Meredith Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Associate Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (Des Moines, IA) in January 2011.

Interview

Contacted by HR., Flown in for interview with Creative Directors and Managing editor. Presented my portfolio to creatives and then the managing editor. Shown around the premises. Driven back to airport.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Normal hiring/interview process. HR phone interview and then interview with hiring manager. Design position, which includes portfolio review and usually design test.

Interview Questions

• Pretty normal questions about background and abilities. Don't remember anything difficult. It is a design position, so mostly look at portfolio.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation on salary or extra benefits. Take it or leave it.

Assistant Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (Des Moines, IA) in April 2007.

Interview

An interview with HR associate first. Basic interview questions: Strengths, weaknesses, why do you want to work for Meredith and/or area you are applying for. Be sure to prepare. You need to stand out above the rest. Bring your portfolio.

Usually you will interview with whoever your direct report will be. Tell about your work experiences - especially ones that relate directly to what you are applying for. You will be asked to present your portfolio - explain each project briefly (this is key) and be sure to tell the interviewee exactly what your role was in the project. Art directors are looking for experience in photography art direction and expertise in typography is an advantage. Again - the basic interview questions: Strengths, weaknesses, why would you be chosen for this position, how well you work with editors (give examples for all). Show lots of confidence and be sure to research the title or web site you will be working on. If that is a hobby or something you enjoy - all the better.

Decisions may take a while so be patient. There are lots of people that need to approve the position. Just be in constant contact with HR ( I used email to check in once a week or so )

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a conflict?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. Research what the going rate is for your position. As of March 2009, budgets are tight, there are salary freezes. If you really want the job you may want to consider to take what they offer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (Des Moines, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very informal. I interviewed with a few people from the staff. They followed up with me about the position over email. it took about three weeks for them to get back to me and let me know that I received the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked me questions about myself. Asked me why I would be a good fit for the position. Asked me what my strengths and weaknesses were.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation.

Interview

It was fine, more of a conversation than an interview. Asked basic questions about previous experience and what I would bring to the job, etc. Took a long time to hear back, after sending multiple follow-up emails

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (Des Moines, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

Because I was studying abroad, I had a Skype interview with the two people who would become my superiors. They asked about social media and fact-checking, and were very nice and thoughtful. They emailed me about a month later to told me I'd landed the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with social media?
      How would you go about fact-checking a travel story?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Was put in touch through employee referral. Then setup an interview through HR. Met in person not through phone. Met with several different employees at different levels in the offices.

Interview Questions

• What is your area of interest
      What is your past experience   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

I was contacted via email for a phone interview with human resources. About one week later, I then had a one-on-one in-person interview with the supervisor. About another week later, I met with other members of the team. Although I followed up with thank you emails, I never heard back from them.

Shared Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Very long, meet with several individuals and was interviewed by them all, Very good people and many have been there for years, First phone screen, interview with HR, interview with Manager and then interviewed by several department heads

Interview Questions

• How would you approach your boss with an issue?   1 Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation in May 2012.

Interview

Due to my being out of the country during the interview process, all communication was initially done via email and phone. A final interview with four department directors occurred via skype. While the numbers were a bit overwhelming, all were quite nice and easy to speak with, even virtually.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think people read magazines? Why do you read magazines? List three favorite publications.   Answer Question