Mercury Systems Interview Questions in Chelmsford, MA | Glassdoor

Mercury Systems Interview Questions in Chelmsford, MA

Updated Apr 4, 2017

Director, Business Development Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called by the hiring manager with whom I had several calls with prior to setting up a half day of calls with various leaders within the company for additional interviews. All the interviews were extremely professional, each interviewer had carefully reviewed my resume and came prepared with specific questions on how I could help Mercury. It was obvious during the interview process that the Mercury leaders have a vision and are looking for the talent to help them execute. The level of industry knowledge and thought provoking questions was unlike any other interviews I was involved in. This is a company headed in the right direction.

Interview Questions

• Many questions on my background and previous experience as well as my views of the A&D market and how best to help Mercury bring a new product into the US A&D market.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Talked to multiple engineers, and hiring manager, and the HR person. Lots of questions about what I had do on my resume. Technical questions included basic queries about how things work. Everyone was very open and friendly.

Interview Questions

• How does a file system work? How does virtualization work?   Answer Question

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process went well and decisions was made quickly. The number of interviewers seemed excessive. Recruiter kept in touch during the process which is a nice chance from most companies. The fruit basket was a real class act.

Interview Questions

• How would you address a concern from an employee regarding their position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

They received my resume from a career fair I attended. HR contacted me through email and set up a screening call and from there a phone interview with the hiring manager and then an on site interview which lasted about 4 hours. I met with five people and was asked mostly resume and experience questions and a couple technical questions, but was not asked to write code. Overall, it was an average interview but was a waste of time and could have been avoided. They should have made clear from the beginning what they were looking for in terms of qualifications.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Long. My interview lasted over 3 hours. It was a great opportunity to meet many of the people I work with everyday. It made the first day a little easier. I met with 8 different people, ranging from HR to Co-workers all the way up to the VP. I left having a great feeling about the company and my future at Mercury.

Interview Questions

• The dreaded weakness and strength question. Those are always a doozy. The best advice I can give would be to always make a weakness something someone else can deem a strength. My weakness is always that " I cannot leave things unfinished"   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through college, set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. Half hour call, all behavioral questions. Was asked to come in for a 2 hour interview, which was split into 8, 15-minute sessions with employees from the department I applied to. Similar to the phone screen, mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions- a challenge you overcame, a team experience where not everyone did what was asked, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Tedious. This was to replace someone who left the company. Met with many different department leads, some not even sure why they were there. A couple were friendly and genuinely interested in learning more about me. Some did not read my resume, asked weird and unrelated questions. Everyone made sure to tell me that it was an organization full of "A" personalities (read difficult to get along with) and that the norm was to work 60-70 hours a week. (read no work/life balance) They did not seem to grasp the concept that I was also interviewing them. I made sure the HR person knew before I left. Probably why I did not get an offer, I would have turned it down. No telecommute, No flex work hours. Very formal. Expensive medical and dental plans.

Interview Questions

• Are you OK with working with all "A" type personalities?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Was asked to come to the headquarters and interviewed with 4 different people each lasting about 30 minutes each. Pretty straightforward questions regarding my work experience and extracurriculars from my resume.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Very thorough. Lisa Weingarten was prompt and very communicative throughout the process from the first time she called to see if I was interested all the way through to my first day. Interviewed with department first, then invited me back for a second interview which consisted of 30 minutes with the people who would become my peers, then a wrap-up with Lisa herself, then an offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

The only interview I had was for the co-op position. Since I was already working in the group (~3 years) when I finished school they hired me full time with no additional interview. The co-op interview leaned heavily on basic computing/C programming questions. It started with a phone interview where I spoke with two engineers who later became my mentors. This is the stage where the computing questions occurred. After that I was asked to come in to meet the group's manager. He was interested in finding out more about my personality and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a stack.   1 Answer