Merck Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merck Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merck (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview for almost an hour long. very easy and asked me about why did you choose Merck and why you are interested in this company. Overall it was a great experiance. asked me about my background and my previous work experiance.

Biostatistics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merck in January 2017.

Interview

There are a group of four people interviewed me. Started with a short introduction. And then went through the resume and asked very detailed questions about the projects and techniques they interested in. The interview last about 1 hour. Each person may asked about 4 questions. Some are open questions and I didn't understand every part of there questions. Very limited time left for me to ask questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merck in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a science position and heard back within a month. A scientist conducted a brief phone interview, with the focus being on my research and what to expect if I were accepted for the position. The questions were technical, but it was asked so the interview could better understand my logic behind certain parts of my research process. The interviewer asked zero behavioral questions, and was overall easy and pleasant to talk to. I received an offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why was Chemical A used in the reaction?

Please explain the concept behind this step.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millsboro, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (Millsboro, DE) in January 2017.

Interview

management asked a lot of behavior questions. They are 4 part questions and feel like they are repeating the same question to trick you. Some managers had little to say. Should ask more questions about the work and your skills to complete the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you couldn't meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merck in January 2017.

Interview

Three peoples gave a phone interview in the same time, took turns to ask about some behavior and technique questions based on my resume, at the end of interview, they let me asked some questions about them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rahway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Rahway, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Took about 1 month to receive a call back. Three interviews took place. Asked questions about prior experience and skill sets. Explained what would occur during the internship.

Interview Questions

• A time where you needed to meet a deadline, and what you did to complete the task.   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehouse, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (Whitehouse, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

I love Merck. They were a customer of mine when I worked at an insurance company years ago. More recently, I have followed them through my career in the healthcare industry because of my love of animals and respect for the company in developing out this division of the company to help animals live better lives. I LOVE the Talent Tuesdays announcements on LinkedIn and applied for one of the jobs. I also wrote through LinkedIn mail to the head of Marketing to let her know of my passion and desire to work for the company. I NEVER GOT A RESPONSE. None. Wow.

I was also contacted for a more traditional role at Merck. I spoke with an internal recruiter. He said he was really interested, they were hiring a lot of new people and he would be in touch within a week. Never heard back. I wrote, called and was very professional. I am disappointed in the responsiveness and lack of consumer friendly approach to candidates. I still believe I would love to work for the company. Now even more to help improve the candidate process!

Interview Questions

• About my past experience sourcing.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merck (Newark, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview was a mix of behavioral and technical questions. two back to back 45 min interviews. The behavioral part was simple and nothing out of the extraordinary, but technical questions were semi-case Financial questions.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitehouse Station, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Whitehouse Station, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through LinkedIn. Recruiter liked my background and did a phone screen. She set me up for a phone interview with hiring manager within 2 weeks. I was invited for f2f 2 weeks later. The process went as expected. Extremely professional staff and they made all arrangements for travel covering all expenses.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Tell me about how you manage conflict with a superior?
      What can you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just negotiated salary as initial offered was 30k lowered than what I was making at previous job. However, benefits seem very generous and competitive such as almost 5 weeks vacation to start.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitehouse Station, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck (Whitehouse Station, NJ).

Interview

There was an initial 30 minute phone screen then they invited me on site for a half day long interview. The on site interview consisted of a 1:1, 1:2 (me and 2 Merck employees), and a group discussion with the other interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions such as, "tell me about a time when you were a leader," "tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision."   Answer Question