Merck IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merck IT Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied at a career fair, was notified of an in person interview on the day it was scheduled to happen. Went in and had an essentially behavioral interview with two sets of two people, both of whom asked me about my experience and interest.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an unsuccessful project that you worked on.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Merck

Anonymous Employee in Kenilworth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ) in January 2008.

Interview

The position applied and the position hired were different. The hired position was better than the applied position.

Interview Questions

• Decribe previous experiences   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much. Any negotiation you want to make should be done before joining.

IT Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merck in November 2010.

Interview

HR posted position - replied with resume, asked to meet with HR people and IT people (presumed managers in the department that was hiring).

Interview Questions

• Discuss the cost and security implications related to "cloud computing". Being involved in the drug industry, HIPPA regs are a huge factor, requiring insane data security measures which are very expensive, and slow down the process.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck in February 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was very typical of large corporation - slow. Questions were very generic "what are your strengths and weaknesses" questions typical of interviews. Had a good conversation with both of the interviewers after the generic interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to convince a group of people to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question