely dark. At one point job turned from FTE to Contract. Agency had hard time getting any updates from company. What started as a good experience turned very bad. Would not recommend this employer, there seems to be poor direction and no clear decision making process.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Merchant e-Solutions in February 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by phone by the hiring manager. He found me on LinkedIn and saw a good fit. I had the first phone interview & asked my price then asked me to come in a few days later for a interview. I was hired on the spot and started that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Because my LinkedIn profile exposed a difficult problem I solved, I had to answer how I did it. I then had to extrapolate to how I could fix the problem they had at this company.
      There were no unexpected questions. It was all very clean and direct. No tricks or prolonged mind-games.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a good fee and after a pause, it was accepted. When I was hired, there was a hard stop and I couldn't get them to budge. I found out later my position was not in the budget, so I was happy they squeezed me in with a decent salary range.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merchant e-Solutions (Redwood City, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, then onsite.
    Technical interview with several team members and others Lead/manager depts.
    Got a call back from recruiter they want to move forward with hiring process.
    Accepted the offer with bonus

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merchant e-Solutions (Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

Applied in person, interview was primarily info about myself and if I'd worked with credit card machines, computer Savviness was barely questioned, they didn't tell what my starting wage would be even after asking

Interview Questions

• Only info about myself and my expectations for the company. Questions were generic, requested information about good or bad situations at previous jobs and what I did about them   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They wouldn't speak to me about pay

Help Desk Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merchant e-Solutions (Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview was very general. They did not ask any questions beyond "Tell me about yourself" and any customer support experience on your resume. They did not care about anybody's qualifications and were non-specific when pressed for details on what the job actually included (online posting was very vague as well).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.