Meredith Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meredith Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews at Meredith Corporation

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation.

Interview

Applied online. Called within one week of application. Telephone and two in person. Met with 5 managers. Offer and background check done. Started within month from interview. Good communication regarding interview status.

Advertising Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation.

Interview

I applied through the website and was contacted about 2-3 weeks later. From start to finish the entire process took about 3 months before I started. Everything was done fairly.

Publication Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoover, AL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (Hoover, AL).

Interview

Basically, I did their full interview process (3 Steps - phone interview, test, and in person)... and they didnt have the courtesy to tell me I wasnt hired until I called 4 months later. To seek and apply for a job is a true investment of time. The very least they couldve done was write an email that said they moved forward with other candidates. For a communication industry, communication seems be lacking.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about my previous jobs... Nothing stands out.   Answer Question

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

Not sure where to start. Everything was fantastic up until it was time to make an offer, or not make an offer. Everyone was really nice, scheduling was flexible, pretty easy going experience.

All of a sudden no one could be reached it seems? The recruiter kept saying they will put pressure on the team to make a decision, but the decision just never happened ? Very weird. But, nice people overall from what I observed.

Senior Nodejs Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

A recruiter external to Meredith submitted me after asking me 3x over 2y about same role. Somehow it'd been unfulfilled for years but I was soon to find out why. The usual 1st round HR screen then the 24h long "Meredith Coding Challenge" was submitted, it was said to take 2h but I used 5h. It was quite a open ended way to show skills wherein I used nodeJS given the role's demands. That might have been sufficient so they scheduled a 2.5h final round interview. First was the boss' parallel boss in a parallel group, no problem. Same for the 2nd. Third person was the boss of them all, very strong emphasis on personality and ability to rise into leadership. Forth was the problem being a famously gratituous hard-nosed Lead Dev to the point of rude and flippant. She was immediately disapproving and never let up ultimately obviously never satisfied. Next was a Developer, easy questions therein. Last was boss himself but no content and though friendly, it was clear he took the immediate disapproval of #4 to disapprove.

Interview Questions

• How does nodeJS serve a response?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation.

Interview

Really easy - felt like just chatting with friends. They asked all the normal questions and then threw in some fun questions as well. They offered me the position on the spot but were willing to give me time to think about it as well.

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

I had a 20/30-minute phone call with someone who would be my manager. Then, they sent me an edit test to complete in a week. I emailed it back by the deadline, and the next day, I got an email saying I made it to the final round.

Thsn, after I was put in touch via email with the editor who would conduct my last interview so we could schedule a call, I was ghosted. I followed up at least three times politely CC’ing the first person who interviewed me, but nothing.

Interview Questions

• How have your previous experiences prepared you for the role?   1 Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with five different people during two rounds of interviews and also had to create a
    PowerPoint sales presentation in response to a mock RFP. Never heard any feedback despite reaching out to the hiring manager multiple times.

Very unprofessional how they treat prospective employees and total waste of my valuable time.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Front End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (Culver City, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by Meredith Corp. via email by the Senior Web Developer: Ilya Godes. We scheduled an online interview within two days. The conversation was very one sided:

* Asked about my working background/history
    * Skills
    * Challenges faced in dev process
    * Etc.

Interview then led to two code challenges. One CSS challenge and one JS challenge. The CSS challenge took less than a minute (if you know CSS or Flex box well question is super simple). The JS question tested on a JS quirk. Cannot recall the exact questions, but I got them both right. I also cannot recall, but one of us had to call the interview short because we went over the limit (45mins. to 1 hr.). As a "bonus" he wanted me to either answer a question related to the JS quirk or create a problem related to a JS quirk and come up with a detailed solution on how to solve it and why it was a JS Quirk. For the latter, I knew I was being taken for a ride, and they would use that in another interview.

The following week I was invited to an onsite and scheduled for the end of the week. The onsite was in what seemed like an abandoned floor in a fancy building adjacent to the Cinemark 18 & XD in Culver City. Ilya came out to greet me and was super welcoming.

In the onsite interview, we did some pair programming with another front end dev, including some white boarding. The white boarding seemed fishy because they asked me to diagram my previous company's code base. I stalled and gave them some unsatisfactory answer. Probably should have answered to the better of my knowledge. The pair programming was the same as the online, but with different questions. The answer that they were looking for was GRID for the CSS portion, because they use grid layouts for all their styles. The JS tripped me up, a problem that I never really tackled on a daily basis, but I eventually came to a solution and got it right. It seemed I even surprised them with my solution as it was better (O of n?).

The interview continued with three more group interviews. QA and Sr. Backend (QA was doing most of the talking), a founder who reported to stakeholders (the subsidiary for this interview was Shopnation) and the PM.

When I was interviewed by the PM, she asked me to reaffirm why I wanted to work for Meredith. In the end, we both knew we were not a fit. It was more funny when I asked how many positions were available and how many they were looking to hire. She said three positions were available, one for front end developer and two more dev positions. When I asked the reason why they were hiring for three, instead of saying something general ("we're growing", which in their case was true), she stated that the three previous devs quit because the company moves frequently and the current building they were in was an extra 15 minute drive for the developers. The developers could not handle an extra 15 minute commute... that's a valid excuse in LA.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty unorganized. Was asked to come in for an interview and I ended up meeting with about 10 employees, half of which had almost no notice that they would be interviewing me. Had to email twice a week later to receive feedback.