Merck Sharp & Dohme Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merck Sharp & Dohme Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.8

Merck Manufacturing Develop Program Interview

Interview

I was apart of their future talent program so I applied online during my internship and they had a designated day of interviews.

The interviews ran all day long and they consisted of four 30 minute interviews (they were spread out with breaks for lunch), one HR and three managers. The interviewers were extremely nice and it did not feel like an interview. There were the normal behavioral questions that they would ask, but even those felt like normal conversation.

Each manager ask one technical question and they don't expect you to know the answer, they just want to see your train of thought.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you did not follow the rules in a work place and what were the outcomes   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme (West Point, PA).

Interview

Seven different interviews with different people

Interview Questions

• How to handle a situation in which there is no correct answer   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offered a pay and ask for a $10,000 increase.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme.

Interview

Internship process is different. I had one contact with HR and one contact with my manager.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitehouse, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme (Whitehouse, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

Was proposed by an internal contact, provided by resume and after a long time, hiring manager's recruiter reached out and then it went smoothly. Interviewed with hiring manager and people that I would work with

Interview Questions

• they used standard questions provided by HR such as "what are strengths and weaknesses", "where do you see yourself in 5 years", along with some specific job related questions   1 Answer

Bio-Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme (Durham, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Interesting hiring process. First interview consisted of several candidates and a single hiring manager. Typical interview questions were asked. After inital round of questioning some candidates were given an individual interview. Second interview was one on one. After Drug screen and background check certain behavioral questions were asked. Additionally a three hour "competancy" test was given. HR contacted candidates several days later with an offer. Dont try and negotiate for this position it will not work.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to accomplish in the first 90 days in this position.   Answer Question

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme (West Point, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

It was the most efficient interview and hiring process I have ever encountered. The 1:1 interview took about a half day with a one-hour teleconference with HR on a separate day. Offer was extended to me a few days later. The key is that they really know what they are looking for to fill the position and don't waste any time on decision making process.

Interview Questions

• Describe my past expereience in dealing with difficult people   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how I design, create and implement a new program (or process) in my current or past positions.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenilworth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme (Kenilworth, NJ) in September 2011.

Interview

All phone interviews. They didn't require me to come into the office to interview and all of the interviews were held over the phone. I have interviewed at companies where I am stuck there all day meeting with various people and it's very tedious and time-consuming. This was a quick process; however, I found out later that they experience so much employee turnover that they just react.

Bio Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme (Durham, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

After you submit your resume they send you an email with details for an online assessment. It is a personality test with questions like, "Do you run yellow lights?". If you pass the online assessment they send you an email for an on site assessment which is also computer based. This takes about 3 hours to complete with problem solving questions, IQ questions, mathmatical questions, and judgement questions. If you pass the on site assessment they have you come back for a panel interview where you interview with multiple panels for about 3 more hours. If you pass the on site interviews, you will recieve a phone call and have a phone interview. If you pass all of that they email you the job offer and you have to start the drug screen process, back gorund check, and education check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to resolve a conflict with a manager or emplyee.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were given a project to complete. What were the factors that led to you completing the project on time. Did you suceed or fail?   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was an entry level position mostly for recent college grads. No negotiation

Biotechnician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansdale, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme (Lansdale, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview in January. Was then scheduled for a Skills Test (all Union candidates/employees must pass) in February, which was a computer test that took about 3 hours. Was told the next day that I passed the test and was scheduled for an interview in early March. Went in with 2 other candidates and was given a 30 minute overview about the position and benefits. Then we were each taken to a separate room for a panel interview with 3 people: 2 supervisors and 1 biotechnician. They asked about my resume and then asked behavioral and situational questions. The panel interview lasted about an hour and a half. I was told that I would know by email by the time I got home if I would be put on their "bench list" of people waiting for a position to open. I had thought the interview went well but was surprised to find out they had decided not to put me on the list.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a fellow employee taking a shortcut in a process?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with a group.   Answer Question

Biochemist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme in February 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was smooth. People were friendly. Asked pertinent questions to my experience. They flew me out to the site and paid for lodging. there was a car at the airport to pick me up and take me to the hotel. Lunch was provided on the interview day. The interviews lasted all day. it was a very thorough process.

Interview Questions

• How did i feel i could help the current organization prosper   Answer Question