Merck Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.9

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

It was at first a WebEx call with one member of the team. Then two weeks later, it was an all day 1:1 interview with 3 team members and a HR representative.

Interview Questions

• Stock interview questions. Different theme by each person.   Answer Question

Mechanical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Notified by phone and e-mail. Needed to take a three hour on line test, completed test within 2 and a half hours. Then interviewed two days later at the Merck plant. Interview was very informative and enjoyable. Shown around work area and the offices of the department which job pertained too.

Interview Questions

• How would you proceed on making a monthly or weekly MP on a certain machine ?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

unnecessarily long and drawn out, disorganized. It took on average, 2 to 3 weeks to move between each and every step of the process. Questioning the efficiency of the process was not well received. Their loss.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online early in 2017, and got an interview three months later. I scheduled the interview for the next week. The interview was a very comfortable environment and was conducted over Webex with 3 interviewers. They allotted a certain amount of time for asking me questions, and left plenty of time for me to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you know you wouldn't meet a deadline. How did you react?   Answer Question

Bio-Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was done off-site at a conference center with three managers at one time. They were very relaxed and it was not intimidating or stressful. The questions asked were behavioral interview questions. The interview took about an hour and it took one week to hear back from human resources.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were "Give an example of a time you" and then something like "had to work under pressure" or "handled a difficult situation". Be prepared to give a specific example and the steps you took to manage it.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was very straight forward. There were 4 1:1 30-minute interviews and one phone HR call. No seminar. The questions were very standard and typical of what you would expect. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. The interview was as much of a technical interview as it was a personality interview. They wanted to make sure I would fit in the with Merck crowd.

Interview Questions

• What two decisions in your life were you most proud of and least proud of.
      What are you short and long term goals here.
      What are your salary expectations.
      Answer Question

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had interviewed for a position of EA with Merck. The interview was scheduled abruptly. To begin with, I was anticipating atleast a phone call with a recruiter but instead, I was sent an email to schedule multiple interviews with different people.

Worst thing I was expecting the first interviewer to be some kind of recruiter who has domain knowledge on the job posting but no, instead I was made to talk to a Director where I had no idea how is this even going to be a good fit.

Things to improve upon:
    1. Always have a recruiter provide background on the position and make sure it's a good fit on both the ends before making candidates talk to hiring manager or a panel.
    2. If possible, multiple interviews could be collaborated into a conference interview to avoid having to go over all over again with several interviewers over the span of time.
    3. MOST importantly, Please learn to respond to candidates with some feedback or some kind of rejection communication, at minimum.

Till date, I haven't heard of any email communication or response despite me being following up with a good gesture.

I don't think any professionals would be interested in working for such organization who are not couteous and unprofessional. Thanks!

Interview Questions

• Prior experience, use cases for handling the situation, etc.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Online application, several weeks later was contacted by HR, for each position I interviewed with HR via phone, then was scheduled my interviews with the depts Admin. Whole process from Applying to interview took ~4-6 weeks

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this dept?
      What are your strengths? Weaknesses?
      Run us through your resume
      Give an example of a time you had to collaborate with other teams, lead other teams...
      Give an example you faced a complex problem and how did you resolve it?
      -Asked specific questions towards metrics on my resume
      Answer Question

I Applied for Several Jobs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gwynedd, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (Gwynedd, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone, subsequently had a face to face interviews for at least 3 jobs. I had individual personal interviews and also group interviews for senior scientist/leader level opportunities. All the interviewers acknowledged my strong background and global drug development experience. However, i never got any timely results outcome till today. The HR folks did not show any interest to notify the results. The HR Vp at merck should take a note of this and rectify the interview process at Merck soon.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. They wanted to know real life questions and how i resolved them   Answer Question

Drug Safety Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Wales, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck (North Wales, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a long process. But once interviewed it was very organized and efficient. The questions were typical. The interviewers were very professional and friendly. I also received a tour of the facility