Merion Matters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merion Matters (King of Prussia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person meet with managers and VP. Sit with a rep and watch them work for an hour, then sit with HR again. Before I got my offer letter, my references told me they were called.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merion Matters (West Conshohocken, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was not scheduled. Call was much to lengthy and in depth for an initial phone screen. Over one hour. Had two interviews after..each well over two hours.

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral questions where you had to give situation, task, action, result   1 Answer

Merion Matters Response

Jan 28, 2016 – Corporate Communications Director

I'm sorry that this process was a negative experience for you. We do try to be very thorough in certain cases when it comes to finding a candidate match, but we don't typically take that amount of... More

All Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merion Matters (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

The interview process is extremely thorough and they leave no detail forgotten. Have your story set before your interview and know exactly what your direction is for the future (and make sure it is in line with the position you are applying for or forget about an offer). You will not survive if you have not done thorough research on not only the position you are applying for but the company as a whole. You should also (mentally) prepare a long list of thoughtful and relevant questions for evey person who interviews you or you do not stand a chance. Testing is performed for every position - written, role plays, technical, etc.

Interview Questions

• They operate using a behavioral based interview style for most positions. Think of situations that you have encountered in your professional life that would apply to the role you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will negotiate with you over $500...(not exaggerating). Have a firm but realistic idea of what salary you will accept. There salaries are overall low-average but also realistic for the size of the company and for what you're responsibilities will entail. They do a great job of discussing a potential offer during the interview/reference checking process so there really should be no surprises when an offer is made.

Sales Interview

Interview

It was very typical of most companies. The first interview was on the phone with the Human Resources Recruiter. Then there was a face to face with upper management and a second with the owners.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merion Matters (King of Prussia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very extensive phone screen to start, probably around 45 min worth of time going over my entire resume. Came in for a first interview with the Editorial Director, lasted approx. an hour and was given testing materials at the conclusion. Completed those and was invited back for a second interview, this time with the Sales Director, Marketing Director, the Editorial Director/an Associate Editor and finally HR. Total time spanned was around 3 hours. References were called and dates were discussed, but it seemed to kind of fizzle out and nothing ever materialized.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about Sales playing a strong role in Editorial operations?   1 Answer

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merion Matters (King of Prussia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

HR contacted me within a week of applying. Did a phone interview, heard back within 3 days to set up in person interview, there was a second interview before offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous work experiance   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merion Matters (King of Prussia, PA) in August 2010.

Interview

Started with the typical phone interview with the HR recruiter- came in for a series of interviews, each last 45 minutes, with two separate hiring managers... Role play with a third manager and ended the day with a 1:1 interview with the head of the sales department. After checking my references, I was offered the position.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merion Matters (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

Very friendly, first quick phone call about my interests/goals/personality then met in person with two directors then with president of the company. I really liked the interviewers and the office is beautiful. I felt like I was having a conversation and it was very comfortable. The interview went very well and they are really dedicated to their potential employees.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your experience at ______ on your resume?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merion Matters (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

The Process was detailed. There is a writing test, order entry test...among other things.

Interview Questions

• None... all were expected. The HR recruiters are great!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiations... they were firm with offering you the least they possibly could.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merion Matters.

Interview

Phone interview, 1st interview, 2nd interview you got the job.

Negotiation

No negotiating, they told you what they could pay you, which is LOW.