Meredith Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meredith Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.8

Creative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation.

Interview

I applied and heard nothing for a month so assumed I wasn't being considered. About 6 weeks after applying, an employee (not in the department I applied for, and not supervisory to the role) called me and asked if I was interested in the position, because I had been referred by someone we both knew. I said yes, and so they had me email them a resume that they would forward to the hiring manager. Weird, but I was very interested in the job, so I went ahead.

Heard nothing for about 3 weeks, then the hiring manager emailed and asked if I was available for an in-person interview. I went in a couple weeks later to meet with them. It was a great meeting and I felt very positive about the job.

About 2 weeks after that, I was invited back for another in-person interview with HR and a team member. When I got there, HR had to cancel their meeting with me (I found out later they were in the process of laying people off and probably very busy). I met with the team member. It was a little awkward as they only had 2 questions for me and I had 10+ for them. I got a tour as well.

2 weeks after that, I received an email inviting me to participate in a phone interview with a VP located in New York. It went well and again, I felt positive about the position.

2 weeks after that, I was asked to come in and interview with HR and some senior members of the division in two separate interviews. Both went very well and I was informed I was in the top 2 for the position.

2 weeks after that, I was informed that I did not get the job. The whole process took about 4 months.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you know about the content we create? And other typical questions.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

I was contacted via email for a phone interview with human resources. About one week later, I then had a one-on-one in-person interview with the supervisor. About another week later, I met with other members of the team. Although I followed up with thank you emails, I never heard back from them.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (Detroit, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

The process started out typical with a phone screen, then coming in to interview with the team (twice). I actually interviewed for a couple of different roles at their request. The HR Rep gave me the run around like I have never heard of or experienced before. He was very unprofessional, condescending, and ended up never following up with me after stringing me along for nearly three months with these positions. For all of the time and effort I put into this interview process, the least the HR Rep could have done was to let me know that the position was no longer available, or that it had been filled, whatever it may be. In the end, my thought was that I wouldn't want to work for a company like this. Meredith Corporation should really treat their potential associates with more respect. I know I'll never recommend any colleagues to seek employment at Meredith.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, mostly just experience based questions.   Answer Question

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted a few weeks after having applied by an automated email inviting me to take part in a virtual interview (pre-recorded interview online where it will record my responses). The online part consisted of four written questions (with no time limit) and six video-recorded questions (varying time limits from 1 to 2 minutes, with anywhere between 30 and 90 seconds to prepare for each question). Caution, you do NOT get to retry any questions. One take, and that's it. The question are merely text-based, but obviously your responses are recorded by your webcam.

Their virtual interview format is not ideal, because it shows you your own picture/video while recording, which can be very distracting.

Interview Questions

• Compare the different traffic systems that you've used. Are you a "big-picture" person or more detail oriented, and give us an example that illustrates your response? Tell us what you understand the Traffic Coordinator position consists of.   Answer Question

Shared Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Very long, meet with several individuals and was interviewed by them all, Very good people and many have been there for years, First phone screen, interview with HR, interview with Manager and then interviewed by several department heads

Interview Questions

• How would you approach your boss with an issue?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy interview. Basic questions. Started with HR screener call, went for in person interview. Lasted 2 hours, I met with 4 different people. Seemed like a decent work culture.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

You are given a phone interview, an interview with HR, and then several interviews with the sales team, and senior vice publisher.The process of the interview was not nerve wracking which was nice, and you know you've got the green light if they're giving you tons of back issue magazines.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your career going?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, their offer was firm.

Freelance Senior Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (Culver City, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Meredith employs a company who does a background check on potential candidates. They reviewed my past employers, education and income. As well as any criminal records, of which there weren't any. Once they reviewed all key areas, they gave their findings to Meredith's human resources. No red flags. I was simply called to come in. I was also given a copy of their findings. It took a day or so. Typical experience these days.

Interview Questions

• They wanted income tax records for several years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. Flat hourly fee.

Intern Interview

Interview

Was put in touch through employee referral. Then setup an interview through HR. Met in person not through phone. Met with several different employees at different levels in the offices.

Interview Questions

• What is your area of interest
      What is your past experience
      Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process included one on one sit downs with multiple employees. They asked basic questions. You should be able to come prepared. I was shown the office space. Very friendly workers.