Merck Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Director

Merck Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Merck

Director Interview

Interview

In person interview with 5 people, staff, manager and colleagues. Numerous technical and managerial questions. Very friendly and interested in my background . Asked questions related to my previous experiences

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merck

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

round after round of seemingly disconnected vetting - some virtual, some in-person, all confusing. one of the worst experiences I've had for such a high-level position at a respected company. LONG gaps in communications. No clarity around direction, need, or match.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2019.

Interview

Short phone screen followed by 4 in person interviews. Simple questions, nothing out of the ordinary. My negative rating is for lack of follow up. I emailed after each interview a personal thank you. After a month of zero communication, I checked with the recruiter and was told they heard nothing. Two months in and still nothing. It's a shame companies treat people this way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Merck (Boston, MA) in December 2018.

Interview

Standard in the field. One hour presentation to start the day, and a series of 1:1 with relevant department heads. Many were via teleconference, ending automatically and abruptly. The role and I were not a clear match, but after three months, I've not heard back from them either way. Travel reimbursement was slow and incomplete. Not at all upset that the role and my experience didn't match.

Interview Questions

• Many with handouts and canned questions from HR. 'Talk about a decision that you made that you came to regret.'   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Overall it was quite informal and light. People were nice and seemed to be easy to work with, but the assistant was not quite on top of things, which reflected poorly on the group.

Interview Questions

• Mainly around relevant work experience and some behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

It’s an all day event. I met with 6 people from quality,technology,operations, Human Resources, regulatory, and the hiring manager. They have a script of questions and scenarios. the also had a few specific strategic questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge you have faced in the last year and how did you handle it. Was the outcome successful?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

typical, scientific discussion, multiple questions from HR, multiple interviewers, situational question, need to give a seminar, expense covered if need to travel, full day, questions were standard, mix of questions about background, situations

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Merck (Omaha, NE) in January 2014.

Interview

Sceen interview with multiple interviews after first gate.

Anonymous Employee in Whitehouse Station, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merck (Whitehouse Station, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

Kicked off with an Phone Interview and once cleared then followed with in person interviews for the position with close to 6 people, before an offer was made.

Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck (Summit, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

Two interview days with multiple one-hour sessions with one interviewee per session. First day with hiring manager and peers. Second day with senior management. Standard review of Resume with targeted drill down on specific relevant points.

Interview Questions

• Standard review of Resume with targeted drill down on specific relevant points.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short. There was some flexibility on the offer terms. Advice to prospective employees is to prepare as much as possible with comparables and tips from others who may have more information.