Meredith Corporation Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

You are given a phone interview, an interview with HR, and then several interviews with the sales team, and senior vice publisher.The process of the interview was not nerve wracking which was nice, and you know you've got the green light if they're giving you tons of back issue magazines.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your career going?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, their offer was firm.

FashionAt Fitness Magazine Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through ed2010.com. Received an email the next day from the fashion assistant to come in for an interview. Interviewed the following week, but never heard back. I thought the interview went well, so I assume they went with someone with more experience (I don't have any fashion experience).

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Typical interview process. Applied online, heard back in a couple of weeks for a phone screen with the HR. Another round of phone screen with the manager. Came in to the office for in person interview. Took about a month and half total.

Assistant to the Editor-in-Chief of MORE Magazine Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Was forwarded the EIC's public Facebook post regarding her search for a new assistant. I emailed her my resume and cover letter, and was contacted by the assistant that was being replaced to set up an interview the following week. I interviewed in the EIC's office with the assistant but never saw the EIC. Assistant was very nice, asked standard questions, and was encouraging. We got along great but she was leaving a month earlier than I was able to start, so I knew in the interview that it wasn't going to work out. I (female) wore a fitted black suit and felt really overdressed compared to the business casual attire of everyone else I saw.

Interview Questions

• She told me that the EIC once had an assistant who sent her pregnant, in December, to the wrong restaurant--I think just to watch for my reaction?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position online and didn't receive an email until a few weeks later to ask me to come in for an interview. I interviewed with one woman for maybe twenty minutes before sending me on to interview with another woman. Everyone at the office seemed very friendly and both women I interviewed with were friendly and easy going and seemed genuinely interested in me.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were straight forward. Interview was kept conversational and was mostly focused on my resume. No difficult quesitons   Answer Question

Direct Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied online through campus recruiting and then had a phone interview. In-person interview when I was in NYC (was applying from out of state). The woman who interviewed was very kind and explained that she needed someone with specialized experience. I asked why she had me come in for the second interview (considering my obvious lack of direct marketing experience) and she said she liked me and was hoping to find something relevant to direct marketing in my background. I am wondering why the job was posted on a college career database if they were not really looking for entry level candidates.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a project that was your resposibility that reaped returns for a company or organization (raising money for a charity, sales, etc.? How much money exactly?   Answer Question

Art/Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied on the company website and was contacted for an interview by the Managing Editor. I met with her for a long interview and discussed the position and my experience. I was asked to come in for a follow up interview with the Creative Director and Production Manager and later was asked to come back to meet with an HR person.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with the Adobe Creative Suite   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I met with HR and then higher level executives at Fitness Magazine. I also met with an employee a year older than myself, and she explained a lot about the company from my point of view. However, after the interview I found out that they were in a hiring freeze and could only offer me a temp position and that the job I had interviewed for couldn't be filled so I would have to come in and interview for a different role, still temp.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a magazine publishing company?   Answer Question

Freelance Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Hiring Manager emailed me first. Then we talked on the phone and set up an in-person meeting with her and the head of the group via several emails. We to discuss the project in greater details. Everyone from the security guards to reception were all very courteous and professional.

My sense is that, this company respects its people and has a good work/life balance.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience with these types of projects?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are the nicest, most reasonable people. The negotiation was a totally pleasant experience. My advice would be to go in knowing what your bottom line is and what the rates are for that particular industry.

I felt I was treated very fairly.

Managing Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (New York, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with several editors and HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

TOugh negotiation salary wise