Merck Pharmaceutical Specialty Executive Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merck Pharmaceutical Specialty Executive Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Merck

1 Interview Review

4.0

Pharmaceutical Specialty Executive Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Burlingame, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Have been rehired twice by Merck and in-between I was employed by Astra Merck, a spin off of Merck, which became AstraZeneca.
My initial boss contacted me to apply for job postings, the interviews were like a cattle call at a hotel near SFO airport, I passed through 4 interviews and was rehired and remained until Merck's big layoff in 2009

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected. I have been an interviewer for pharma myself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated salary in exchange for my established relationships and sales and marketing perspective of the healthcare industry on a broad level.
Not much negotiation room in pharma, they now have a certain ceiling and can't go beyond it. So many of the tenured reps have been laid off and the salaries went from the mid 90,000's to the low 60,000 plus commission.