Mercury Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercury Systems Interview Questions

3.2

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Talked to multiple engineers, and hiring manager, and the HR person. Lots of questions about what I had do on my resume. Technical questions included basic queries about how things work. Everyone was very open and friendly.

Interview Questions

• How does a file system work? How does virtualization work?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

They received my resume from a career fair I attended. HR contacted me through email and set up a screening call and from there a phone interview with the hiring manager and then an on site interview which lasted about 4 hours. I met with five people and was asked mostly resume and experience questions and a couple technical questions, but was not asked to write code. Overall, it was an average interview but was a waste of time and could have been avoided. They should have made clear from the beginning what they were looking for in terms of qualifications.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Tedious. This was to replace someone who left the company. Met with many different department leads, some not even sure why they were there. A couple were friendly and genuinely interested in learning more about me. Some did not read my resume, asked weird and unrelated questions. Everyone made sure to tell me that it was an organization full of "A" personalities (read difficult to get along with) and that the norm was to work 60-70 hours a week. (read no work/life balance) They did not seem to grasp the concept that I was also interviewing them. I made sure the HR person knew before I left. Probably why I did not get an offer, I would have turned it down. No telecommute, No flex work hours. Very formal. Expensive medical and dental plans.

Interview Questions

• Are you OK with working with all "A" type personalities?   Answer Question

Computer Product Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercury Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

Looking to be re-hired, job required relocation (on me), on phone hiring manager (whom I knew very well) gave incorrect signals about what they really wanted. In person interviews revealed the disconnect and the day was wasted. Company is still a good place to work for most roles. Management is in a state of flux and there is sometimes inconsistency in the charters.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle the details of product project management, given constantly changing priorities?   1 Answer
    • Do you really want to relocate?   1 Answer