Merck Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merck Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online early in 2017, and got an interview three months later. I scheduled the interview for the next week. The interview was a very comfortable environment and was conducted over Webex with 3 interviewers. They allotted a certain amount of time for asking me questions, and left plenty of time for me to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you know you wouldn't meet a deadline. How did you react?   Answer Question

Associate Specialist, Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merck (Elizabeth, NJ).

Interview

1 HR phone interview , 3 in person interview, 2 phone interview with director. Asked to go over resume and professional goals and where do you see your self. How soon can you join.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Merck? What do you do in current position?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Overall it was quite informal and light. People were nice and seemed to be easy to work with, but the assistant was not quite on top of things, which reflected poorly on the group.

Interview Questions

• Mainly around relevant work experience and some behavioral questions   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was very straight forward. There were 4 1:1 30-minute interviews and one phone HR call. No seminar. The questions were very standard and typical of what you would expect. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. The interview was as much of a technical interview as it was a personality interview. They wanted to make sure I would fit in the with Merck crowd.

Interview Questions

• What two decisions in your life were you most proud of and least proud of.
      What are you short and long term goals here.
      What are your salary expectations.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Merck in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in October 2016. I got their call in the second week of February, 2017. Their interview process was extremely slow for me at least. The guy took my interview in the second week of February and I have not heard from them since then. He was going to send me an email immediately after the interview, so I could contact him if required. I did not receive any email yet. I do not know whom I should ask!

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about your background.
      2) Why do want to work for Merck?
      3) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      and some more behavioral questions.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millsboro, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Merck (Millsboro, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

Traveled 2.5 hrs for a 15 minute interview. Guy who interviewed me thought that I cancelled so he wasn't prepared with anything. Told me I would hear from him within the next few days regardless, but I have not heard from him at all.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time where you voluntarily chose to enrich someone or a group of people with knowledge you have learned in your life?   Answer Question

VMF Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (Durham, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

It started with a 3 hour online assessment test that was timed and very intense. The test covered personality, mechanical aptitude, coordination, psychological,and brain function. The interview was in person with three different people including management and engineering. They asked many troubleshooting and personality questions which was much more intense than any other interview I have had but overall good people and a good company.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself confrontational?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merck (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview for almost an hour long. very easy and asked me about why did you choose Merck and why you are interested in this company. Overall it was a great experiance. asked me about my background and my previous work experiance.

Biostatistics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merck in January 2017.

Interview

There are a group of four people interviewed me. Started with a short introduction. And then went through the resume and asked very detailed questions about the projects and techniques they interested in. The interview last about 1 hour. Each person may asked about 4 questions. Some are open questions and I didn't understand every part of there questions. Very limited time left for me to ask questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merck in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a science position and heard back within a month. A scientist conducted a brief phone interview, with the focus being on my research and what to expect if I were accepted for the position. The questions were technical, but it was asked so the interview could better understand my logic behind certain parts of my research process. The interviewer asked zero behavioral questions, and was overall easy and pleasant to talk to. I received an offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why was Chemical A used in the reaction?

Please explain the concept behind this step.