Merial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merial Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Merial (Duluth, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was offered to interview through a staffing agency. It took a few weeks to get the interview scheduled as they were only able to interview on Fridays. It was a group interview with 6 people total. At first the person interview went over the job description and introduced herself. We were paired up in twos at first and asked to interview that person, and then we had to present the information about the person we learned in front of the group. Then, we were asked to pick a question out of the bin at the front of the room and answer the random question. Then, we were asked individually what our worst job we ever had was. And then split into two teams to debate "Is the customer always right?" After that, they picked who made it through to the next round and called them back in to have an individual interview. The individual interview lasted 15 minutes, and only about 4 questions were asked to see if we would be fit for the call center position. It was an easy and relaxed group interview. They let us know by the following Monday if we were to get the offer or not.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst job you have ever had? Why? And what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merial (Duluth, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was done in a group. We had 12 members that paired in 2. So each group pair was required to interview his other pair by asking any questions vice versa for 10mins n then asked to summarize your pair mate(personality,qualities,why they applied for this job...etc). After this you were required to pick a paper out of a bin n read question n then answer it. Other strategy questions involve how to think quickly.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merial (Norcross, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Whole interview process is unorganized and lacking of serious professionalism. Manager asks questions with two Indian developers and there is communication gap among them. Developers ask question and do not wait to listen answers. Frequently interrupt while candidate is answering. I felt like they do not know how to behave! Or they simply do not know what they are doing.
    They were asking about some basic online payment processing issues. Its basic and well known issues but they do not have any clue how to solve it. Its their technical skill issue before manner issue.
    Simply disappointed with the chaos they made in the interview.
    Later I got to know that they did not like me because of my 'soft skill'. Might be they saw my unhappy face while they were making the chaos! Their manner less behavior made me unhappy and they are now saying I have soft skill issue. Simply stupid!

Interview Questions

• How did you performed online payment processing in your past job?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merial in May 2016.

Interview

Met at a career fair. I applied to the position online and was contacted following that. That was followed by a phone interview and then was asked to complete a Caliper Assessment. After that was complete there was another brief phone interview which would determine whether I would be brought in for an in person panel interview.

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merial (Duluth, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Flew into Atlanta. Picked up by limo service and taken to headquarters in Duluth, GA. The interview day consisted of three interviews, followed by lunch, and shadowing a customer representative. The first interview was with one lady, who was a director within the company. The other two interviews were each with two people. Two ladies who directly manage Customer Representatives, and one lady and one man who oversee the whole customer care teams. Each interview was scripted, as the interviewers took turns asking questions from a Merial booklet.

Interview Questions

• Will you be happy working for Merial? What does Customer Service mean to you?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merial.

Interview

The whole interview process took 3-4 months. I applied online, then had a phone interview to go over the position and briefly review my resume. About a month later, I was emailed an online questionnaire. The questionnaire was fairly long and extensive. About a month after that I was emailed to set up a face to face interview in Duluth, GA. The interview was very stressful. It was very clear they were interviewing people one after another all day. First you do a presentation about a product, then 2 separate 30/45 min interviews with groups of 3-4 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing your previous employer would say you need to improve?
      What is your pet peeve about the work place?
      Sell us this pen.   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Merial (Duluth, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online in December. I did a phone interview on January 8. My in person interview was on January 19. The in person interview consisted of 3 rounds of interviews with different managers and job shadowing for the position. The process took about a month. It was 3 weeks before they notified me if I was offered the position.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Merial (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was very laid-back and informative. I then completed a personality assessment. Three weeks later I received an email for an interview in their main office in Georgia. Flights were arranged. Interviews were two rounds of panels with a sales pitch to a panel of employers. Very professional atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you bent the rules? What does leadership mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Merial (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied over the summer and had 1 phone interview and never heard back. Several months later I was contacted again and had another phone interview, then was asked to come in for an in person interview. The in person interview involves being awkwardly shuffled around the building to three separate interviews (2 interviewers in each, so 6 total) are asked all the same questions over and over again while they barely glance in your direction. One interviewer was even checking his phone. There were three of us interviewing at the same time and the guy who was in the room before me in my second and third interview went way over his allotted time (45 minutes) both times and nothing was done while I was kept waiting and then cut short. After you are done with interviews, you spend time shadowing a rep in a dark cubicle and then asked to fill out a questionnaire.

Interview Questions

• They asked behavioral questions. (Tell me about a time when...) All of their questions come from a packet that they barely look up from during the in person process.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Merial (Athens, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. Looked interesting. Had phone interview. Continued to look good. Invited for onsite interview and time to explore surrounding area. Day of interview was pretty standard; all day, meeting people one-on-one, including lunch. Everything good to this point and looked promising based on feedback. Then they got cold feet and started playing games. Strung me along for nearly two months after the onsite interview. This was stressful because it involved a major relocation for me and my family. It was nearly four months from first contact until I finally decided to pull the plug and move on with my life. If they normally move that slowly or like to play games, then not the place for me. Recruiter could only do so much. I never did hear from them.

Interview Questions

• How would I optimize process XYZ?   1 Answer