Merck Interview Questions in Kenilworth, NJ | Glassdoor

Merck Interview Questions in Kenilworth, NJ

2.7

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenilworth, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

Initially, it was a phone interview with the hiring manager. However, it took them couple of months to get back to me. I was invited to Merck's huge site at Kenilworth, NJ. The on-site interview was a day long interview and several of the interviews had 2 people interviewing at the same time. The interview also included an hour-long seminar. They also scheduled a lab tour in the agenda. Each person usually had a set of questions they would ask from. The questions were mixed between technical scenarios and behavioral type.

Interview Questions

• When transferring a continuous-feeding process to contract manufacturer, the CMO insists that they would follow a bolus-type feeding rather than the continuous process developed in-house. What is your decision? Will you agree with CMO's recommendations or not?   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenilworth, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ).

Interview

Brought in for "super-day". Had dinner with Merck employees and 3 other candidates the night before interview. Interviewed from 9 AM to 5 PM meeting mostly everyone in the department.

Interview Questions

• How would you optimize media with 6 different types of media. Asked a lot of "Design of Experiment" questions.   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where one of your co-workers was messy and would not clean up after themselves?   Answer Question

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenilworth, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ).

Interview

Very straight forward interview process. Everyone seemed genuinely interested in learning my background and whether Merck would be a good fit for me. Just make sure to be able to explain why you are specifically interested in Merck and the pharma industry.

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenilworth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was a day long. We met and interviewed with three different senior employees. Interviews were behavioral with one technical question during each interview. We had lunch with four other employees and talked about the company. There was a tour of the site with another senior employee. They interviewed 15+ candidates for 3 positions.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenilworth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

They put me in a conference room and 5 interviewers took turns coming in the room. Questioning was not intensive but they all asked the same thing. It didn't come across that they were trying to see if I would say the same thing, rather they were just winging it and asking the usual questions. But they made me feel very comfortable and no games.

Senior Medical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenilworth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ).

Interview

The process was smooth, and initially, fast. I had a couple phone interviews, and they quickly scheduled me for an on-site day of face-to-face interviewing. The actual conversations were fairly desultory--I think they could judge from my CV that I had the requisite experience. The post-acceptance processing took longer, so all in all it was about 8 weeks from contact to starting the job, although admittedly this was during holiday season. The only bad part of all this was a required medical exam--not just a drug test, an exam with a doctor-- at a doc-in-the-box shop that was located over an hour from my city!

Interview Questions

• Frankly my interview was a milk run--like they just wanted to be sure that I didn't have 2 heads!   1 Answer

Negotiation

They actually offered me a huge raise because where I was living and working, salaries were/are very depressed compared with the industry as a whole.

Clinical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenilworth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

Contacted via email to schedule face to face interview after submission of resume online. Scheduled for interviews with HR and multiple managers. Initial interview was with HR via telephone . Remainder of interviews were with management staff. Interviews occurred one at a time (not as a group). Initial questioning was based on STAR method, and the remainder of each discussion was position and experience based. Interviews were approximately 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• If the position were offered, what would prevent you from accepting it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenilworth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

After waiting a months after my online application I received an email invite to interview with my boss-to-be and one other principal scientist. After setting up a date the interview was conducted over the phone and finished in about 45 minutes after some back and forth questions. I had the exact qualifications/experience they were looking for so the offer letter came a week after the interview. Great, smooth process with no hassle.

Interview Questions

• Review past experience on your resume and tell me more about beyond what's on the paper.   Answer Question

Associate Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenilworth, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

one day interview and talk to different people, ofcourse a presentation need to be done

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenilworth, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ) in March 2009.

Interview

Phone interview followed by personal interview