Merck Associate Principal Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merck Associate Principal Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Merck

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Kenilworth, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

one day interview and talk to different people, ofcourse a presentation need to be done

Other Interview Reviews for Merck

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA).

Interview

There was a phone interview with the hiring scientist. We discussed my background and future hopes and goals. I was invited for an in person interview. I met with nine different people. My goal was to impress all nine and get the job. I gave a presentation and then had 30 minute meetings with the rest of the group. There were behavioral questions and technical questions. In general, the job and group seemed like a great match where we would do amazing research together. The interview did run long but we had great conversations. I over prepared for this interview, did a mock interview with a friend, and ran through a list of expected questions. If there was silence, I asked more questions about the group and projects I'd work on.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you had a different opinion with a boss on how to solve a problem?   Answer Question
    • What type of people do you find the most difficult to interact with?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the next five years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (South San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was just as usual. Meeting all the hiring managers. And then the presentation. What made me very unhappy with the interview is that there was no introduction of me before my presentation. The hiring managers left one by one during my presentation. By the time I finished my presentation, only someone I did not know showed me out of the Merck building.

Interview Questions

• If you had a fight with one colleague during a discussion at the meeting, what did you do?   Answer Question