Merck Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merck Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Merck

2.9

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

round after round of seemingly disconnected vetting - some virtual, some in-person, all confusing. one of the worst experiences I've had for such a high-level position at a respected company. LONG gaps in communications. No clarity around direction, need, or match.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merck

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Merck (Boston, MA) in December 2018.

Interview

Standard in the field. One hour presentation to start the day, and a series of 1:1 with relevant department heads. Many were via teleconference, ending automatically and abruptly. The role and I were not a clear match, but after three months, I've not heard back from them either way. Travel reimbursement was slow and incomplete. Not at all upset that the role and my experience didn't match.

Interview Questions

• Many with handouts and canned questions from HR. 'Talk about a decision that you made that you came to regret.'   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2019.

Interview

Short phone screen followed by 4 in person interviews. Simple questions, nothing out of the ordinary. My negative rating is for lack of follow up. I emailed after each interview a personal thank you. After a month of zero communication, I checked with the recruiter and was told they heard nothing. Two months in and still nothing. It's a shame companies treat people this way.

Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck (Summit, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

Two interview days with multiple one-hour sessions with one interviewee per session. First day with hiring manager and peers. Second day with senior management. Standard review of Resume with targeted drill down on specific relevant points.

Interview Questions

• Standard review of Resume with targeted drill down on specific relevant points.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short. There was some flexibility on the offer terms. Advice to prospective employees is to prepare as much as possible with comparables and tips from others who may have more information.

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

typical, scientific discussion, multiple questions from HR, multiple interviewers, situational question, need to give a seminar, expense covered if need to travel, full day, questions were standard, mix of questions about background, situations

Anonymous Employee in Whitehouse Station, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merck (Whitehouse Station, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

Kicked off with an Phone Interview and once cleared then followed with in person interviews for the position with close to 6 people, before an offer was made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in October 2010.

Interview

It went well, but the interview is very intensive. I was interviewed by 2 different group in 2 sites and may interviewers for two full day. very formal process and was interviewed by higher level VP in both the regulatory function and clinical development. It was a phone interview with HR

Another better opportunity

Anonymous Employee in Rahway, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Rahway, NJ) in September 2009.

Interview

They contact you for availability - schedule a day to coime in. Met with 5 individuals 1:1. Often getting the same questions. The time between interview and offer is long often 6 weeks due to the slow process in interviewing candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you pushed back on a supervisor's request.
      • Why did you disagree with the request?
      • What actions did you take to address this disagreement?
      • What were the results?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was brief - not a lot of flexibility

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Merck (Omaha, NE) in January 2014.

Interview

Sceen interview with multiple interviews after first gate.

Director Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Overall it was quite informal and light. People were nice and seemed to be easy to work with, but the assistant was not quite on top of things, which reflected poorly on the group.

Interview Questions

• Mainly around relevant work experience and some behavioral questions   Answer Question