Merck Interview Questions in West Point, PA | Glassdoor

2.8

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Notified by phone and e-mail. Needed to take a three hour on line test, completed test within 2 and a half hours. Then interviewed two days later at the Merck plant. Interview was very informative and enjoyable. Shown around work area and the offices of the department which job pertained too.

Interview Questions

• How would you proceed on making a monthly or weekly MP on a certain machine ?   Answer Question

Bio-Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was done off-site at a conference center with three managers at one time. They were very relaxed and it was not intimidating or stressful. The questions asked were behavioral interview questions. The interview took about an hour and it took one week to hear back from human resources.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were "Give an example of a time you" and then something like "had to work under pressure" or "handled a difficult situation". Be prepared to give a specific example and the steps you took to manage it.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was very straight forward. There were 4 1:1 30-minute interviews and one phone HR call. No seminar. The questions were very standard and typical of what you would expect. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. The interview was as much of a technical interview as it was a personality interview. They wanted to make sure I would fit in the with Merck crowd.

Interview Questions

• What two decisions in your life were you most proud of and least proud of.
      What are you short and long term goals here.
      What are your salary expectations.   Answer Question

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had interviewed for a position of EA with Merck. The interview was scheduled abruptly. To begin with, I was anticipating atleast a phone call with a recruiter but instead, I was sent an email to schedule multiple interviews with different people.

Worst thing I was expecting the first interviewer to be some kind of recruiter who has domain knowledge on the job posting but no, instead I was made to talk to a Director where I had no idea how is this even going to be a good fit.

Things to improve upon:
    1. Always have a recruiter provide background on the position and make sure it's a good fit on both the ends before making candidates talk to hiring manager or a panel.
    2. If possible, multiple interviews could be collaborated into a conference interview to avoid having to go over all over again with several interviewers over the span of time.
    3. MOST importantly, Please learn to respond to candidates with some feedback or some kind of rejection communication, at minimum.

Till date, I haven't heard of any email communication or response despite me being following up with a good gesture.

I don't think any professionals would be interested in working for such organization who are not couteous and unprofessional. Thanks!

Interview Questions

• Prior experience, use cases for handling the situation, etc.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Online application, several weeks later was contacted by HR, for each position I interviewed with HR via phone, then was scheduled my interviews with the depts Admin. Whole process from Applying to interview took ~4-6 weeks

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this dept?
      What are your strengths? Weaknesses?
      Run us through your resume
      Give an example of a time you had to collaborate with other teams, lead other teams...
      Give an example you faced a complex problem and how did you resolve it?
      -Asked specific questions towards metrics on my resume   Answer Question

Manufacturing Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online in October. Had a telephone screen in November. Took a personality test in November. Had a face to face interview with a panel of managers in December. Received a call that they cancelled the posting in February.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was for a contract position on an upcoming project. I met with 3 employees in charge of the project. It was 20 minutes long and very straightforward. They asked how my experience fits the position and what I can offer. They asked a couple technical questions in regards to aseptic techniques and what I have done in past experiences.
    Initially I received a call from a recruiter about the position and how it is a similar fit to my current position. I was interested in the Scientist role at Merck and within a couple days I had an interview lined up. Under 24 hours after the interview, I received a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• What aseptic techniques do you use under the biosafety hood?   Answer Question
    • What is the gowning procedure at your current company?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA).

Interview

The overall process in one word would be described as - cumbersome.
    First step was the online application(~15m), about 1.5 month turnaround to find out I progressed to the face to face round robin (5 person) interview. I was told someone would reach out to me to inform me of details, this never occurred. Interview team started late, when one person would exit the room, 10-15m later another would enter. Each person held a 30-60m interview (individually, each interviewer was well prepared and very easy to talk to). Interview lasted ~4-5hrs. I heard nothing for nearly 6 months, then while on vacation got a random call from HR. HR personnel followed up (2-3 days) with an email, this turnaround was consistent with every email I sent for negotiations. After I received an offer, negotiations took ~3-4 weeks, with what could have taken 1-1.5 weeks with appropriate response time (the dates written on each offer showed the document had been revised and made into a PDF the same days I replied to emails). All-in-all, the entire interview to job offer took nearly 6 months. During this time I went through several other phone screening and face to face interviews to offers, which had taken 1-3 weeks in comparison; from equally large global companies.

Interview Questions

• -Run me through your resume
      -How are you in an union environment
      -How do you work under pressure
      -How is your demeanor under pressure
      -Name a time you had to pull team support for a project or to overcome an obstacle
      -Name a time you had to lead a multi-departmental team
      -How do you cope with off shift work?
      -Tell me about yourself
      -Why managing?
      -Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      -What do you do when you're not working?   Answer Question

Senior Specialist, Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was panel style with three people asking questions in a conference room. The interviewers sat on one side of table and I sat on the other. People were very nice and stuck to mainly situation based questions after a brief resume review.

Interview Questions

• To go through resume and then situational type questions   Answer Question

Senior Specialist, Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was with four to five people for 45 minutes each. This amounted to a half day of interviewing. Each asked situational questions like "what would you do in a difficult situation" etc. Also, they asked about background and why you want the job. I met with director level employees.