Merck Biotechnician I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Biotechnician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansdale, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck (Lansdale, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview in January. Was then scheduled for a Skills Test (all Union candidates/employees must pass) in February, which was a computer test that took about 3 hours. Was told the next day that I passed the test and was scheduled for an interview in early March. Went in with 2 other candidates and was given a 30 minute overview about the position and benefits. Then we were each taken to a separate room for a panel interview with 3 people: 2 supervisors and 1 biotechnician. They asked about my resume and then asked behavioral and situational questions. The panel interview lasted about an hour and a half. I was told that I would know by email by the time I got home if I would be put on their "bench list" of people waiting for a position to open. I had thought the interview went well but was surprised to find out they had decided not to put me on the list.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a fellow employee taking a shortcut in a process?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with a group.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Merck

Biotechnician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

First, the hiring manager called me for a phone interview. After that, we scheduled a time for me to take an assessment test, which all Union members need to take. Four hours are allotted for the test although it can be completed in half that time. The test included both skills and personality assessments. After passing the test, I went in for a face-to-face interview.

At the start of the interview, I was taken in with 2 other candidates to sit in a room where we were given a presentation about the Biotechnician position. The hiring manger gave an overview of the position including salary, benefits, working hours, etc. After that I was taken in a room with 3 employees who interviewed me. They asked general questions and overall it was kind of laid back and informal. That day, I was given notification via e-mail that I am on the "bench list," meaning that when a job opens and my name is next on the list, I will be given a job offer. The interview was in November and I have still not be given an offer but I am confident that once a job opens that I will be called. I have a friend who went through the same experience and waited a little over 3 months before she was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a position where you do not use what you have learned in school?   Answer Question