Merck Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merck Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

Director Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Overall it was quite informal and light. People were nice and seemed to be easy to work with, but the assistant was not quite on top of things, which reflected poorly on the group.

Interview Questions

• Mainly around relevant work experience and some behavioral questions   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was very straight forward. There were 4 1:1 30-minute interviews and one phone HR call. No seminar. The questions were very standard and typical of what you would expect. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. The interview was as much of a technical interview as it was a personality interview. They wanted to make sure I would fit in the with Merck crowd.

Interview Questions

• What two decisions in your life were you most proud of and least proud of.
      What are you short and long term goals here.
      What are your salary expectations.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Merck in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in October 2016. I got their call in the second week of February, 2017. Their interview process was extremely slow for me at least. The guy took my interview in the second week of February and I have not heard from them since then. He was going to send me an email immediately after the interview, so I could contact him if required. I did not receive any email yet. I do not know whom I should ask!

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about your background.
      2) Why do want to work for Merck?
      3) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      and some more behavioral questions.   Answer Question

VMF Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (Durham, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

It started with a 3 hour online assessment test that was timed and very intense. The test covered personality, mechanical aptitude, coordination, psychological,and brain function. The interview was in person with three different people including management and engineering. They asked many troubleshooting and personality questions which was much more intense than any other interview I have had but overall good people and a good company.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself confrontational?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millsboro, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Merck (Millsboro, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

Traveled 2.5 hrs for a 15 minute interview. Guy who interviewed me thought that I cancelled so he wasn't prepared with anything. Told me I would hear from him within the next few days regardless, but I have not heard from him at all.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time where you voluntarily chose to enrich someone or a group of people with knowledge you have learned in your life?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to schedule a phone interview. After the relatively easy phone interview (tell me about your research, etc) with the scientist i would be working under, I was told i would hear back almost two months later.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had interviewed for a position of EA with Merck. The interview was scheduled abruptly. To begin with, I was anticipating atleast a phone call with a recruiter but instead, I was sent an email to schedule multiple interviews with different people.

Worst thing I was expecting the first interviewer to be some kind of recruiter who has domain knowledge on the job posting but no, instead I was made to talk to a Director where I had no idea how is this even going to be a good fit.

Things to improve upon:
    1. Always have a recruiter provide background on the position and make sure it's a good fit on both the ends before making candidates talk to hiring manager or a panel.
    2. If possible, multiple interviews could be collaborated into a conference interview to avoid having to go over all over again with several interviewers over the span of time.
    3. MOST importantly, Please learn to respond to candidates with some feedback or some kind of rejection communication, at minimum.

Till date, I haven't heard of any email communication or response despite me being following up with a good gesture.

I don't think any professionals would be interested in working for such organization who are not couteous and unprofessional. Thanks!

Interview Questions

• Prior experience, use cases for handling the situation, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Internship interview was moderate. The interviewer tested my domain knowledge and my understanding of the concepts. They also tested my ability to work in a team based on my previous experiences. After two rounds of telephonic interview, I received a call followed by an e-mail with my offer letter.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merck (Ithaca, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Completed 45 minute interview. First half was simply going through my resume and asking questions about my experiences. Second half was behavioral questions. Given offer a few weeks after interview.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merck (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview for almost an hour long. very easy and asked me about why did you choose Merck and why you are interested in this company. Overall it was a great experiance. asked me about my background and my previous work experiance.