MercuryGate International Front End Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MercuryGate International Front End Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at MercuryGate International

1 Interview Review

4.0

Front End Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MercuryGate International.

Interview

I had a typical technical phone screen interview first. The phone call was good, pretty laid back and conversational. I was asked a variety of technical questions but they were more open ended, which I enjoyed because it better enabled me to open up about my knowledge (vs a direct question/answer type of interview).

I was invited for an onsite the following week or so. I gave the HR rep a time slot of 3-4 hours for every day of the week. The rep scheduled the interview on the friday afternoon before christmas the following monday.

I arrived on Friday and asked for the person who'm I was supposed to meet with. He was not in the office that day. It was clear there was disorganization. I was moved several times and had to wait a bit. I gave the HR rep plenty of availability, so it was very disappointing to see there was no preparation for my interview or attempt to reschedule.

Finally a senior lead showed up, spoke with me for quite some time and gave me a tour of the office space. Afterwards I was given a test by a member of the team. The test was given to me on a different machine and software editor then I am used to working on. I wish the team had allowed me to work in my own environment due to the time and pressures of the test.

Overall, despite the obvious disorganization I enjoyed the meeting the two team members. Afterwards however, I received no follow-up (it has now been several months since the onsite). No email or phone call even to let me know they've decided to go in another direction, etc.

For all the time and effort spent as an applicant I feel it's courteous to at least take the time to let your interviewees know they are no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to code a specific problem in person during the onsite interview.   Answer Question