MeridianLink Interview Questions in Costa Mesa, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MeridianLink (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied in January 2017 and they reached me the day after. They asked about the most technical project that I had done. Then I got a phone interview. The interviewer asked some questions related to the courses that I had taken. after that I got an in-person interview. It was a 4-hour interview with 2 groups of interviewers. They gave me some problems to solve and discuss about the algorithm I used, time and space complexity.

Interview Questions

• Given a graph with a set of Vertices and edges, write a routine to find the shortest distance between 2 vertices.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MeridianLink (Costa Mesa, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through their site. There were 1 1hr phone screen and 1 4hr interview. Phone screen was a breeze. Just basically go through your resume, then ask a few technical questions about OOP, problem solving. Interview lasts 4hr with 2 team lead. Questions were fair.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MeridianLink (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a reply within a day asking some general questions. I replied to those and then was sent another email the following day to take a basic troubleshooting timed test along with a Wonderlic test. Took that test on a Friday and was emailed back on Monday for a time for a phone interview with the Recruiting Manager. After an hour discussion of my skills and what the skills are needed for the job, I came to the conclusion that those did not align.

Overall the process was VERY professional and positive.

Interview Questions

MeridianLink Response

Oct 18, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your good experience with the MeridianLink recruiting and interviewing process. We try to make sure all candidates receive a positive and professional experience... More

Software Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MeridianLink (Costa Mesa, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

There was one 1-hour phone interview and another 3-hour in person interview. The phone interview consisted of basic questions going over academic history, interests, qualifications, and a 30-minute troubleshooting scenario. In the troubleshooting scenario I had to diagnose a client's printer issue over the phone. The in person interview was similar but with more focus on technical skills, first I was given two tasks in excel: the first being to format various cells based on their cell-value and the second task was to access data from a closed excel workbook without opening the file. After these tasks there was another troubleshooting scenario in which I had to diagnose a client who was having trouble sending an email. Finally, I was grilled pretty hard on my transcript and academic history, so be prepared for a discussion about any transcripts (High School and University) as well as SAT scores.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a client who is having printer issues?   1 Answer

Software Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MeridianLink (Costa Mesa, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It took a month and a half. Although I applied for a software engineering position they asked me to consider software support instead. I wrote them an essay answering a question about the challenges I faced and what I learned from it. Then had a phone interview while they asked me to trouble shoot a cellphone that the user had no experience with it before. In person interview took about 4 hours. My suggestion is to learn HLOOK and VLOOK from excel.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself for the next five years working for our company?   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MeridianLink (Costa Mesa, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

So I was reached out to via email, the first step was a phone interview with some one from HR. The questions were basic, they were pretty heavy on my timeline a script and academic history. Next there was an online personality, cognitive and aptitude test. After that I finally made it to an i person interview with 4 individuals. Then there was another in person interview, with a lead. This was the hardest interview, this person grilled me on my academic history, they had me do an impromptu exercise testing my technical ability.

Interview Questions

• if a client complained that their browser was running too slow what action would you suggest   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very quick, didn't negotiate much. The compensation package offered was in line with what I wanted

Customer Productivity Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MeridianLink (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Starts with an e-mail exchange, then an assessment test and if you pass that you are scheduled for a phone interview. After a successful phone interview, you will then be scheduled for an on-site interview. I talked with a manager and a software engineer about the position, company and my experience. After talking, you are asked to take a test and then the on-site interview is done. Unfortunately, I did not get an offer. Hope this helps and good luck.

Interview Questions

• If you had to help a friend troubleshoot a printer that won't print from their computer, what steps would you take to troubleshoot their issue?   1 Answer

Nov 1, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a nice review about ML's recruiting and interviewing process. We're glad the experience was a positive one for you, and appreciate the feedback. Best of luck in... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MeridianLink (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

1. The first step, you need to answer a technical coding question online. You are allowed 1 hour to do it. This should not be difficult as along as you have some programming experience before.

2. If you do well in the coding question, the next step is a phone interview with hiring manger. To be honest, it was the worst interview I have ever had. First, the interviewer called me half a hour late than the scheduled time. Second, the interviewer just went over a list of questions he prepared. I believed the interviewer was not a software engineer or developer because whenever my answer to the questions were not exactly the same as the answer he had on his paper, he would sound unhappy. For some questions he asked, I was very sure I provided the correct answers. However, I felt he disagreed with my answers. So, I asked him what were the right answers. He told me I should find out after the interview. Before the interview ended, I attempted to clarify a few answers to the questions he asked. He seemed not patient at all and stopped me again and again. Right after the interview, I searched the questions he asked me and discussed with my friends almost all the questions he asked which turned out most of my answers were correct. I applied the job position because I was very interested in it. However, the interviewer really disappointed me. Not everyone will memorize the answers from wikipedia if that is how the interviewer checks the correctness of the questions he asks. The only thing I feel good about the interview process was that the HR was nice and response quickly.

Interview Questions

• Questions will come from the courses you take and work experience.   Answer Question

Dec 7, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback, and your nice comments about our HR. We're sorry you felt your phone interview wasn't a positive experience. We try to be prompt for all interviews, but the unexpected... More

Document Integration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MeridianLink (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

The whole process took quite some time, I applied around early June as a recent graduate. I received an email about 2 weeks after requesting my transcripts. About a week after that I received another email a week later asking me to do an online assessment, it was just a cognitive abilities test. Sometime after that I received an email scheduling a phone interview, the phone interview itself was very simple and short. The interviewer just asked questions about my resume and asked to me answer situational questions about working with clients. It only lasted about 20 minutes. After I received an email, scheduling an in person interview. The in person interview lasted about an hour, the interviewer asked me to go through every bad grade on my transcript, and give an explanation as to why it happened. They saw I had some programming experience, so they asked my to do some minor coding in HTML and CSS. They also spent time describing the company and position.

Interview Questions

MeridianLink Response

Aug 14, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. Providing timely responses to candidates is a priority for us. We researched our timeliness for this position after seeing your comments, and found... More

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MeridianLink (Costa Mesa, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

One phone intrerview and then an in person interview with two individuals. The phone interview was fully scripted. Basic questions for the most part asking about times I helped another, what was difficult about the last job etc. 2nd interview was kind of the same thing. Only one person asked the questions with the other interjecting maybe twice.

Interview Questions

• Describe the last time outside of work you helped somebody?   1 Answer